Astral Projecting while sick

Help,advice and discussion on Sleep Paralysis.

dreamshards8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dreamshards8 »

For over a month now i have been very sick with an infectiousness disease. I have been on many antibiotics but what the doctors say is that i might have an auto immune disease- where my body can not tell the difference between good and bad bacteria and will attack everything. I have not been doing much energy work because i have been told many times in the past years not too while my body is healing, but i think my problem can be found somewhere deeper-like in my chakras. Does anyone believe that projecting might actually help me heal myself by being able to work on my astral body our should i just not try at all till i am completely over this?

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Pyarun »

Projection, and magic in general, can most definitely help you. Also whoever it was that told you that you shouldnt do magic while you're sick is a hack.

dreamshards8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dreamshards8 »

Yes i wasn't very clear why i could not do magick but i don't think i would want to project energy out, such as performing a spell, while i have such low energy. It makes sense to help the healing process while sick though.

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Pyarun »

dreamshards8 wrote:It makes sense to help the healing process while sick though.
My thoughts exactly.

Philoneus Bosch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Philoneus Bosch »

There IS a case for not attempting magic while you are unwell, but it really does depend on the sort of magic you are undertaking because in some cases the illness may in fact help you to astrally project, after all, you are already in a liminal state of mind whilst fevered and/or in a state of borderline consciousness.
The case against argues that because we are physically weakened through illness then that weakness is either relayed back to the aura or it originates in the aura itself, may be the symptom of some greater malaise (either spiritual such as a psychic attack) or physical (the aura reflects your general health as well as displaying information about your emotional state and hit points etc).Their argument is simple risk aversion.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

In my opinion, if you can do it, it is fair game and magick tend to raise your energies and will therefore help you recover from illness. Especially Energy work can be useful here. However do not tire yourself out to much as that can weaken you, and if you are weak allot of things which require you to be at your peak will not work, but if you are up to it feel free to work any kind of magick just remember to take it easy and listen to your body and your mind, if they are telling you to rest, then rest and you will be fine. I hope you get well soon.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I will not be energetically active while ill,magickally speaking,but projection is another matter.

Shaman sickness manifests itself in strange ways and it is through such strange malaises that many Shamanic workers first discover their innate projection/bilocation abilities.Auto-immune disorders may indeed be a common type of 'Shamanic sickness',but as I can't back that with certainty/statistics it will have to remain a 'may indeed be' for now.Many folk I 've interacted with online in Pagan/Occult forums etc.over the years do seem to have a higher proportion than average of such disorders and related illness,than is seen in the general population around them. [gen pop :as in non magickal practitioners]

I have an inherited metabolic disorder of the blood.I find this restrictive in some ways,but it sure makes some abilities fly and then some!I have learned how to make my condition work for me,instead of against me.I'd say more on that in greater detail,but this is not a story about me.

I recommend you learn all you can about your illness,dreamshards8.Experiment,gently,with what you can do.feel your way around it.

Are you being checked for ME/Fibromyalgia? Curious.

I 'll talk a little more about my methods and medical condition in case it's helpful,for instance:

I must eat regularly,so fasting is out the window for me.
I over produce/underproduce hormones at various cyclical points,so sometimes I'm energised to yin yang and don't sleep for days,I do a lot of energy working at this time.
When I'm under,I do most of my bilocation and astral type work,as psychic flow increases exponentially when physical energy flow decreases,in my case anyway, but individual mileage will vary,depending on illness type and underlying abilities,this is a case of 'know thyself'.

Sometimes I am the eye of the storm,other times I am the storm itself.

I too hope you are better soon.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Philoneus Bosch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Philoneus Bosch »

I agree wholeheartedly with you Nahemah. If I'd had more time when I was composing my last post I would have touched upon some of the points that you made. In many cultures shamanic journeys take place during sickness or in a state of near death, even if that sickness has to be chemically induced. I have found that at times of prolonged or severe illness I can barely stop myself from projecting, it can be a real struggle.I think that the astral body sometimes tries to break free of the physical during illness and if you are confident in your own abilities, maybe you should go with it. However, I would still advise against undertaking more structured ritual work in this state due to the 'openness' of the body.

dreamshards8
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dreamshards8 »

Thank you so much for the advice and for the good wishes. I am slowly doing better and now the doctors are telling me that with time my body will slowly go back to normal. Lets hope so. I strange occurrence happened to me a few days ago. I was only trying to take a nap, and was very dizzy and week what i think was from the medications. I tried to sleep but instead just layed there, paralyzed for hours. It almost felt like i was sleeping but another part of me felt awake. When i tried rolling over as if to separate from my body my physical body just moved (with much hesitation). I did not wish to project at the time anyways, but i see how being ill can make it hard for your astral to stay in your physical.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

If you really don't feel like going with the projection,try getting one hand and laying it upon your forehead above the bridge of your nose.
This cuts out light to the 'third eye'.It also shifts your focus back onto a physical awareness again.I found it helps me anchor in my body/get to sleep.

You could also play some soft relaxing music in the room as you lie in bed,that can relax the mind and again,function as a focus anchor for you.

My hubby did the hand thing for me,one night when I'd 'gone out and come back in out of synch' [classic sleep paralysis Hypnopompic style,followed by screaming out loud then shooting upright in bed,mumbling nonsense,some of it in Latin:brainjam rather than any spookiness,I learned Latin at school,I only say mottoes and decline verbs repeatedly...Yep,I'm so cool to have to sleep besides sometimes...lol]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Sleep paralysis is not uncommon. When we sleep our brains disconnect movements to our bodies so we will not move around and harm ourself while dreaming. Sleepwalking is one way where this can go wrong, the body remains active during sleep, sleep paralysis is another where the mind is awake but the body is disconnected, it typically occurs right after sleep or when one is slumbering between sleep and awake state. It can be very uncomfortable and disconcerting. However it is also true that many who do out of body experiences describe going into sleep paralysis before leaving their bodies. It is a very Spiritual state between awake and sleep, and it has great potential if one can harness it.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

antsubut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by antsubut »

I suffered sleep paralysis and near dead experience for so long. During internet research on sleep paralysis i discovered that AP can be achieved easily without much physical effort. But each time i wanted to project, there was a kind of noise that scares me. After lot of futile effort, resorted to remote viewing, mental projection, lucid dreaming, name it...
Few months later, my doc said i was having bi-polar disorder and prescribed peroxetin for me which i later discovered was anti-depressant. And that was the end of my psychic abilities. PLS HELP ME.
"It is all in your head, you have no idea how big your head is!... Gods, archangels, angels, spirits, intelligences, and
demons are personifications of all our abilities and potential abilities-
a wondrous hierarchy of consciousness that represents the subdivisions
of our own soul."

Return to “Sleep Paralysis”