No nightmares ever but can't remember anything?

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

No nightmares ever but can't remember anything?

Post by Liberator »

Nightmares are extremely rare for me in most cases. But at the same time I cannot remember either my dreams or nightmares, what do you think is the meaning of this? Most nightmares I've ever had are/were pretty "down to earth" in nature. Any idea what this could mean? At the same time I have had trouble trying to practice astral projection when following the steps.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: No nightmares ever but can't remember anything?

Post by EternalReturn »

You are not aware of your dreams. I have similar problem and solved it by little effort:

1. I sincerely stated within myself that I want to dream. In other words, stated an intent.
2. Also I intended to remember the dream for as long as possible after waking.
3. Started writing them down.

My dreams are really frequent now.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

As they said, start a journal, set aside time to immediately write down your dreams soon as you wake up. Additionally I'll try something later to try to help out, let me know if that helps (even before you write them down). I suspect its harder to recall dreams if you are too far into your "conscious awake state", to remember them you have to lax your "grounding" in physical reality. The side affect will be that you might day dream and mentally wander more.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

Have you tried taking supplements of Vit B6 (pyridoxine) or its activated form P5P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)? It's believed that Vitamin B6 converts the amino acid tryptophan into serotonin, which wakes up the brain during REM sleep, and helps the mind both enhance and take stock of what it's seeing. One symptom of deficiency (and many of us in the Western world are depleted) is poor or no dream recall.

Supplementing with B6 has long been advocated to promote lucid dreaming and there has been one small-scale scientific study about its effect on dream recall:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11883552

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

If you want to seriously work with your dreams I recommend reading The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal, Mark Dahlby.
I easily can remember my dreams now as I practiced it for a very little while. Even if you don't intend on practicing it just read the theory part of the book. It will answer to your questions posted here.
But in general to recall your dreams you can do what EternalReturn suggested. It is completely enough I think. There should be a thread around here -"Dream Recall 101" (if I recall it's name correctly). You can get a few more details from it.

EDIT:
Here it is Dream Recall 101

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

I forgot to mention, is this normal or just me? With me everytime I fall asleep I forgot everything and when I wake up any emotions I might have had previous day are not present. Everytime I wake up its like for some reason I "Reset" emotionally and in thoughts, which also makes it easy for me to procrastinate if I have stuff to do.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Our dreams affect us in many different ways. So it is completely normal.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Liberator wrote:I forgot to mention, is this normal or just me? With me everytime I fall asleep I forgot everything and when I wake up any emotions I might have had previous day are not present. Everytime I wake up its like for some reason I "Reset" emotionally and in thoughts, which also makes it easy for me to procrastinate if I have stuff to do.
Many people don't recall their dreams, so it is normal. However, if you want to remember them more there are ways, such as dream journaling (what psychologist use to help people with their dreams), and other methods from places like here, but that's more about unlocking your dreams to reach outside your own mind (traveling elsewhere, seeing other people and beings).

Has there been any change for you?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Stukov wrote:
Liberator wrote:I forgot to mention, is this normal or just me? With me everytime I fall asleep I forgot everything and when I wake up any emotions I might have had previous day are not present. Everytime I wake up its like for some reason I "Reset" emotionally and in thoughts, which also makes it easy for me to procrastinate if I have stuff to do.
Many people don't recall their dreams, so it is normal. However, if you want to remember them more there are ways, such as dream journaling (what psychologist use to help people with their dreams), and other methods from places like here, but that's more about unlocking your dreams to reach outside your own mind (traveling elsewhere, seeing other people and beings).

Has there been any change for you?
I did notice I am better at remembering when everytime before I fall asleep I remind myself within to "be aware" of any dreams.

Return to “Dreams and The Unconscious”