Hello from NY! also what's going on with my apt!!

Announce your presence, if you will.

priam18
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello from NY! also what's going on with my apt!!

Post by priam18 »

Hi!

Great to finally move from lurker to poster here.

To introduce myself, I'm from NY - am a longtime Christian and continue to be. I'm interested in this site because I find that it offers an interesting perspective to a lot of questions I have regarding the spiritual side of Christianity, questions that often are ignored in my local community/church.

I also joined because I've been having strange things happen in my house recently and wanted to know if anyone could shed some insight:

1. I was getting out of the shower recently when out of nowhere, I heard a pin-drop - I looked around and it was as if someone had dropped a dime from thin air (is what had caused the sound). Don't know how it happened, and I've been thinking of non-supernatural ways but given the dimensions of the bathroom, there's almost nowhere to hide money in there and there is also no way for it to have just fallen from somewhere (dropped right in the center of the room). Anyway, I picked up the dime and still have it - it hasn't done anything weird that I've noticed since.

2. I have a room that is separated from another room by a lockable bathroom. Given that room #2 is occupied by someone else and the bathroom is used by both of us, I always try to be respectful and never lock the bathroom from my side. This is almost to the point of fanaticism, to be honest. I just think it'd be very rude to do so since I've had it done to me. However, lo and behold, I get back from work the other day and find that the bathroom door has been locked, preventing the person in room #2 from using it. Now I know I definitely didn't do it. Given that this and the prior episode (#1, above) happened on the same day, I was wondering if this was a spirit trying to get my attention? If so, how do I respond? Please note, I haven't done any full evocations but I have tried angel invocations in the past - like, in the last week. Could this be an effect/response to my invocations?

If anyone can offer any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again, and glad to be here.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Hello from NY! also what's going on with my apt!!

Post by Desecrated »

priam18 wrote:Hi!

To introduce myself, I'm from NY - am a longtime Christian and continue to be. I'm interested in this site because I find that it offers an interesting perspective to a lot of questions I have regarding the spiritual side of Christianity, questions that often are ignored in my local community/church.

I also joined because I've been having strange things happen in my house recently and wanted to know if anyone could shed some insight:

1. I was getting out of the shower recently when out of nowhere, I heard a pin-drop - I looked around and it was as if someone had dropped a dime from thin air (is what had caused the sound). Don't know how it happened, and I've been thinking of non-supernatural ways but given the dimensions of the bathroom, there's almost nowhere to hide money in there and there is also no way for it to have just fallen from somewhere (dropped right in the center of the room). Anyway, I picked up the dime and still have it - it hasn't done anything weird that I've noticed since.

2. I have a room that is separated from another room by a lockable bathroom. Given that room #2 is occupied by someone else and the bathroom is used by both of us, I always try to be respectful and never lock the bathroom from my side. This is almost to the point of fanaticism, to be honest. I just think it'd be very rude to do so since I've had it done to me. However, lo and behold, I get back from work the other day and find that the bathroom door has been locked, preventing the person in room #2 from using it. Now I know I definitely didn't do it. Given that this and the prior episode (#1, above) happened on the same day, I was wondering if this was a spirit trying to get my attention? If so, how do I respond? Please note, I haven't done any full evocations but I have tried angel invocations in the past - like, in the last week. Could this be an effect/response to my invocations?

Make sure you look absolutely everywhere in your apartment. There has been an alarming high numbers of stories with people living inside of other peoples places.

I don't think an angel with go around dropping money and locking doors.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

What's up with all the first time posters and their poltergeists? I'm wary some lonely, bored kid is fabricating a bunch of stories. Seriously what happened to good old masturbation and video games?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

If we go back through the help section, who knows how many of the posts are these idiots. I'm just gonna ignore these threads from now on. Find something productive to do with your lives. Go play video games and jack off, losers.

By the way, I have the name of Anakin Skinwalker, [email protected], and this identity is enough to hex someone. I have a few friends who are into spirit evocation and are already aware and annoyed by you, so this will be a good opportunity for them all to practice their skills with black magic. So congratulations, you played yourself.

Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

priam18 wrote:Hi!

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24889337/ns/w ... oset-year/
Probably some creep living in your attic, watching you sleep. [shh]

Anok
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anok »

As has been said, angels have better things to do than what you're describing - and better ways of getting your attention, such as appearing suddenly with blinding light and holy awe or the likes.

In fact, I expect that if an intelligent spirit wants to talk, it will find me in a dream or when I'm close to sleep and very receptive, and actually communicate in some clear way, verbally or symbolically.

Do spirits mess with coins and locks? I say yes, I went through a period where locks would end up locked that shouldn't have been, and on one occasion an electronic lock locked itself while I was present, to my curiosity and others' confusion. But whatever the cause of this was, it wasn't useful to me magically or spiritually.

So as a magician I consider this kind of annoyance to be amusing at best, but really the spiritual equivalent of having squirrels in your attic. Since you are Christian, I would pray that your space be made pure and that the Holy Spirit fill it and keep it (and you) safe - or whatever similar prayer or spiritual act you are comfortable with. If you are faithful, this should do the trick. If weirdness continues, let us know.
One word led me to another Word
One work led me to another Work

priam18
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by priam18 »

Thanks for the replies -

that's the thing, none of this appears to be useful to me spiritually or magically, so for the life of me, I can't decide what to do with it other than just ignore it..

..or try to find the weird creep living in my apt lol.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

priam18 wrote:Thanks for the replies -

that's the thing, none of this appears to be useful to me spiritually or magically, so for the life of me, I can't decide what to do with it other than just ignore it..

..or try to find the weird creep living in my apt lol.
Frater xavier talk about something like this and I can't remember it all, but basically if you do a lot of magic, you'll have these small events happening around you. The important thing is not to be afraid of them and actually see them as cool little incidents that there is more to the universe than we understand.

However, cleaning, cleansing, banish and shielding is usually a good idea to keep out small pests and other unwanted.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote: I'm just gonna ignore these threads from now on. Find something productive to do with your lives. Go play video games and jack off, losers.
I've been on this forum for years and we usually get one of these every second week. If they annoy you, please stay out of them. I will get around to them within a day or so and try to resolve the issue.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Desecrated wrote:
chowderpope wrote: I'm just gonna ignore these threads from now on. Find something productive to do with your lives. Go play video games and jack off, losers.
I've been on this forum for years and we usually get one of these every second week. If they annoy you, please stay out of them. I will get around to them within a day or so and try to resolve the issue.
Okay, I'll relax about this. It's just frustrating that I got tricked, and now I'm finding it hard to discern if these are real posts or not.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Maybe we need the Swedish Troll Incense? 8)
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:Maybe we need the Swedish Troll Incense? 8)
DO NOT, under any circumstance light that indoors.
But some nice sage or myrrh can be a nice offering to angels and keep the astral baddies away.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Desecrated wrote:
violetstar wrote:Maybe we need the Swedish Troll Incense? 8)
DO NOT, under any circumstance light that indoors.
But some nice sage or myrrh can be a nice offering to angels and keep the astral baddies away.
I found stalks of sage for a great price today at a convenience store, because the store is right next to a Mosque and they provide lots of varied cooking herbs. Lucky find, because just recently I was in a specialty smoke shop and they sold sage for smudging which was less plant material at 3 times the price. I think it may be better to seek out "cooking" sage rather than "smudging" sage, because although it's the same thing, the price seems to differ based on it's advertised purpose.

I hear astral baddies love stinky garbage smells but they hate pleasant smells, so I try to keep the place smelling good. A lot of people don't like the smell of burning sage but I happen to like it.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I found stalks of sage for a great price today at a convenience store, because the store is right next to a Mosque and they provide lots of varied cooking herbs. Lucky find, because just recently I was in a specialty smoke shop and they sold sage for smudging which was less plant material at 3 times the price. I think it may be better to seek out "cooking" sage rather than "smudging" sage, because although it's the same thing, the price seems to differ based on it's advertised purpose.
Cooking sage and smudging sage is not the same.
What we use in food is Salvia officinalis, and what is used in smudging is Salvia apiana.
Although, they are just regional versions of the same plant, now that I think of it. And you can probably substitute them. But the white sage smells a lot stronger and burns easier.
I hear astral baddies love stinky garbage smells but they hate pleasant smells, so I try to keep the place smelling good. A lot of people don't like the smell of burning sage but I happen to like it.
We had a long discussion on the forum about the before, and smell is definitely something they react to. Keeping your house clean and smelling good is a great way to keep them out. Cleanliness is next to Godliness

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Desecrated wrote: Cooking sage and smudging sage is not the same.
What we use in food is Salvia officinalis, and what is used in smudging is Salvia apiana.
Although, they are just regional versions of the same plant, now that I think of it. And you can probably substitute them. But the white sage smells a lot stronger and burns easier.
What I got was Salvia apiana. This place catered to Muslim customers, and apparently they have a demand for white sage, presumably for smudging, which is cool. I didn't think about it before, but I googled it and apparently smudging is practiced in Islam.

I have gotten Salvia offinalis before in a smudge bundle, and I thought it was weird smelling. It does not smell as good as white sage when it burns, imo.

Return to “Introductions”