Magic number 11

Cerber

Re: Magic number 11

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:15 pm If you want to continue to grow. Love the experience of learning new things more than the experience of knowing things. And allow the knowing of things to be the byproduct, not the goal itself. And always remember that no matter how much you know, in an infinite universe, it's an infinitesimally small proportion of all there is to know.
Not being able to ever say "I know this or that", is only uncomfortable at first, we can get used to that feeling of "I have no idea where I am, what I am, where I'm going" surprisingly fast. I believe the world would be very different place if we all could learn to let go of that need to know. Although I certainly don't know if it would be better or a worse place to live, but I'm sure it would be place I'd like to experience.
Yet when you "don't know anything" it can be very hard to find like-minded people. There are many knowledgeable people willing to share and exchange knowledge, not so many clueless but experienced ones willing to share, exchange, trade their experience, very surprisingly.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 pm stuff
Well, I was kinda leaning on Socrates' "If I am wise, it is in knowing that I know nothing".
but i mean, ok, so maybe I can't ABSOLUTELY prove anything beyond descartes' "cognito ergo sum"... but
For all intents and purposes, we can know things, we can know a bunch of things. I'm more just saying, there's more continued learning in focusing on what you don't know, than focusing on what you already know. (although one can inform the other, assuming you actually know what you think you know hehe)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 pm
Cerber wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 pm stuff
Well, I was kinda leaning on Socrates' "If I am wise, it is in knowing that I know nothing".
but i mean, ok, so maybe I can't ABSOLUTELY prove anything beyond descartes' "cognito ergo sum"... but
For all intents and purposes, we can know things, we can know a bunch of things. I'm more just saying, there's more continued learning in focusing on what you don't know, than focusing on what you already know. (although one can inform the other, assuming you actually know what you think you know hehe)
I was just emphasizing the experiencing over learning, because the more I experience the less I know, and learning supposed to increase knowledge, but it don't seem to do so, more like the opposite. Which in turn imply natural conclusion - experience does not lead to "learning", at least not mine, or perhaps I'm just confused beyond fixing. Which is which, I couldn't possibly know for sure.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Many years ago I moved from science to economics. Each day, ordinary situations would arise and I would be about to act when I would pause to consider on what beliefs I was acting. I was astounded at how stupid were the beliefs with which I had been brought up.

I had a sensation of falling, nothing I believed made sense. After about 9 months my situation stablized for a few years - until I took up meditation and the process started again but in less severe form.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Overanalysing things, even our own feelings, thoughts, ideas and believes can break things.
I find it to be better to just go with the flow.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:14 am Many years ago I moved from science to economics. Each day, ordinary situations would arise and I would be about to act when I would pause to consider on what beliefs I was acting. I was astounded at how stupid were the beliefs with which I had been brought up.

I had a sensation of falling, nothing I believed made sense. After about 9 months my situation stablized for a few years - until I took up meditation and the process started again but in less severe form.
I had a falling out with my paradigm in 2001.
I didn't so much find it disorienting though, I found it invigorating. like shedding a multitude of heavy weights
I scrubbed the blackboard clean, and then even sanded it down to make sure it was totally bare, I even banished concepts of the size and shape of the blackboard, and then just started over
I guess the sensation of falling, and of flying, is pretty similar, I may just have been in more dire need of the change so it felt more like flying.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:50 am Overanalysing things, even our own feelings, thoughts, ideas and believes can break things.
I find it to be better to just go with the flow.
I over-analyze the living F out of things (not that I think there is such a thing as "over" analyzing)
and I also go with the flow
at the same time
no harsh definitive line between 'learning' and 'experiencing'
i get that it's kinda a right brain/left brain dichotomy, but i've never felt like the two were at odds really. I flit back & forth between them or cohabitate them simultaneously, not so much as a thing to try to do, but as a default operating mode.
I feel like each informs and expands upon the other.

although, I get that if you for example want to learn to do something very very complex, with rapid reaction times, you'll need to melt down all you've learned into a sort of instinctual 'feel' for the subject, so that you're not paralyzed with the sheer volume of potential analytical threads you could examine in a quick moment.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

I have strong tendencies for obsessive behaviours, to a point of "self harm", direct and/or indirect. I try to avoid getting stuck in some never-ending mind loops as much as I can. Luckily I sometimes get smacked my ass out of those by some other people, when I fail to recognize my self that I'm again spiralling out of control and out of sanity.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Kath wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:00 pm although, I get that if you for example want to learn to do something very very complex, with rapid reaction times, you'll need to melt down all you've learned into a sort of instinctual 'feel' for the subject, so that you're not paralyzed with the sheer volume of potential analytical threads you could examine in a quick moment.
just wanted to expand on this slightly, it's like mushin, or hand eye coordination. You can't say "oh someone threw a ball at me, where is it going? can i catch it? will it break a lamp? will it hit me? how fast is it going? are my hands in the right spot to catch it?" etc. I mean, the ball is arriving in a split second REACT NOW! so you eschew abstracting and just kind of run on raw thought and action. In the extreme this can feel like things unfolding in slow motion, but you can't navigate it with an internal dialogue, you have to be in a more primal flow-induced place.

But even within such a raw and flowing state of mind, you can touch on shorthand for very detailed abstract thought, and weave it into what you are doing. Moreso if you are practiced in handling abstract or complex ideas in the format of raw thought, above the internal dialogue.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

There are some trillions of intelligences in the human system - just keeping the physical-etheric body running. And there are many more intelligences running the emotional and mental systems - progressively coming under control of the witnesser.

The more refined of these intelligences can do much in parallel. As a trivial example, just when walking out the door remembering to take the list.

What is possible when intelligences bridge parallel existences?

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I focus a lot on expanding upon multitasking ability, and integrating ever more of the mind into the conscious realm. does kinda change the shape of consciousness a bit though. whether that sounds scary or exciting, or both.

Davinci used to write forwards and backwards in mirror image with his left and right hand. I think he was training himself how to more rapidly write in a mirror image script. But it's good practice for multitasking. maybe would be better to try to write two completely different sentences at once though. Would be quite a challenge.
Amor wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:11 am What is possible when intelligences bridge parallel existences?
One time I tried to create a connection with all past lives, at once. Like a big internet. I had in my head this idea of making a kind of round table of selves. It was one of those experiments which went "boom" though. felt like I stuck a fork in a toaster.
Someone out there is probably mortified at the idea of trying something which could go boom. And technically it was a failure. But i'm always kinda delighted to just handle something which has an actual strong impact, even if it's not exactly working as intended. That it went boom at all at least meant that something I did was plugged into something significant, in some way.

I was inspired though by the one connection with the one apparent past life. I tried it shortly after that dream, so probably around 2005 or 6.
I should try that again.

um, that question kinda touches on the higher self too, I think.
HGA, the tantric hero(heroine), magnum opus, realizing the non-finite self, etc.

Or even if you're having a deja vu and you realize that you're going to have coffee spilled on your white jeans any second, and you instead get up and stand to the side, but there's kinda still a you who knows exactly what the coffee stain would look like if you didn't change direction through the probability field, is that a parallel universe self? are you then yourself a parallel universe self who remembers a coffee stain which doesn't exist in this universe?

that's a really neat question. so many ways to think about it.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Kath wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 pm
One time I tried to create a connection with all past lives,.. went "boom" though. felt like I stuck a fork in a toaster.
The thought appears that some lives are experiments that are deliberately isolated from other lives - not to be short-circuited.

What is possible when intelligences bridge parallel existence...

The thought just appeared.

My thought: If existences are run in parallel then there must/ought be an intelligence that is coordinating for some purpose.

And I can see "him" looking at me and nodding. I must make the relationship more conscious - get some input into the planning

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

I had a friend - a genuine/inner third degree initiate (first stage enlightenment).

He made two comments that I think were connected:

- for the first time he could see more clearly with eyes closed than open
- he instantly acquired some skills at the level that he had had them in past lives

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 pm One time I tried to create a connection with all past lives, at once. Like a big internet. I had in my head this idea of making a kind of round table of selves. It was one of those experiments which went "boom" though. felt like I stuck a fork in a toaster.
Someone out there is probably mortified at the idea of trying something which could go boom. And technically it was a failure. But i'm always kinda delighted to just handle something which has an actual strong impact, even if it's not exactly working as intended. That it went boom at all at least meant that something I did was plugged into something significant, in some way.

I was inspired though by the one connection with the one apparent past life. I tried it shortly after that dream, so probably around 2005 or 6.
I should try that again.

um, that question kinda touches on the higher self too, I think.
HGA, the tantric hero(heroine), magnum opus, realizing the non-finite self, etc.

Or even if you're having a deja vu and you realize that you're going to have coffee spilled on your white jeans any second, and you instead get up and stand to the side, but there's kinda still a you who knows exactly what the coffee stain would look like if you didn't change direction through the probability field, is that a parallel universe self? are you then yourself a parallel universe self who remembers a coffee stain which doesn't exist in this universe?

That sounds like a good way to fragment my self even more. I used to have way too many arguments with other people over things I could swear they did or said, while they could swear the exact opposite. Which definitely doesn't help with keeping up my public image of a perfectly sane person.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:57 am
Kath wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 pm
One time I tried to create a connection with all past lives,.. went "boom" though. felt like I stuck a fork in a toaster.
The thought appears that some lives are experiments that are deliberately isolated from other lives - not to be short-circuited.

interesting notion.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:43 pm That sounds like a good way to fragment my self even more. I used to have way too many arguments with other people over things I could swear they did or said, while they could swear the exact opposite. Which definitely doesn't help with keeping up my public image of a perfectly sane person.
I'm quasi-didactic with memory. Don't read too much into that. There's a LOT I don't remember, even some things I meant to remember and totally failed to do so. I can be fairly forgetful even. But when i do remember, it's usually didactic in detail. So I'm always pretty sure of what was said, if I AM remembering it that is.

I'd more view it as UN-fragmenting.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:07 pm I'm quasi-didactic with memory. Don't read too much into that.
hmmkay..
PSSSSSSST.. I don't know what that "quasi-something" means.. English is only my second or third, maybe even fourth language...

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

eh, technically quasi means seeming like something, but not really being that something. or something being partly true, but maybe not entirely.

didactic memory is supposed to be perfect recall or photographic memory.

some memories I have are photographic and super detailed. others aren't. some things I fail to remember entirely hehe.
but when i do remember something very clearly, it's super clear! :P hehe, maybe that's a silly thing to say hehe.

I used to study for smaller quizzes in school by just memorizing the related notes. Not so much rehearsing them, but memorizing how the notes look. You have to move your eyes across all the words though, because your vision is actually only sharp in the area around where you're focusing. But I was not so much reading them as looking at them and memorizing the look. Of course I've forgotten all of them now hehe. But it worked well for 24 hours to do a quiz.

I guess what I mean is, one conversation i won't remember at all. But another, i might remember every finite detail down to the weather and what people were wearing, etc. and I could call out any mis-quotes, even minor ones. I think most people have that with 'some' memories. Especially movie quotes... funny how you can forget entirely that someone asked you to pick up some milk on the way home. but you can immediately tell if someone even slightly misquotes your favorite movie ;)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:36 pm eh, technically quasi means seeming like something, but not really being that something. or something being partly true, but maybe not entirely.

didactic memory is supposed to be perfect recall or photographic memory.

some memories I have are photographic and super detailed. others aren't. some things I fail to remember entirely hehe.
but when i do remember something very clearly, it's super clear! :P hehe, maybe that's a silly thing to say hehe.

I used to study for smaller quizzes in school by just memorizing the related notes. Not so much rehearsing them, but memorizing how the notes look. You have to move your eyes across all the words though, because your vision is actually only sharp in the area around where you're focusing. But I was not so much reading them as looking at them and memorizing the look. Of course I've forgotten all of them now hehe. But it worked well for 24 hours to do a quiz.

I guess what I mean is, one conversation i won't remember at all. But another, i might remember every finite detail down to the weather and what people were wearing, etc. and I could call out any mis-quotes, even minor ones. I think most people have that with 'some' memories. Especially movie quotes... funny how you can forget entirely that someone asked you to pick up some milk on the way home. but you can immediately tell if someone even slightly misquotes your favorite movie ;)
Aaaah thank you :)
I used to have fairly decent memory, I think, can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly sure I did. Maybe not exactly photographic. I remember I could even visualize anything I wanted, to minute details, clearly and clearly see it with eyes closed. But my memories did get sometimes confused, "real" and "dreams", on occasions I could not tell with certainty, if some memory block that just surfaced was from the "real" reality, or some dream i had days ago, if there were no clear indicators within that memory which would tell me which is which.
But now, either due to my age or my long years of self poisoning (probably both) my head is in constant thick fog.
But couple years back, I discovered there is a way to recall some memory. Using my same meditative practice, just now focused more inwards rather than outwards, if I have anything at all to grab on to, some feeling or something.
Once some picture on my daughters picture book reminded me of something, like a dejavu feeling, but I couldn't remember what, there was nothing in my mind at all just that faint feeling of familiarity. So I sat there for good 20 minutes, just staring at it with my mind completely black, and completely focused on that faint feeling, and not even half hour later, the memory slowly emerged from the fog. It was just some random dream I had night before. Now can't even remember what about. But the point is, there seem to be some hacks to recall lost memories.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 am I used to have fairly decent memory, I think, can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly sure I did.
They say memory is the first thing to go. I forget what the second thing is though :P
But now, either due to my age or my long years of self poisoning (probably both) my head is in constant thick fog.
drink to have fun, not to be sick ;)
(tricky if you lose count though, i know hehe)
But couple years back, I discovered there is a way to recall some memory. Using my same meditative practice, just now focused more inwards rather than outwards, if I have anything at all to grab on to, some feeling or something.
Once some picture on my daughters picture book reminded me of something, like a dejavu feeling, but I couldn't remember what, there was nothing in my mind at all just that faint feeling of familiarity. So I sat there for good 20 minutes, just staring at it with my mind completely black, and completely focused on that faint feeling, and not even half hour later, the memory slowly emerged from the fog. It was just some random dream I had night before. Now can't even remember what about. But the point is, there seem to be some hacks to recall lost memories.
I have some memories which awaken at the strangest times. Often from a scent, or a sound. the most prominent memories I have are all of moments when I was filled with a complete feeling of delight or childlike wonder. Its akin to the feeling of being in love, but beyond the reach of grim reality souring it. I'd almost ascribe to it a sort of joyous harmony with the universe. Almost a sort of metaphysical delight, like the ecstasy of a saint or something.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:58 pm drink to have fun, not to be sick ;)
(tricky if you lose count though, i know hehe)

I have some memories which awaken at the strangest times. Often from a scent, or a sound. the most prominent memories I have are all of moments when I was filled with a complete feeling of delight or childlike wonder. Its akin to the feeling of being in love, but beyond the reach of grim reality souring it. I'd almost ascribe to it a sort of joyous harmony with the universe. Almost a sort of metaphysical delight, like the ecstasy of a saint or something.
I don't drink, nicotine is my only poison :)

I think of all senses, sense of smell often have the strongest effect, maybe because sense of smell is the oldest sense we have, and so the closest to the core of our being, spirit. And even when it comes to recognizing people and places, navigating, getting around in AP, some people use term "energy", "feeling the energies" and stuff, but for me it's always closer to smell than anything else. Every spirits, every entity, every world and reality simply has it's own distinctive scent. And many stories and myths have curious scents weaved in between those black letters on the paper.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

nicotine itself is only very slightly poisonous. it's just that it's highly addictive, and there are other chemicals, far more poisonous, inherent to the most popular delivery systems.

cotton candy is always a mirthful smell.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:25 pm nicotine itself is only very slightly poisonous. it's just that it's highly addictive, and there are other chemicals, far more poisonous, inherent to the most popular delivery systems.

cotton candy is always a mirthful smell.
I don't remember ever having cotton candy

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:52 pm I don't remember ever having cotton candy
it's just air with strands of flavored sugar which shrink into something sweet on the moisture of the tongue. Kind of a novel sensation, but not a flavor worth writing home about.

I just associate the smell of cotton candy, funnel cakes, beer, and smoked sausages, with 'fun'.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 am
Cerber wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:52 pm I don't remember ever having cotton candy
it's just air with strands of flavored sugar which shrink into something sweet on the moisture of the tongue. Kind of a novel sensation, but not a flavor worth writing home about.

I just associate the smell of cotton candy, funnel cakes, beer, and smoked sausages, with 'fun'.
Oh I didn't get the reference. Next time you should use whiskey, that does associate with fun for me. My relationship with food is much more transactional, professional, business-like, there is no fun. Consumption of dead matter or it's by-product and derivatives - only necessary nuisance. I always struggled to relate to other people experiencing fun and joy, even some deep satisfaction and pleasure while eating.

Return to “Dreams and The Unconscious”