Could I predict and prevent ?

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Could I predict and prevent ?

Post by शक्ति »

Today I suddenly opened my notebook, where I used to write my dreams. There were few dreams describing how my ex. boyfriend /we separated recently/ was cheating on me. It seems my unconsciousness was alert at that time... I felt shocked... I remembered how I was suffering in reality after those dreams. I am scared to continue to write them, though I know I should. That's one of the best ways to connect with unconsciousness.
And I wonder could I predict and prevent what happened relying on my dreams which were trying to awaken me, to show me the danger ? Is it possible to prevent something in reality relying on dreams? Or am I just a passive observer who should run, walk after my unconsciousness?

Cerber

Re: Could I predict and prevent ?

Post by Cerber »

I do that sometimes

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Cerber wrote:I do that sometimes
Cerber, how exactly ?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

My dreams sometimes come in series of symbols that if I'm able to decrypt in time I can make choice based when I'm presented with one. Sometimes I choose to avoid something just because of something I saw in my dreams but I might never know where would I be if I'd actually ignored it and chose differently etc

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Decryption or decoding of the dreams and symbols is the hardest part :)) Mostly I have met people who guess and interpret their and others dreams the way they want through their subjective perceptions. By the way among them are also those who have read books on psychology of dreaming.
Symbols in dreams need to be carefully examined /I thought about Yung's archetypes / for that having them written is the best way. I think one needs to write them for years, and after few /3-4 / years can decode the symbols. I mean it will require long time.
How do you decode your dreams or symbols in your dreams, Cerber?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I think you get symbols of meaning and your mind tries to visualize those meaning with the closest approximation it has. So after I just spin that "abstract story" in the "centrifuge of the mind" so the deep and heavy elements would settle down and the rest just "scoop it out", sort of. Different things might symbolise slightly different meanings for different people. You kinda have to focus on what this or that element, a detail means and symbolises to YOU, I believe.

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Cerber, can't agree with that "YOU" part, will think more and dig more on objective interpretation of symbols. Anyway thank you for this answer.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

शक्ति wrote:Cerber, can't agree with that "YOU" part, will think more and dig more on objective interpretation of symbols. Anyway thank you for this answer.
For example, if I had a dream of me and my wife in bed (with clothes, nothing sexual) while some black guy sitting on the chair right beside our bed, looking at us and smiling. Now tell me what would be objective interpretation of "black guy" symbol?

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

I need time to think about that ... I believe it is not that easy. However, my first guess, is that the black man may be you, your animus. Depending on how you feel about the black color, it may be some dark sides of you, that you put on a pedestal /the chair/ for yourself, but are scared to talk about them with your wife, thus it is far from your bad /again depending on how far it is/.
Also have a look on the attachment, so your approach is close to Jung's. I marked that part for you. I will pm you about my dreams and interpretation.
Attachments
Screenshot (34).png

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

:)
very interesting attempt. But the truth was much simpler. It only indicated that there was a Man dangerously close to my personal private intimate space, whose main distinguishing feature was dark skin.
It was my wife's fitness trainer [rofl] she was already beginning to lie to me about where she is going, whose classes she is attending this or that day etc and he was taking her back home with his car and stopping couple blocks away from home.
Some things, some details you can generalize, while there are some others that might be very personal, very dependant to your surroundings at that time and place, sort of. I believe.

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

[eg] You ruined me :D ... I went further, thought that most probably the wife in the dream represents your anima, and there was a talk to take place between your animus and anima. Think about that, what if knowing that the fitness trainer was a potential danger, you projected yourself on him, you wanted to be instead of him /that's your animus/, and as long as your efforts were directed toward your masculine side, your anima was under some pressure and wanted to be set free. But as long as you needed strength /you felt danger and wanted to seem huge and attractive again/ so you were keeping your anima down compared to your animus /anima on the bed, animus higher on the chair/.
Yes sometimes it is very simple, but not always. Actually it depends on which level you interpret your dreams, on the level of Malkuth, you can interpret it as simple as possible. On higher levels everything becomes one, and in dreams everything and everyone may represent the very self of the dreamer.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

[grin] I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just never worked for me. Whenever I go too deep I just confuse my self and lose the plot and end up with nothing. On the other had, you would assume that whoever is sending those messages would be very motivated to keep it as simple as possible to keep probability of you decrypting it as high as spiritually possible. I believe so. Because otherwise why bother, I'm sure it cost energy and nothing should be wasted in this universe.

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Liked this last point ... I'll quote "I'm sure it cost energy and nothing should be wasted in this universe." This sentence is a precious stone!! :)

Return to “Dreams and The Unconscious”