About to go to a place with human remains?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

About to go to a place with human remains?

Post by Liberator »

Do you think it will be haunted or have anything paranormal? Essentially I will have to go on a compulsory excursion to do a test for school at a place where they store donated human parts. Including skulls and parts of real once living people. Recommend any protection? I'm afraid of spirits of the deceased and all burial sites.

I also have a well known EVP recorder app installed on my phone and plan to use it to see if anything interesting is recorded in turn.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: About to go to a place with human remains?

Post by Shinichi »

Why exactly are you afraid of the dead?

~:Shin:~

EDIT: And it is an important question. If it's an irrational fear of stereotypical scary thingies, it is important for you to face that and overcome it, because the spirits can enjoy a good tease just for the fun of it and more than that, spirits of the dead and ghosts (because there is a difference) can be very helpful to you. On the other hand, if you believe the dead to be evil (like some native american tribes, where death is avoided because of bad energy), then there may be specific things to help you depending on why you believe that way (a religion thing, a culture thing, etc).
Last edited by Shinichi on Sun May 10, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Shinichi wrote:Why exactly are you afraid of the dead?

Idk exactly, I have necrophobia to be exact. When taken to a large cemetery once I could not sleep for a whole night or stayed half awake. I have a fascination to tamper with remains in theory but when I actually come into contact with one I freak out. For spirits of the dead they are most likely harmful in my instinct.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

The dead are not harmful by default. Most of remains don't even have ghosts with them unless you summon it.

Perhaps you should spend some time studying old school Necromancy, divination with spirits of the dead. Communicate with some of your ancestors, since they are usually very interested in not being harmful to their descendants so that their blood can continue being passed on.

As for protection during your trip, basic psychic shielding should be more than enough. Provided you don't know how to do that yet, do whatever cleansing or banishing or strengthening rituals you know before you go on the trip that morning. Such exercise will help fortify your aura so that your natural shielding is stronger on its own.

Other than that, just try very hard not to be afraid. Things like that (fear, anger, lust, anything that overcomes you) is a gap that some spirits can take advantage of. A ghost might just scare you to get a laugh, but there are parasites that can attach to you to feed on your fear too and stronger spirits can use it like a backdoor in your psyche to hack into you and influence you certain ways.

Which probably doesn't make you feel better, but yeah. [greensmile]

By the way, this is one of the strongest Mantras against Fear that I have ever used:

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

--Dune

PoisonPen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by PoisonPen »

Wait, what? You're worried about having experiences involving the dead... and then use an EVP recorder to invite experiences with the dead? Something isn't right here.

Let me explain. Frogs have very simple brains. They can't process all the sensory input they receive. There is a part of their brain, therefore, which is responsible for filtering out extraneous inputs. The only moving objects which pass this filter are things moving erratically. Small erratic objects are prey to be eaten. Large erratic objects are predators to be avoided. Snakes, which move with smooth, regular motions, are literally invisible to frogs -- which is why they're excellent predators of frogs.

The human brain works in a similar fashion. We receive a staggering amount of sensory input, far more than our conscious minds can possibly handle. The subconscious therefore has autonomic processes which sift and filter these inputs for important information to pass on for your conscious awareness. Since our brains are considerably more complex than a frog's, subconscious "priming" can be used to sensitize the subconscious to a particular type of sensory input, which it will dutifully pass on to your conscious mind. You've probably experienced this before; you're talking about black sneakers one day, and then for the next week you see black sneakers everywhere you go. It's not that everyone is suddenly and mysteriously wearing black sneakers this week, but rather that you've primed your subconscious to pass awareness of them on to your conscious mind.

By actively seeking for EVP, what you're doing is deliberately priming your subconscious to pick up on cues consistent with dead spirits and pass it on to your conscious awareness. You are virtually guaranteeing that you will experience this phenomena regardless of whether it's there or not. Every creak, every visual anomoly, every whisper of wind will be picked up by the machinery of your subconscious and brought to your conscious awareness.

In short, if you don't want to experience spooky ghost-doings, stop looking for them.

insomni4c
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by insomni4c »

PoisonPen has a good point; if you're going out of your way for a spooky experience, you're going to have a spooky experience. Even if nothing objectively happens, your mind will come up with something. The EVP recorder is just asking for spooky ghost noises. By all means, do it, lol just realize what you're getting yourself into.

If you're worried about ghosts comin' and ruining your day, banish when you get home, or burn some sage, or whatever it is you do. If you don't have some sort of banishing or cleansing method under your belt, I would suggest getting one. Even if there are ghosts there though, they're not really not likely to cause any harm other than a nasty scare.

It might be a good idea to expose yourself to environments like the one you described, and cemeteries and the like. If you wanna be a supah powahful wizard you gotta face your fears, and confront the unknown. Maybe, like was already suggested, study necromancy, involve yourself with the spirits of your ancestors.

Maybe keep a little shrine and make the occasional offering to keep the dead happy. The shrine thing might actually increase your chances of running into the dead though lol, so if you want to avoid that maybe leave the offerings at a crossroads instead.

Stop by a cemetery and admire the craftsmanship of the gravestones, feel the peace of the place. Cemeteries are generally consecrated ground, you're probably less likely to run into something nasty there than anywhere else lol.

Just some ideas. Exposing yourself to your fear might be the best way to get over it.

If that doesn't work, and you're still terrified of the dead after giving the whole exposure thing a long enough chance (it's still gonna be scary at first, you gotta give it time to work), you could always make an amulet to keep the dead away from you, or to keep you safe from the dead. If nothing else, it will at least make you feel safe. Also banishing is something you should be doing. Like seriously, if you practice magic, you should probably be banishing regularly anyways.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

PoisonPen wrote:Wait, what? You're worried about having experiences involving the dead... and then use an EVP recorder to invite experiences with the dead? Something isn't right here.

Let me explain. Frogs have very simple brains. They can't process all the sensory input they receive. There is a part of their brain, therefore, which is responsible for filtering out extraneous inputs. The only moving objects which pass this filter are things moving erratically. Small erratic objects are prey to be eaten. Large erratic objects are predators to be avoided. Snakes, which move with smooth, regular motions, are literally invisible to frogs -- which is why they're excellent predators of frogs.

The human brain works in a similar fashion. We receive a staggering amount of sensory input, far more than our conscious minds can possibly handle. The subconscious therefore has autonomic processes which sift and filter these inputs for important information to pass on for your conscious awareness. Since our brains are considerably more complex than a frog's, subconscious "priming" can be used to sensitize the subconscious to a particular type of sensory input, which it will dutifully pass on to your conscious mind. You've probably experienced this before; you're talking about black sneakers one day, and then for the next week you see black sneakers everywhere you go. It's not that everyone is suddenly and mysteriously wearing black sneakers this week, but rather that you've primed your subconscious to pass awareness of them on to your conscious mind.

By actively seeking for EVP, what you're doing is deliberately priming your subconscious to pick up on cues consistent with dead spirits and pass it on to your conscious awareness. You are virtually guaranteeing that you will experience this phenomena regardless of whether it's there or not. Every creak, every visual anomoly, every whisper of wind will be picked up by the machinery of your subconscious and brought to your conscious awareness.

In short, if you don't want to experience spooky ghost-doings, stop looking for them.
I'm only recording, not communicating. My curiosity can be stronger than my fear. I find when I'm exposed to a type of fear many times I could eventually become desensitised to it. Say screamer pop ups, when I see them several times and become desensitised enough, I will not be fazed next time. Just maybe a bit annoyed.

Return to “Help!”