Could it have been an attempted possession?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Could it have been an attempted possession?

Post by isis.auset5 »

Hi.

I'm very worried about my little sister.

She is thirteen and very 'sensitive', if you get my drift. She gets it from my mom. Aside from a few times where she's seen a woman in white, though, nothing else had ever happened to her. Until this week. I only just found out about this because I'm away during the week and only visit during some weekends, so I don't know the exact day in which it occurred.

Anyway. It was near 2 am and she was on her bed, listening to music until she fell asleep. The tv had the timer on. When the tv shut down, she turned off her music and, when she was preparing to put her phone back on her nightstand, she felt a heavy weight on her head and then the weight moved to her chest. She had trouble breathing and that weight stayed on her for about 15 to 20 min. She couldn't talk so she couldn't call my parents. Also, she heard a heavy breathing near one of her ears.

You guys ... I'm worried. What the hell was this? Was it just a visit or was it an attempt at possessing her?

My mom and I both know that this house is nothing but trouble but nothing like this had ever happened before, and the fact that it's happening to my little sister is what is scaring me the most. It hasn't happened ever since, but she's scared. Also, she's the one who spends the most time in this house, which could be the reason for this. I don't know.

Please help?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Could it have been an attempted possession?

Post by Nahemah »

Isis,this is classic sleep paralysis.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/gu ... -paralysis

It's a physiological condition and I suggest a check up with her doctor,just to rule out sleep apnoea or any other [mostly minor] health issues,before you consider anything else as the cause.

I'm a sleep walker [talker and singer] and I have mild apnoea,it can cause me to be very tired and sluggish spmetimes,as sleep patterns get disrupted with it,but it's usually not a big issue,more annoying than anything else.I don't want to worry you unduly here,but I doubt it's spiritual or psychic in origin.

I'll link you some further info on this soon.

Edite to add: I'm also senstive and it really took off around adolesence as did my paralysis events/sleep walking.

do think she'll be ok,especially with her caring big sister watching over her. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Yes, my first guess was sleep paralysis, but I ruled it out because she was, well, awake. She was putting her phone on her nightstand to get ready for sleep when it happened.

However, since I'm not her, I'll admit that she may have been almost falling asleep, thus causing it.

Thank you :)

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

'Old Hag' attacks are very similar to sleep paralysis. The same thing happened to my daughter when she was about 15 or 16.

If it's not sleep paralyses - it sounds more like an attack than a possession (although, the attack could've had the end game of possession.)

My kid was able to keep her head. She found that she could move her pinky. Once she realized that she was not fully paralyzed - she kicked ass.

If your sisters room isn't claimed and protected I would help her to shield it.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

RoseRed, any suggestions on how to do it?

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Claim and shield or keep your head?

Claim and Shield - do whatever you do to make it Ritualistic - light candles, make a circle, whatever you would normally do to begin your Ritual time. It helps to set the gravity of it. It's a big thing for someone young to publicly (in front of you or your mom) perform their first Ritual for a reason.

It's her room. It's her space. This is mine. Nothing(spirit, entity, being, etc) may enter in without my permission. Disturbing my sleep is prohibited. (You're setting ground rules for what's allowed in her space).

Then I would salt it. Use enough to create a solid line. You'll clean it up later. Toss some salt under the bed, around the room - including inside the closet and across the doorjamb for right now. Then you'll use some warm salt water and wipe down the door and window jambs. That's an important part of this. Those are natural openings into her space - they get special treatment.

If there are any protective symbols that you use - this is when you would draw it (my friends son used a glow in the dark marker so it could only be seen under a UV light - he rented and didn't want to leave pentacles behind) on the very top of the door and if the windows have molding around them - across the very top of that as well. I would also do the closet doorjamb since it is a door.

I think that if your mother is on board that she then do the same thing with your home.

If your sister is really sensitive - she's probably gonna be a magnet until she figures out how to get that under control.

Find a copy of Dion Fortune's Psychic Self Defense. There's pdfs all over the place. Read it.

Get her some hematite jewelry. It's mostly iron. You don't need to program it like a crystal - it's just part of what the stone inherently does.

How to keep her head:

Tell her that if it happens again - even though it's frightening - she can do it. Steel her spine, pull back from the fear and feel your own personal power. Feel that power flow through you until you can wiggle your fingers and/or toes. Once she breaks the paralysis - she'll sling shot forward - cuz it just snaps when it goes. She should be angry when she feels her own strength - something is violating her space. Replace fear with angry strength and tell it to get the hell out.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Thank you, RoseRed. That was really helpful!

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I hope you'll let us know how it goes. And you're very welcome.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

For what it's worth :

Sleep paralysis can and does occur in adolescence for the first time.

It can be a rare or one off occurance or a frequent problem and in this instance [adolescence/puberty] it is likely be relative to the menarche in females or the start of active sperm production in males.

Hormones/Endocrine/Nervous stimulation.

It's not a magickal attack by an external entity.

Sorry Rose,but it 's not.

And I'm posting here again as I strongly disagree with magickal interventions when the problems are physiological and we really do ourselves no favours,as modern practicioners when we know this,yet allow fear based superstiton to continue despite it.

Despite the three millenia or so of religious fearmongering that has been allowed to accompany this phenomenon,it's not demonic,it's not evil and it's not outwith normative neurological experience.

It's basically a malfunction/misfire in human hormonal expression.

It varies greatly in intensity and symptomology,with some sufferers only experiencing mild effects or only a one off event,while others can have full on visual and auditory hallucinations either accompanying or preceeding the paralysis events and experience such every other night.There is a wide spectrum of possiblity with this,both in frequency and intensity.

And stress tends to excacerbate attacks,so worrying about it often only makes it worse.

Individual Mileage May Vary Greatly.

Chest pressure [hag riding] is not uniform to the experience set and can be an early indicator of sleep apnoea.as previously mentioned.The article I linked explains a lot of what I'm saying here and there is so much more available on this subject, which I will be happy to provide if warranted.

A medical check up is strongly advised here as untreated/undiagnosed apnoea can lead to potentially serious health problems later on in life and sleep apnoea is a debilitating medical condition in it's own right.

Sleep paralysis,which is a liminal state, can be utilised as a jumping off point for lucidity/astral projection,once the sufferer has engaged with the experience,should they wish to learn it and only after they become comfortable with escape techniques/relaxation techniques;which will enable the participant to either stay liminal or fall asleep/wake up.

That is where the magick can happen.

The thing about any Apotropaic magicks used for this: well,if it's a one off attack linked to puberty hormones these will seem to have worked so no harm done there aside from the potential for any undiagnosed apnoea to continue unabated,that is.

You may also find that the psycholgocial benefits of warding [removal of worry.stress and/or other placebo effect] stops events reoccuring for some time also.

However,if it is indeed a hereditary or recurring type of paralysis,it will come barrelling back further down the line,no matter how many wards,protections or spells you address it with and it may be much more frightening and intense next time.

I still strongly recommend a medical check up,it's the only way to be sure there is no underlying apnoea problem and decent medical advice also helps greatly with management of further events,should it become necessary.

If you still prefer to believe this IS a spiritual or magickal attack that is your choice,of course,but please do get medical advice anyway.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

As always, a two pronged attack is probably the best way to go about it.

Obviously first seek medial advice as given, and then, if that fails or proves inefficient in reducing the episodes, move onto the magical methods.

I agree with RoseRed in that spirits malevolent do indeed target people within that liminal space and once they are in dream states, due to their body being a more easy target with reduced dream awareness. As such, i think this is a complex phenomena that can be of three cases:

-Entirely physical ie medical. The confusion and malfunction of the body effects the mind/soul, causing a disconnect which is where the terrror feelings etc arises from.

-Opportunistic attack. As above, but whilst in that state, malevolent entity takes advantage and commences an attack in an attempt to feed.

-Entirely spirit led, the physical changes being in response to a spirit attack mimicking sleep apnea.

I have had bouts of sleep paralysis, and also night terrors, the above would correlate to my different experiences of them. They were very bad as a child at times, but i would often see the same entities during the day as the same ones causing the issue at night. Most of these spirits wernt aggressive, just curious and inquisitive, but their dark nature was terrifying for me as a child until i got used to them. I ceased to see them as I got older. So thats my personal experience with this.. ive never had to really shield myself from an attack by lower entities since as i usually claim my space everytime i move somewhere new as a matter of course.

Rosered offers good advice, as does Nahemah. I will say however that site does not seem particularly reliable. It linked me to nightmares from night terrors, which are completely different. Night terrors are far, far, far worse. It also uses terms such as 'mental retardation' which are no longer in widespread use either generally or medically, at least where I am from.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

No one can say whether it was a completely physical phenomena or if it was an attack.

N gave excellent advice on the physical side of things. I gave advice on the other.

I think it can be dangerous to say with any certainty what exactly it was that happened - especially when dealing with the gifted - and taking into consideration the fact that this is relayed as second hand information. I do agree with seeing a doctor as it could very well have been a fully physical phenomena.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Personally, I believe in covering both ends of the spectrum as that is the safest course.

Return to “Help!”