Hello

Announce your presence, if you will.

vives gladio
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello

Post by vives gladio »

Hi there,

I'm honestly not quite sure what sequence of events led me here, but after the apparent death of another forum and good amount of time working on and by myself I thought I'd give this a go. Rather than just lurk around, I thought I'd make myself one more voice that is interested in having some conversations. Happy to see a few familiar appellations. Sincere hopes that people are doing well in these absolutely absurd times.

best wishes
vg

Cerber

Re: Hello

Post by Cerber »

Welcome to our small little town, we used to mine exclusively occult knowledge, but changes in climate and other factors made such industries struggle. So we began to diversify in to other industries, like gifs, youtube music videos and many more wondrous things. Occults arts are still a thing, but more like a side gig.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Hello. I like that avatar, Cerber.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Spida wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:30 am Hello. I like that avatar, Cerber.
Thank you. I needed some more style.
But I couldn't help but notice, yours could use some more muchness..

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Yes my avatar is very serious...

And although it has various correspondences, the one in mind when I blazoned it was that of Hadit and Nuit...

The primordial existing as a zero dimensional point(Hadit) of consciousness, surrounded by the illusory external construct(Nuit) which emanates from it; because of it - the dream.

The retired user here : Desecrated, in a roundabout way was responsible for this as well since I wanted to create an avatar with a transparent background like his, and ended up installing GIMP and fashioning my own since it appeared to be the easiest and most straightforward way.

I do agree though, that yours is much more colorful in contrast; sometimes we are serious, other times, not so much.

Not that you aren't serious(perhaps of a different manner), just sayin'.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Well mine is spiritual too, but perhaps in more subtle ways :P
But you don't need to be gentle, I'm quite proud of my "no too serious" character. I've done my share of seriousness in this life. Only few years back I was so serious, my employees, my own team would call me "Hitler" behind my back.. I bet you can't even imagine that :D It wasn't healthy at all.
Both the serious kind and the chill kind, all heading to the same square mile down the road. I'm just taking the chill lane..

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Cerber wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 pm Well mine is spiritual too, but perhaps in more subtle ways :P
You put up good shit. It's apparent to me, anyways, that some thought goes in to it. Finding the right words and images(or music) to relay a sentiment is not always an easy thing. It can be an artform.

There are many ways to stimulate the soul, mysticism and primordial origins is one, and humor is definitely another. Neither is easy, and many suck at both. It does require a bit of intelligence among other things.

In the end though, everyone is only what they were made to be. Which is reminiscent of Crowley where he talks about one exercising their own "true will". Of course no matter ones' core abilities, their is always room for improvement. Which is to say that you can't necessarily blame someone for being an idiot...

It reminds me of a maxim that I fashioned some years ago : Since no thing defines its' own creation, it cannot be held responsible for its' nature.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Oh I forgot to mention that I thought that the Snoop Dogg was a nice touch.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

True indeed, everything's part science, part art, with a little bit of magic sprinkled on the top, or in between.

Return to “Introductions”