I run this sh*t!

Announce your presence, if you will.

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

I run this sh*t!

Post by borealis »

Hello, I'm your new system administrator, Borealis. I'm taking over for the last guy, who I happened to be in contact with after taking over hosting a different site for him a while back.

I am a chaos magician who has been practicing for about 3 years now, but I had some interest in magic before then. I have also spent a year as a student of a Thelemic magical order, but am currently on hiatus due to quarantine. I have been running Linux servers and hosting many kinds of websites for over 10 years, so I'd like to think that the forums are in good hands. It's my first time running a phpBB forum in a number of years, but I'm catching on quickly and I think I have most of the issues ironed out.

Message me if you have any concerns about the forums. I wasn't a user here before just now, so my main priority is making sure that the site is comfortable for the other users. Thank you to everyone who came back or is just now showing up, and I hope that before long OccultForum.org will return to being an active resource used by many.

Raksju
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: I run this sh*t!

Post by Raksju »

Hiya!

Good luck :D

Thus far i havent really met anyone with the same interests in the SysAdmin field.
Nice to have one :D hope we can spar about alot of things (IT And magick related!)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

So exciting :D Since we now have someone able and willing, forum should spring back to live in no time, if it hasn't done so already.
Hopefully smilies pack will get fixed soon too.

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

Cerber wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:26 am Hopefully smilies pack will get fixed soon too.
I hadn't noticed the issue with the smilies pack. I'll look into it when I have some time.

Caliban
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caliban »

I am frankly amazed that the restoration you have accomplished here allowed me to recover my original account. Well done!

It is good to have these back, thank you.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Return to “Introductions”