What is a Fetch?

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

What is a Fetch?

Post by Occultess »

Could somebody please explain to me what a Fetch is?

Is it just your astral body? Does a person's physical self have awareness what his Fetch does?
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Etar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What is a Fetch?

Post by Etar »

What a nice case of synchronicity. I was reading about fetch a couple of hours ago.

From what I understand it's just a shadow or "glimpse" of an astral body, or etheric body.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I saw the topic and also thought Tulpa,right away. [grin]

But hey,you could always adopt.... [thumbup]
[my house is like Ye [cry2] Olde Eretik Sanctuary and Respite centre for damaged,lost or bewildered soulshards,lol]

believe me there are various types pf astral and spiritual/energy waifs and strays wandering the spaces,lost and confused.Some are escapees and others are servitors/fetches etc .that have been left or abandoned instead of reabsorbed.Some folk are very careless,tsk,tsk.

They tend to respond very nicely to some magickal tlc,a fresh purpose and a warm home.

At the risk of stepping out of the shadows more than a bit....which tends to be a common preferred [easier to work with/achieve successfully also] form for these beings too,by the way...

I work with fetches mostly,it's my home ground,lol and I 've 've taken in a few strays myself too.I have interesting fripperies and knick knacks which make good anchor points/spirit houses.With your interest in Hoodoo and Voudou,reptilian,you should find someting like this to work from?

A fetch,in the folkloric sense,is a part of your own /spirit given independent mobility,it can be sent out to do your bidding as human but more often animal or shadowy forms are used.Ancient superstition says you should be the only one who cannot see the human ever,as meeting yourself in the 'real world' is a foretelling of your own death.This I have found to be largely untrue,but Immv.Meh.[If in doubt don't give it your own image and be careful arounds mirrors for the duration of your working,that makes sense too]

http://blakulla.home.mindspring.com/fetch.pdf

http://www.rialian.com/elvsteut.htm

http://heathen.wikispaces.com/Fylgia
This is a post I made in this topic:

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... ch#p461573

The top link is dead,but I 'll check around for some more later.I 'm too lazy to reword or retype.Oops.Shame because it had some excellent information in it.

Yes,you do have awareness,but it 's different from the everyday/mundane type,it's a split function.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Thanks!

So, could I make friends with someone else's Fetch? And if I did, would it be safe or acceptable for me to call him around me (being that said Fetch would belong to someone else, I don't know how that might effect their physical self) or is it best to let them come on their own?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

http://www.traditionalwitchcraft.com/Fylgia

A wee bit more info.

If you can see them/perceive them around you then you have the sight and they are probably curious about you already.

Be wary of approaching an active fetch about it's business,though,as it's business may become you,or already be you.I'd observe from a distance for a while,if you do intend to approach.
Remember,for the most part, this is not an independant being [or cutesy animal spirit or whatever it may seem] and is in effect a shard of a magically active other person,who will likely now be aware of you too.
My waifs and strays comment previously ,is in regard to abandoned or remnanted flygia/energy forms which are drawn towards me,I do not actively seek them out.

We like the same places and haunt the same spaces,you might say instead.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Thanks, Nehemah!

Umm.....what is "The Sight"?

I clicked the little link in the article, but the Sight article was completely blank. Although, on the upside, while I was trying to see if I could get the article some other way, I found a good one on Necromancy. I've been wanting to find an article like this on that subject. AND the word, shamanism, popped up again. I keep seeing it. I'm sure it's a sign, but I don't know any shamans.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

I still feel confused. So is it someone's astral body, unintentionally detached soul part caused by trauma or is it just a leak like dropping an object without knowing? Couldn't you just do a ritual to call them home (if you knew about it)?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

The sight is also known as 'second sight',this article below actually describes it quite well.Here where I 'm from,to have the sight is to be 'Gey Fey,which loosely translates as 'gifted by the Fae' or 'very strange' depending on usage context. [rofl]
[It's quite difficult to say gey correctly if yer not Scots.It doesn't say as it looks,lol.]

What is called remote viewing in this article I know of as Bilocation [split awarenesses/trance scrying.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_sight

@akimbomoss:
So is it someone's astral body, unintentionally detached soul part caused by trauma or is it just a leak like dropping an object without knowing? Couldn't you just do a ritual to call them home (if you knew about it)?
Well,it can be a trauma shard,I've picked up a few in my time for sure,but those mainly return home when the 'owner' has worked through their angst,when the astral cord/connection between them becomes active again.
They can manifest spontaneously in a crisis led situation too,but mostly a fetch is a type of consciously self generated egregore,I think? Not sure if that's a good descriptor,but I 'm a bit stumped for comparitive terms.It is linked with ancestral guardians,Disir/ the lesser Norns.

They are form that can be externalised by a magickian to do their bidding but they are part of the originators life force and they are intrinsicly tied to the person they come from unless that person expires while they are out.
The residual being left here is not as strong and it will fade out over time,but they can become attached to a new family line,if that person has the sight and has a willingness to accept it.

And yes,calling them home is a vital part,it can be regarded as rather costly energy wise to lose one's fetch when its out and about. [eek]

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

So it's a soul part. There's no use for that except to get it back to the owner. A servitor is the usual way to create a "familiar" isn't it?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

So it's a soul part. There's no use for that except to get it back to the owner. A servitor is the usual way to create a "familiar" isn't it?
No ,it is not a servitor,if it was,that would be the term I 'd use,it's more complicated than a servitor and there are plenty of uses for them,as previuosly mentioned and linked to information listed.A familiar is different again,from both.A familiar is a distinct entity in it's own right also,usually living,but not always necessarily so.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Nahemah wrote:
No ,it is not a servitor,if it was,that would be the term I 'd use,it's more complicated than a servitor and there are plenty of uses for them,as previuosly mentioned and linked to information listed.A familiar is different again,from both.A familiar is a distinct entity in it's own right also,usually living,but not always necessarily so.
Which link? The links arn't helping me understand too well and that pdf is gone. Is the fetch completely automatic and we have no control over them?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_sight

This one akimbomoss.It's not that informative but it 's a start,lol.

I am sorry for mangling the description,tired and busy week so far and lots of noise and IRL stuff going on.

Read this below please,if you will.It' s much more informative.I haven't finished reading it myself yet,but what I ve read so far,is spot on with me.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49967333/fetch

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

That second link was very informative.

It says pressure or twitches in the body? I've had those ever since... that fox zapped me when I mentioned Belial of occult forum. But before that was a squirrel that was my animal advocate from Caitlin Mathews book Psychic shield. Could that be the fetch part? Also another thing I never talked about before was the precognition. I was able to predict about 5 seconds into the future whether I would trip in the dark or have to change lanes because the lane was closed over a hill. I seem to remember the bigger the sensation the further into the future it was and the bigger the event would be.

What if those thoughtforms were actually the fetch? Just when I thought I was hitting the bottom of the rabbit hole... that is weird.

Is that the same thing as the anima / animus?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

That second link was very informative.
[thumbup] Cool.
It says pressure or twitches in the body? I've had those ever since... that fox zapped me when I mentioned Belial of occult forum. But before that was a squirrel that was my animal advocate from Caitlin Mathews book Psychic shield. Could that be the fetch part? Also another thing I never talked about before was the precognition. I was able to predict about 5 seconds into the future whether I would trip in the dark or have to change lanes because the lane was closed over a hill. I seem to remember the bigger the sensation the further into the future it was and the bigger the event would be.

That's very similar to my own experiences.I get sensations that can be quite unpleasant,nausea in the pit of my stomach and the weird feeling of moving through myself,over and over again and that makes me feel a little dizzy sometimes.
What if those thoughtforms were actually the fetch? Just when I thought I was hitting the bottom of the rabbit hole... that is weird.
I 'd say that's most likely to be the case.And I am beginning to think there is no bottom to that hole,only more lateral and diagonal veers and passages,lol.

Is that the same thing as the anima / animus?
They are very closely linked.In Spaecraft; the Animus/Animus is identified as/with the Spa Alf and thi closely entwines with fetch activitation and activity .I 'm looking for some info on that to help me explain,in case I mangle it again,but I 'll have a go myself too later,at describing this more and see if I can be coherent about it,lol.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

In analytical psychology, the term chthonic was often used to describe the spirit of nature within; the unconscious earthly impulses of the Self, that is one's material depths, however not necessarily with negative connotations. See anima and animus or shadow. In Man and His Symbols Carl G. Jung explains:

“ Envy, lust, sensuality, deceit, and all known vices are the negative, 'dark' aspect of the unconscious, which can manifest itself in two ways. In the positive sense, it appears as a 'spirit of nature', creatively animating Man, things, and the world. It is the 'chthonic spirit' that has been mentioned so often in this chapter. In the negative sense, the unconscious (that same spirit) manifests itself as a spirit of evil, as a drive to destroy.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic

Just thought I'd put this reference here. If it was my fetch then I was interpreting the sensations wrong at first and I was doing bad things (because of misinterpretation of signals or lessons learned). It's only when I came to this thread that things started making more sense. I can't tell with 100% certainty that it is not a thoughtform/servitor but if you go by Carlos Castaneda it is whatever we intend... and I never knew what it was in the first place.

The qualities of it (her) are that she never bugs me for energy or sex. She never does anything inappropriate that I don't like. She comes in my dreams now and I end up doing a lot of flying. There is some ability to predict the future which is going to take a long time to explore fully. She makes sensations in my body a few times a day such as pain, cooling sensation, small muscle spasm (common), warming sensation (uncommon). I know these sensations are communications and sometimes I find out what they were indicating after the fact, well because I found out what they were referring to. I seem to notice they are directional indicators sometimes. A sensation in my right heel might mean something down and to the right needs my attention.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I'm sorry ,I didn't see this last post till now.I moved the topic here as I think it fits best in this folder.

I'll post more later on.

Occultess posted in the Spae thread,have a look at the Viking Answer Lady link she posted.It's a decent resource site and might be helpful too. [thumbup]

Visenda
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Visenda »

Do you mean the fylgja or the vard? The fylgja is a reflection of you in animal form, but it can also be a female spirit following the blooodline. But that's simplifying it :)
The vard is more like the modern day guide or power animal.

Return to “Northern Europe”