A dream... a temple... TIAMAT...

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

A dream... a temple... TIAMAT...

Post by AbraxianChaos »

I have been keeping a regular paper dream journal for about a week now. Just having it by the bed has encouraged me to keep better track of my dreams, in hopes that I can gather something from them, and hopefully use them lucidly to further my magickal aims and goals. In fact keeping it at all has helped me at least hold on to the skeletons of some dreams that might have just evaporated. I've decided that, for the most part at least, dream journal material can be kept separate from magickal journal, but I feel that this particular dream deserves some reflection in the regular journal... and I thought I would mention it here to see if anyone has any thoughts about it.

This one came at the earliest dream cycle. I remember it taking a VERY long time to fall asleep, so when I finally realized I was dreaming at the end, I was pleased that I had finally been able to fall asleep. Perhaps that is a weird thought to have, but I was tired, and I was struggling.

The dream in question here appeared to me to be instructions on how to set up a temple for info or evocation of a specific deity. I was shown a room painted completely black. Flat black, I assume, since the walls absorbed most of the light from the candles placed therein. The walls were black, the floor was black, the ceiling was black; total blackout. In the center of the room, close to the far wall (no cardinal directions were given here) was a long flat altar on which stood a black box covered in a blood red cloth. I got the feeling that there was something inside the box, but I was not shown its contents. The box itself was surrounded by red and black candles in an alternating pattern, but I saw no other light source.

I was shown several different views of the temple, mostly from above, but it appeared to be in a cave or other rough stone structure. This was evidenced by the rough texture of the flat black walls.

As the dream was coming to a close and the temple fading completely to black, I started to feel a little bit of confusion and I started to become lucid. I obviously wanted to know more, but the dream was fading and I had no hold on it. Into my subconcious I shouted "what is this for?" As the dream went completely blank and I exited the dream cycle for a state of light sleep, I heard an audible whisper directly in my ear complete with warm breath... "TIAMAT."

At the time I was not completely unaware of Tiamat (but not totally informed either). As soon as I woke up in the morning I looked Tiamat up. This resonated with me for some reason:

"According to some analyses there are two parts to the Tiamat myth, the first in which Tiamat is creator goddess, through a "sacred marriage" between salt and fresh water, peacefully creating the cosmos through successive generations. In the second "Chaoskampf" Tiamat is considered the monstrous embodiment of primordial chaos."

So... there is that. I plan to meditate on this idea a bit and do some further research into Tiamat. I doubt Tiamat is a deity that most would be jumping to work with, but it was weird that of all the gods and creatures known to man... Tiamat?

Any thoughts?
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Cerber

Re: A dream... a temple... TIAMAT...

Post by Cerber »

Very intriguing. If I were you, I'd proceed further with it. Somehow, even if no idea how or what. But just by taking a step, by trying to reach out you can attract some attention, and be rewarded with extra instructions, at least according to kemetic philosophy

Return to “Dreams and The Unconscious”