Necromancy? Spiritual Manipulation?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

disconcerted.encephalon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy? Spiritual Manipulation?

Post by disconcerted.encephalon »

I am honestly having trouble finding the proper words to describe what I have heard about, but, I was talking about spirituality with a close friend, and they told me of a ritual they had heard of. They knew of very graphic details and could not recall of when or where they obtained this information. I'm really unsure of how to put it, but, I think I would describe it as a spiritual transformation using negatively focused necromantic and astral-involved ritual practices.

She told me of a practice where a scion's circle of 2-12 people with one master (the remaining being apprentices) create an idol composed from the bones of victims of murder, for the Master's empowerment in the dark rituals they practice. Apparently the bones are to be obtained for the specific traits that intrinsically were a part of the person (pretty much traits their master is looking out for) and the idol was to be assembled bone by bone, to complete a full fledged skeleton. Upon it's completion, the master's soul would be altered in their "next life" or spiritual transgression. If for some reason, the master died, and the idol wasn't completed, the apprentices would take on the task of finishing it.

At the expense of possibly being avoided, judged, and possibly berated for bringing up such a taboo, I would like to extend my hand and ask information regarding the roots, relations, associated symbolisms, religions, myths, and ritualistic practices this evil art is related to, and possibly figure out where in hell this sub-sect of black magic came from, if not learn a little more about it.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Necromancy? Spiritual Manipulation?

Post by Rin »

I've never heard of such a thing, to be blunt, it sounds like the product of an overactive imagination.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

disconcerted.encephalon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Rin wrote:I've never heard of such a thing, to be blunt, it sounds like the product of an overactive imagination.
That was exactly my first thought, which is why I was hesitant to post anything about it. It could've easily been something on a movie or television show, I just was wondering what people's thought's are on the subject.

I know that there are certain cultures that worship their ancestors and the reverence of human bones is not so uncommon in those circumstances. There are a variety of methods of divination with bones, some to communicate with the dead, others to bring forth and/or ground spirits to the material realm in many native american and shamanistic cultures. I know that many tribes from north america will use the bones, skin, feather's, etc, of animals to bring out aspects of the animal('s) symbolic relevance within the practitioner('s) mind and soul to transform or shapeshift the practitioner('s) into a new spiritual being.

It's probably nothing, but, putting doubt aside (I am not concerned with the validity of the statement, merely fascinated with the possibility of people's experimentality and transgressions in the occult), does any one else see any similarities or any correlations between any other religious beliefs and the practices of these sorts of rituals?

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Human bones, especially of those who have died a certain way, have been used in ritual magic even in modern times. Immediately what comes to mind is the payé used during work with San La Muerte of Argentina. They're carved of bone, sometimes human bone, with the best for nefarious purposes being also carved by a murderer. There's an interesting discussion of the practice in the first section of Liber Falxifer, easily found as a pdf.

While I imagine some of the more serious schools (TotBL, DR) might do something akin to what you described, I seriously doubt they'd either publish it or invite some random uninitiated spoob to the proceedings, nor would they discuss it. Even if the materials were legally obtained (it is legal to possess and own human remains... you can buy skulls on eBay without a medical license, for Chrissakes) it would be the fastest way to get your temple raided by the cops.

It sounds to me like she's half-remembering a movie. Besides, there's 200+ bones in the human body. Do any of these supposed apprentices know anything about anatomy? What happens if they forget the little bones that everyone always forgets in the ear... does the Master reincarnate deaf?

disconcerted.encephalon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thank you for the information.

Return to “Help!”