Will it be OK for Me to Invoke Archangel Raphael?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Will it be OK for Me to Invoke Archangel Raphael?

Post by Napoli »

First of all I want to give a little background about myself. I am an ex-Muslim. I have nothing against Yahweh although I not very fond of him. I am what you may call a Deist but I practise Demonolatry as my magical path. But I have nothing against working with entities from other paths if they are interested. Currently, I am working with a fallen angel. After all this do you think it is appropriate for me to invoke Archangel Raphael? On one hand I hear that some archangels are rather objective and won't have qualms working with people like me as long as I treat them properly and respect their creator. On the other hand some stories prevent me from even thinking about working with them. But I feel rather drawn to them.

A few days back I looked at Archangel Raphael's sigil and imagined it emanating an emerald green light. Then I invoked him to come to my life if he wishes to. I have requested him to give some respite to my father who is very ill. I know it sounds foolish. I only did it for three days. I don't think I will be doing it again but I just need to know whether I will be on the safe side if I ever try to do it again the distant future.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Will it be OK for Me to Invoke Archangel Raphael?

Post by RaineAshford »

Raphael is many places simultaneously but as Raphael's subconscious, so you'd be envoking Raphael's subconscious. If it benefits Raphael(you don't have evil intents with Raphaels power) then it is acceptable.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

The archangels of the four corners - Raphael, Gabriel, Michael, and Uriel, have supposedly been assigned to aid in human evolution by means of the four elements or sectors of being that they have rule over. I think their diplomatic sense in teaching and guiding more than being particularly judgmental of one path or another I think has to do with their understanding of free will or really, generally speaking, our predominant lack thereof. They're here to cultivate, as is everything else, and whatever you've been doing before working with them and whatever you'll do after is part of what you're supposed to be doing at that given time.

In other words I'd say go for it - the worst you could do is have your own trepidations cloud the communication and it might be perhaps better to ease your way into it if you have gut-level concerns that would need to be cleared first.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cygnus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cygnus »

A few days back I looked at Archangel Raphael's sigil and imagined it emanating an emerald green light.
I'll stand to be corrected by those with greater experience, but I have always understood yellow and purple were associated with Raphael, green (and red) with Michael.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Cygnus wrote:
A few days back I looked at Archangel Raphael's sigil and imagined it emanating an emerald green light.
I'll stand to be corrected by those with greater experience, but I have always understood yellow and purple were associated with Raphael, green (and red) with Michael.
I tried yellow at first since Raphael's element is Air. But then I read on the web it is emerald green. There are so many opinions on how to work with him that one tends to get rather confused.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

You should probably look at a better source then the internet...

But emerald green is a common colour associated with raph.

Andrea del Sarto - The Archangel Raphael from 1512

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Desecrated wrote:You should probably look at a better source then the internet...

But emerald green is a common colour associated with raph.

Andrea del Sarto - The Archangel Raphael from 1512
So I should go for yellow then?
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Napoli wrote:
No, you should go to the library :D

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Desecrated wrote:
Napoli wrote:
I challenge you to find any magical books in the libraries or bookstores of my country. There are chances that you may find books on Islamic magic but that's irrelevant. [tongue]
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Napoli wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
Napoli wrote:
I challenge you to find any magical books in the libraries or bookstores of my country. There are chances that you may find books on Islamic magic but that's irrelevant. [tongue]
Can you import from stores like amazon and such?
Can you access ebooks, kindle or similar?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Yes. But I need a credit card for that. As I am a student I am not allowed to have a credit card. I can have a supplementary one in my dad's name. But he is going to freak out if his next bank statement says that I have bought a book on magic [confused] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

There should be some free pdf's online, or even online occult libraries, if you take the time to search for them.

'Sacred Texts' is a popular one.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Napoli wrote:Yes. But I need a credit card for that. As I am a student I am not allowed to have a credit card. I can have a supplementary one in my dad's name. But he is going to freak out if his next bank statement says that I have bought a book on magic [confused] .

As someone who wholeheartedly understands and knows this condition...
Quick-List of Resources for Beginners Take a look at this for online libs.
And my favorite online lib is http://bookos-z1.org/ . If a pdf version of the book exists then you can find it there.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Thanks for your help Corvidus and Rock Demon [happyface] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Return to “Angelic Arts”