Hello All

Announce your presence, if you will.

DWilke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello All

Post by DWilke »

Just a quick introduction, screen name is my first initial, and last name. I was raised Christian but it never sat well with me, too many rules and not enough independent thought. After a stint in the military where one of my jobs was in honor guard performing funeral details my faith and belief system was thrown in a tail spin. It took me 5 years to start to figure it out, my wife suggested we take a class. The class was billed as an introduction to ancient philosophy and the occult, the book we used was Manly P. Hall's Secret Teachings of all Ages. That started the slide down the rabbit hole, a slide I have quite enjoyed. As far as other stuff, I'm a truck technician at a Caterpillar dealership, and the things I enjoy most are lazy weekends with my wife, showing our little version of American life to others through hosting exchange students, and shooting firearms.
I really hope to learn more through this message board. So far my journey into "alternative thought" has been very rewarding.
" And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god..." -Joseph Campbell

Cerber

Re: Hello All

Post by Cerber »

Well, the good news - you are pleased to have you here, in other words Welcome!
The bad news - we are not as lively as we used to be. There isn't as many friendly faces around these days, apart from this old dog. But if there is something I can assist you with, shoot! (words, not bullets, I don't digest those very well)

DWilke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by DWilke »

Thank you for the welcome. While I would be lying if I said I don't care about a vibrant community with many people and a quick pace, I will say there is something to be said for a community with a few engaged people that are knowledgeable and accepting. I will also assure you, this "colonist" will not send any bullets your way...
" And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god..." -Joseph Campbell

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

DWilke wrote:While I would be lying if I said I don't care about a vibrant community with many people and a quick pace..
That's understandable. Part of the reason we got abandoned, I'm guessing. Not as vibrant as some other communities. The other part might be some of the beasts around take too much space.
DWilke wrote: I will say there is something to be said for a community with a few engaged people that are knowledgeable and accepting.
That's a lot depends on your interests, there were never two minds alike here. On this spot many different paths crossed, none was quite like the other. I maybe don't have much knowledge, but all (almost) my experiences are in the open for cherry picking if anything of any use to you.

Return to “Introductions”