Greetings and Love

Announce your presence, if you will.

OCoAA
Forum Member
Forum Member

Greetings and Love

Post by OCoAA »

Maybe a little introduction for those interested. (Excuse my english) I have been on ‘the path’ for Some time now I feel like it is time to start reaching out. I live quite isolated, a small town close to a piece of the little nature we have left. As isolation, or seclusion, often is of value to what I seek, I feel that it’s time for Some of us ‘like minded’ to move in larger communities and start putting our understandings to further use. I would describe the current I flow on as occult anarchism, though i’m sure this will provoke some questions with some. So here I hope to meet some people who could support me in sharing their knowledge and experiences, so I can on my turn to this for others and it that way work towards a liberation of mind, body and soul for all who seek. To put up a significant defence for our earth and our freedom (physical as well as pschycological). But mostly I hope to meet some people here with whom I can expand, understand and create our own places of beauty and wonder.

OCoAA

Cerber

Re: Greetings and Love

Post by Cerber »

Welcome. We've been somewhat quiet these days, apart from me and a handful of lurkers, there isn't a lot going on, but maybe life just needs time to come back. Forum had many technical difficulties for the past couple years, many downtimes, with the final one lasting quite some time. But you're more than welcome to join in keeping this place alive :D
And I'm curious about your "occult anarchism" path, care to elaborate a little more?

OCoAA
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OCoAA »

Thanks for the welcome. To elaborate a bit, I started, like most of us I guess, with just being a weird kid. Nightmares, too much imagination for teachers taste and so on. When i got to my teens I started frequenting a squat in the city who were the first to empower my look and feelings towards things. As I got to the age of 16 I started reading alchemy. Util my late twenties I studied occult philosophy. Pretty much excluding myself from anything diversive. Upon ‘reintegration’ I hit a lot of walls and finally onderstood how closely related the fight of anarchists was to the social and legal barriers I sought to destroy to attain the mental and physical space to explore infinite potential. I considered I was lucky, privileged white boy. It began to hurt me how much potential is purposely denied each day for the sad sake of more. People (intentionaliteit) drowned in sorrow to prevent blooming and dancing of souls. It saddens me a great deal, hence the motivation for occult anarchism. Thanks for creating and maintaining the forum!

OCoAA
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OCoAA »

Excuse my english, ditch autocorrect didn’t help either :)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Interesting, but I think I understand where you are coming from. At least I understand the feeling that the environment we share is not quite right, not quite fair and that it all perhaps worse than it needs to be, for great many people, and other creatures under this sun. But I, personally, am still not a huge fan of anarchy. Bad order seem to be lesser evil than completely no order at all.
Btw I'm not responsible for creation or restoration of this forum in any way. I only a regular user here who have special fondness for this place :) Enough to feel fine just hanging around all alone, reading old archives back from the days when there were hundreds or even thousands of people here daily. But it sure would be nice to see some more activity, although it's hard to compete these days with places like reddit and facebook, where people get addicted on likes and upvotes and other dopamine triggers.
English is not your native language? Where are you from? Don't need to say exactly, roughly, which continent?

OCoAA
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OCoAA »

It paints a nice picture, you ‘haunting’ an abondoned forum :) I agree on things like Facebook, not a fan never will be. As for the anarchy, I am not cinvinced that anarchy means no order. Nor would I recommend it as a ‘replacement system’ rather as a tool of/for transition. But then again who will the one to define anarchism. As they say, there are as many ‘anarchist theories’ as there are ’anarchists’. But I do believe you know what I was trying to say. My first forum experience, thanks for making it an interesting one :)

OCoAA
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OCoAA »

I’m from Belgium by the way)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Really this if your first forum experience? Like first forum ever? Internet forums where all the rave back in early 2000s, together with IRC were the main way to socialize, centuries before facebook, skype and discord. Now those things are still used only by old people, usually.
Oh Belgium, that is awesome. We definitely need every Europeans we can get :)

OCoAA
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OCoAA »

Haha :) I didn’t spend much time on the internet in the early days. Soulseek took a lot of my time, other than that I was usualy outside. Not many europeans here? There surely is no lack of european ‘esoteric movement’. I never seemed to catch the wave though... It’s a nice place, i’kl haunt it for a while to :)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

OCoAA wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:53 pm Haha :) I didn’t spend much time on the internet in the early days. Soulseek took a lot of my time, other than that I was usualy outside. Not many europeans here? There surely is no lack of european ‘esoteric movement’. I never seemed to catch the wave though... It’s a nice place, i’kl haunt it for a while to :)
There used to be a lot of people, especially from the "Island of Brittany". But then Britons decided they don't like to be part of European continent and chose to move their little island closer to America. So we can't count them as European any more, as not to cause any offence to them.

Return to “Introductions”