Weird experience

Help,advice and discussion on Sleep Paralysis.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Gavriel

I started to lay down to sleep - and around 1 am, just before 1 am, a vibration occured. I was laying down. It was like a hum - it would go for about 3 seconds, subside, but then just start again. The more i became aware of it, the longer it lasted. When i stood up, it vanished, and i laid down again just to find the hum even longer. I sat up, and I could still hear it. So i thought if i stood up again, it might go away. so i moved down here, and as i walked it continued, but not as loud.

Now, as i sit here,I can hear the hum - it is not so much as an actual sound as a vibration without origin, coming and going like a wave.

Help?

Maybe i should stop reading Diaries of a drug fiend...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: splendorsolis

Might be some blood pressure issue.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Frater Yechidah

Could be astral projection. If it's a vibration and not a sound, that is. The chakras, etc. vibrate, particularly the heart one, when you project or begin the projection process.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Frater Manjet

"Laiad Holq Ta Napea...

I do not know if it is the same thing you describe, but I have heard - or felt is more apt - cyclical humming vibrations all my life. It comes and goes with some being louder and more appearant than others.

I have no idea what it is. A friend once suggested that I might be picking up on extra-low frequency (ELF) vibrations from government transmitters... ???

I had a link in my old computer. Maybe I can find the site again.... off to look.

VVV (2103)
... Ds Praf Piap"

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

[QUOTE=Frater Yechidah;348060]Could be astral projection. If it's a vibration and not a sound, that is. The chakras, etc. vibrate, particularly the heart one, when you project or begin the projection process.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Frater -

That is a good theory, but it is occuring right now, and i am fully awake.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: IAO131

[QUOTE=Gavriel;348007]I started to lay down to sleep - and around 1 am, just before 1 am, a vibration occured. I was laying down. It was like a hum - it would go for about 3 seconds, subside, but then just start again. The more i became aware of it, the longer it lasted. When i stood up, it vanished, and i laid down again just to find the hum even longer. I sat up, and I could still hear it. So i thought if i stood up again, it might go away. so i moved down here, and as i walked it continued, but not as loud.

Now, as i sit here,I can hear the hum - it is not so much as an actual sound as a vibration without origin, coming and going like a wave.

Help?

Maybe i should stop reading Diaries of a drug fiend...[/QUOTE]

Tinnitus?

IAO131

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

[QUOTE=IAO131;348075]Tinnitus?

IAO131[/QUOTE]

Actually, probably so.

Thanks brother.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Bluefirephoenix

Try a banishing when you hear it see what happens. If it has no effect, it maybe something with you physically.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: ooga_booga

I used to get the exact same thing when I was a kid, lying in bed at night. The only time I tend to hear stuff like that these days, I think, is if ive been taking mushrooms. Been eating many of them lately? (serious question!)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

[QUOTE=ooga_booga;348261]I used to get the exact same thing when I was a kid, lying in bed at night. The only time I tend to hear stuff like that these days, I think, is if ive been taking mushrooms. Been eating many of them lately? (serious question!)[/QUOTE]

No sir, not at all.
I used to smoke pot with ym father and drink tequila though - but i doubt that has anything to do with it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Leviathan

Aliens

Metaphysical/Telepathic Contact/Communication

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

an update -

I did an LBRP today, and the sound stopped. Like, even when laying down like normal, it was gone. I wa slaying down resting, an it was there, and no one was home, so i did a loud and very vibratory LBRP, and it amde it go away.

Where do I go from here?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Frater Yechidah

Keep doing the LBRP. At least once a day.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Hood

These vibrations are the classic sign that you have achieved the 'mind awake,body asleep' state that is necessary to practice the projection of the astral body. If this is something you wish to develop then yay! you are nine tenths of the way there. I suggest you read Robert monroe's 'the projection of the astral body' also 'Astral Dynamics' by Robert Bruce.

This could be the start of a very exciting period in your life - the exploration of the non physical realms. I feel excited for you!

Be SURE to read up about this phenomena before you begin exploring... there is far to much for me to explain here. Trot over to Amazon and buy those books, you can get them very reasonably.

Doing the LPRP before sleep will protect you from any astral flotsam and jetsam and give you the peace of mind you need to relax.

Blessings on ya head!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

[QUOTE=Hood;350384]These vibrations are the classic sign that you have achieved the 'mind awake,body asleep' state that is necessary to practice the projection of the astral body. If this is something you wish to develop then yay! you are nine tenths of the way there. I suggest you read Robert monroe's 'the projection of the astral body' also 'Astral Dynamics' by Robert Bruce.

This could be the start of a very exciting period in your life - the exploration of the non physical realms. I feel excited for you!

Be SURE to read up about this phenomena before you begin exploring... there is far to much for me to explain here. Trot over to Amazon and buy those books, you can get them very reasonably.

Doing the LBRP before sleep will protect you from any astral flotsam and jetsam and give you the peace of mind you need to relax.

Blessings on ya head![/QUOTE]
Theres only one issue - i was fully awake as iw as alying down, no sleep paralysis, etc etc...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Hood

Thats fine - not everyone experiences sleep paralysis. It can vary considerably for each individual.

I do urge you to start reading around the subject at once, If you are well prepared for this experience it can be absolutely life changing!

blessings etc.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: AstralMagickCraft

astral dynamics is on scribd several thousand times over if you want to download it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: PAA_707

[QUOTE=Hood;350388]Thats fine - not everyone experiences sleep paralysis. It can vary considerably for each individual.

I do urge you to start reading around the subject at once, If you are well prepared for this experience it can be absolutely life changing!

blessings etc.[/QUOTE]

What is your opinion on sleep paralysis? I've heard a million different stories of why it occurs. The past 3-4 years I've been gettin it like crazy. The past year it's calmed down a lot though. I guess you could say I can control it a lil bit, and I don't panic like I used to. Well maybe just a lil, haha.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Luke Saint

[QUOTE=PAA_707;350438]What is your opinion on sleep paralysis? I've heard a million different stories of why it occurs. The past 3-4 years I've been gettin it like crazy. The past year it's calmed down a lot though. I guess you could say I can control it a lil bit, and I don't panic like I used to. Well maybe just a lil, haha.[/QUOTE]

My friend/drummer used to get SP a lot. Having the TV or radio on exacerbated the situation - always. He said that after he learned about etheric (s.k.a. 'astral') projection that the phenomenon stopped having such a profound effect on him. All the sensations were the same, they were just "not important", as he said.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Bluefirephoenix

Sleep paralysis is something that happens to everyone every night they go to sleep. Generally the brain shuts down the voluntary motor functions during sleep. We're aware of it when our minds wake up but the body isn't yet turn back on so to speak. We have a few moments when we cannot use the voluntary muscles usually accompanyed by a sensation of heaviness numbness or tingling, sometimes shortness of breath. Noises are sometimes heard as the brain is pulling out of REM sleep. There are rare occurances of hallucinations as well. These last a very few moments after awakening. I would consider the possiblity of being able to see or hear spiritual realms during this time. Also the sleep paralysis stops within a few minutes of awakening and all sensation should be normal within 5 minutes of being fully awake.The issues involving sleep paralysis will continue despite banishings, though the awareness will not necessarily occur every night. If banishings affect the sensations or occurances I would be suspicious that it is more likely to be something related to spiritual activity.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: PAA_707

[QUOTE=Luke Saint;350440]My friend/drummer used to get SP a lot. Having the TV or radio on exacerbated the situation - always. He said that after he learned about etheric (s.k.a. 'astral') projection that the phenomenon stopped having such a profound effect on him. All the sensations were the same, they were just "not important", as he said.[/QUOTE]

I fall asleep pretty much every night with the TV on, hahaha. So that's gotta be a contributor. On the other hand about hearing "spirtual sounds," I can't say for certain what the hell I hear, but it ain't normal that's for sure. We'll see how things are once I develop my skills a lil bit.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Weird experience

Original post: Luke Saint

I say SP might be good practice for dealing with unnatural occurrences. I used to practice E(A)P a lot and that's where I got a lot of my practice. In fact, I once tried to cultivate SP just to see if it had any use for attaining an E(A)P. Couldn't get it though...

The sound, is it like a *whoosh whoosh* or sounds of pain and suffering? Those are some of the things that my friend used to hear.

E(A)P = etheric (astral?) projection. Whatever people call 'real' world projections these days.

Return to “Sleep Paralysis”