Hello to you all

Announce your presence, if you will.

Silsebyl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello to you all

Post by Silsebyl »

Hi folks,

it's not easy to find good magick forums nowadays. Many old boards have faded and I am glad, that borealis took care of this one. Actually I've never been a member of any international forum about magick. After some time of strolling around in German boards, I completely withdrew from the internet concerning magick subjects. I had my own good time and didn't feel any need to talk to foreign people - just my husband and me, that was enough.

Well, now I am back to the internet, wanting to breath the magick air from all over the world. [greensmile]

My magick focus is on dreams, trance, tarot, talking to magick entities ... it''s not easy to tell what I do because I don't comply with any specific theories or magickal branches - which doesn't mean that I didn't delve into a few of them in the past. [wink2]

Yeah, now I am just curious about what you are talking about here. I didn't open many threads before I registered, so let's see where this forum will lead me to ...

Silsebyl

(PS: does anyone know how you can become a member of studio arcanis? I registered there too but didn't receive any activation mail ...)

Cerber

Re: Hello to you all

Post by Cerber »

Welcome!
We are a bit on the quiet side, most of the time, with occasional activity every now and then. But I hear it's similar all across the web, when it comes to groups of occult related topics. Harry Potter few decades ago spawned a generation of wizzards-to-be, but that hype been fading for years, younglings aren't very interested in anything that does not get them rich or get them laid like yesterday, and all the grannies and grandpas with pointy hats probably found other hobbies, that perhaps are less taxing on their old bones.
Most of our residents seem to be focused on cabbalistic pathways, which is quite far away of my personal gnosis and topics of interests, yet still every now and then something interesting and enlightening sprouts in these calm waters for those that don't mind the slow lane. Patience is a virtue, especially with us :) But at least we have one of the largest, if not the largest archive of past discussions to explore, which I believe can be of great value.

p.s. sorry can't help getting on studio arcanis. I'm not a member there, but maybe somebody able and willing will drop by.

Silsebyl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Hello to you all

Post by Silsebyl »

Hi Cerber,

thx for your answer. It's true what you say, it has become quiet around occult subjects in the internet. Not only Harry Potter (I like the story ;-), but all kinds of role play spread in the internet about 10 to 15 years ago. Searching for Alchemy meant finding how to brew a power life potion in the Dungeouns of Doom of Cyriol or the like. XD

As long as the forum is not dead it's okay. Maybe I find subjects of interest in the depth of the board and I hope to talk about some interesting topics now and then. Qabbalah is nice, but to be honest I didn't delve into it very deeply until now. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to do so by reading through the threads here ... I tried to find an approach to Alchemy this year, but it's not easy. Although there is magick in it, much of it is mysticism, philosophy and religion - and chemistry of course. Somehow I got stuck at the very beginning, the philosophy, went more and more back to the roots and am now reading about creation myths in ancient Sumer, Babylon and Egypt. *lol*

Alrighty, cu around in the forum maybe :-)

Return to “Introductions”