Seeing a "being" after I wake up from an intense dream

Help,advice and discussion on Sleep Paralysis.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: meister1984

Hi,

I dont know if this is the right place for this thread. But I just want to hear some other thought about it. All of my life I'm having strange dream experiences , false awakenings, sleep paralysis followed by obe's etc. Lately I'm having really intense dreams/nightmares, and when I wake up from such a dream there is a being in my room. I can see it, even wen I look away and look back its still there. Sometimes its a big spider, a little winged demonlike figure or a wolf. It stays for around 30 seconds then it slowely dissappears. What could this mean?

ps, sorry for my bad english I'm Dutch

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: AHiddenSaint

I have experienced a similar state and I do not know what to call it, but I know it plays a lot on fear. I know this is going to sound strange, but try not to be afraid of it . Last time I wanted to explore it and wsan't afraid it basically stopped for some reason.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Im not afraid. I know it will pass , but its just irritating me. I want to sleep at night, get rest. I dont want to be disturbed all the time.

I can only think of 1 positive experience, after I rolled out my body after sleep paralysis A human shaped light came in and dansed with me. I was filled with joy and had an afterglow after I awaked. But this is the only positive experience in my entire life... the rest is just terror and irritating stuff.

In the beginning (when I was 7 maybe) I even got screamed and kicked at during sleep paralysis. That was probably just my fears. Now im not afraid anymore but it distracts me out of reality, and it influances my mood during the day. I want it to stop. Its like im experiencing alot more at night then during the day. I think its draining me, I dont get good rest because of it. I even used a pro-drug of ghb (gbl) to supress it, and just put me into a coma like sleep at night.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: AHiddenSaint

[QUOTE=meister1984;309074]Im not afraid. I know it will pass , but its just irritating me. I want to sleep at night, get rest. I dont want to be disturbed all the time.

I can only think of 1 positive experience, after I rolled out my body after sleep paralysis A human shaped light came in and dansed with me. I was filled with joy and had an afterglow after I awaked. But this is the only positive experience in my entire life... the rest is just terror and irritating stuff.

In the beginning (when I was 7 maybe) I even got screamed and kicked at during sleep paralysis. That was probably just my fears. Now im not afraid anymore but it distracts me out of reality, and it influances my mood during the day. I want it to stop. Its like im experiencing alot more at night then during the day. I think its draining me, I dont get good rest because of it. I even used a pro-drug of ghb (gbl) to supress it, and just put me into a coma like sleep at night.[/QUOTE]

I understand I had to deal with similar. I would wake up and see things around my room. I started to experiment with it to see what I could do from it. I think that is how I turned it into a postive. I had one time where I was in bed and saw a matelic liquid metal orb type deal next to me. I had a tingling reaction as it grew in size. I then felt myself being lifted up off the bed just a little bit to feel my body not touching.

The last time it happen with a cat on my window. Then I felt pressure across my body as if one was walking on me. I am on the second floor of the house here and the window going out has no way for cats to come in. I felt pressure, I felt someone attacking, but I tried to turn it into a projection and had a interesting experience from it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Larinho

[QUOTE=meister1984;309054]Lately I'm having really intense dreams/nightmares, and when I wake up from such a dream there is a being in my room. [/QUOTE]

Do you mean you are awake after the dream or in astral projection? I assume you wake up from a dream astrally projected into your room. Tried to put the lights on? Probably they didn't work. One night I had something similar to your experience. I was dreaming, then woke up. Got out of bed and saw some strange figure standing in the corner. He was a real freak with big glasses and madness in his eyes, like he escaped some movie. I noticed the light wouldn't go on, got scared and snapped back.
Know the 'dweller on the threshold' thing, were your fears become real and manifest as a entity? When I had my first astral experiences there was one time I met a dark figure that attacked me. It was in a dark basement of some factory building. Old bricks, rotten concrete and slimy moist. At first I tried to get the better of it by struggle. Then I realised some lessen on astral projection, that told to let it get the better of you. When I gave up struggling, the fight was over. (so did the projection). Afterwards I wasn't bothered by it anymore. For a while however, every now and then something like this rehappens.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I know about the dweller on the threshold thing. But I was wide awake when I saw these thing, no false awakening, no projection. Wide awake

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I cant help thinking this being maybe "gave" me the dream

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Kath_

I found that a lot of early experiences were somewhat negative, very early were sort of terrorizing, then later on conflict oriented, but over time there were increasing numbers of more positive experiences. :)

I like it out of body more than in.

Kath

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Talus

I could give you my insight, but I don't think it would be any help to you... so um... ill just waste a spot in your thread instead. :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Centrix

Check out the more modern 'alien abduction' stories, as well as historical encounters stretching back to early human civilization.

Here is a more well-known case: http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/?id=213

Don't limit your conclusions to just spiritual/astral entities, or servitors, or aliens from outer space, or government experiments, or simple hallucination, or any other wild conclusions. Don't conclude anything at all. Keep researching and experiencing. Keep the possibilities open.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Centrix;311335]Check out the more modern 'alien abduction' stories, as well as historical encounters stretching back to early human civilization.

Here is a more well-known case: http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/?id=213

Don't limit your conclusions to just spiritual/astral entities, or servitors, or aliens from outer space, or government experiments, or simple hallucination, or any other wild conclusions. Don't conclude anything at all. Keep researching and experiencing. Keep the possibilities open.[/QUOTE]

I had these things happening to me since I was a kid. It stopped a couple of years ago. Sensations of poking, stuffing things in your anus, load buzzing and sometimes screaming while in sleep paralysis. :mad:

Dwellers of the thresshold or interdimensional sexual assaulternauts :p

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

meister1984;311815 wrote:I had these things happening to me since I was a kid. It stopped a couple of years ago. Sensations of poking, stuffing things in your anus, load buzzing and sometimes screaming while in sleep paralysis. :mad:

Dwellers of the thresshold or interdimensional sexual assaulternauts :p

Both? None? :o

Don't miss tonight's Art Bell show on Coast to Coast AM if that sort of thing interests you:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/01/03.html

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: GoBackToGo

i had a similar experience, so ill just post it here : )
quite a long time ago i was trying to get lucid dreams. so one night, after smoking some pot i was in a realy strange mood. i lay in my bed, listened to some nice music (i dont remember the band`s name, the song was called "spinnign around" or something... and it was a stoner band, if anyone can help me finding that song i would be pleased)... however when i was about to fall asleep i started hearing strange music again, though i turned off the player befor. i was in sleep paralysis and started to feel those strange vibrations i later read alot about when researching astral projection and OOB`s. the next thing i remember was having a false awake (maybe i even got some kind of OOB), seeing me laying in my bed and realising a strange dark shadow standing right next to it. i was damn fightened and woke up a few seconds later, i guess, still frightened like hell, sweat all over my body. i can tell you, i didnt sleep well the rest of that night : )

2 years later or something i read bulwer-lytton`s Zanoni. this book describes a phantom (i dont know what its called in english, im from germany), which i found quite similar to the one i found standing next to my bed, staring at me.

was i having a OOB? any thoughts on that phantom thing?

//edit: i read again through the posts and found the "dweller on the threshold" as a accurat translation for the phantom in Zanoni : )

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

That was more likely the pot influencing a nightmare. Good to be honest with the entire story though.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: GoBackToGo

well, you could be true. however, i noticed something tonight.
ok, so yesterday i decided to keep a dream-diary again (i often wanted to, never did it for a longer time). i had a night with many dreams that i could recall and woke up quite often. the first time i didnt write down the dream and forgot it (it was after max 2 hours of sleep, i know, i checked the clock). i have quite a messed up sleeping rhytm for quite a long time and though i read somewhere that the phase of sleep where you actualy dream occurs after several hours, i often found that my messed up sleeping rhytm makes me have dreams sooner.
ok, heres the interesting part: the last dream i just woke up from was strange. 2 hours befor (or so) i just wrote down 2 other dreams and then tried to induce sleep/dreaming/lucid by concentrating on the sleep paralysis. i fell asleep and had a dream and after that one the scenery changed, not much related to the dream, and i was showering. out of a sudden i felt paralysed, couldnt move, could speak. i woke up shortly after that, once again it was quite frightening. i then remembered that same paralysis happened often befor to me, it was present in the dream about that phantom near my bed and it was often present, when i was near a state of lucidity or even when i was lucid (for a short time, never had whole dreams that were lucid). even when not trying to concentrate on the sleep paralysis befor falling asleep this state of not being able to move occures to me, but always with this subtly thought somewhere in my head that i might be dreaming. i want to add that this only seems to occur when im trying to get lucid dreams. so im thinking there must be a connection between this frightening feeling of paralysis and the dweller of the thresshold. somehow my fear seems to keep me from entering states of lucid dreaming (or everything beyond like OOB`s astral ect) or makes me wake up fast. is there anything i could try to do against it? besides a psychoanalysis i mean : )

ps: sorry for my english, im from germany.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Well about my topic: Could it be astrall sight? because always when I see something like this it happends when I awake very abruptly from a dream.

And recently I fell asleep on the couch, and had the same experience...I awoke abruptly and looked at my mother.. I saw beams of yellow light shooting out of her

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Pheathers

I use to have sleep paralysis (aka Hag attacks) all the time. I started doing the lbrp and they stopped and never came back, but weird stuff does still occur from time to time. For example, about two years ago as I was sleeping, I felt a strong presence at my bed. Before I could open my eyes, I instinctively kicked where I thought its head was. I opened my eyes to see a black humanoid shape standing there and I watched it fade into nothing. I didn't feel afraid until several minutes afterwards, wondering what it was and if it was dangerous somehow.

Maybe try sleeping with your head and feet at the opposite ends of the bed than you normally do (for some reason, I have this crazy idea it might help).
Or perhaps, learn to do some sort of banishing, like the lbrp (if these experiences bother you that is).

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Kath_

[QUOTE=Centrix;311335]
Don't limit your conclusions to just spiritual/astral entities, or servitors, or aliens from outer space, or government experiments, or simple hallucination, or any other wild conclusions. Don't conclude anything at all. Keep researching and experiencing. Keep the possibilities open.[/QUOTE]
just cuz it was really well put, and better than i could say it, and its worth repeating :)

Return to “Sleep Paralysis”