Too much energy in the head

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Too much energy in the head

Post by Haqim »

Hi everyone,

So I have this little problem with my head - my energy system is probably damaged since my childhood, cause I've had a lot of migraine when I was young.

When I was a teenager one of my teachers (a Reiki master, actually) told me that my crown chakra is too active / opened, thus I have a lot of energy, but also a lot of headaches.

Nowadays I only rarely have migraines, which is good, but I still feel this... unbalance.
Energy tends to gather in my head, and I don't want to get a seizure or something similar.
Now I work with a lot of energy, maybe that's the problem.

After I'm done with my practices (rituals, working with servitors), a few hours later I start to feel like my head were a tea-kettle.

My knowledge of taoism / qi gong, reiki and other energetic systems are rusty, I admit it.
(I've stopped working with them about 5 years ago)

So... any ideas, advices?
How to stop the energy gathering in my head?
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Too much energy in the head

Post by Rin »

Just off the top of my head (heh), I think the best way to balance yourself out and ground out the excess energy (or spread it out more evenly) would be to take up a basic form of standing/moving meditation (qi gong if you want, but perhaps better something less overtly energetic like Tai Chi or even just basic Zhan Zhuang) and to practice it outdoors on grass or bare earth, barefoot.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Rin wrote:Just off the top of my head (heh), I think the best way to balance yourself out and ground out the excess energy (or spread it out more evenly) would be to take up a basic form of standing/moving meditation (qi gong if you want, but perhaps better something less overtly energetic like Tai Chi or even just basic Zhan Zhuang) and to practice it outdoors on grass or bare earth, barefoot.
Thanks for the feedback, Rin! :)

Good idea, by the way.

My problem is the lack of banishing / centering / grounding, I think.
I've never found it necessary.

Huh, ironic - I had this problem since childhood, and still, I've never thought about this during all my studies.

But back to your advice: yes, maybe I should do some traditional energy workings.
I prefer indoor practices, but it's almost summer, so who knows?

Can I ask you what's your favourite method of banishing?

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

I had this problem before, to the point that my third eye was going haywire along with the headaches. Didn't get much sleep for a few nights while I waited for it to subside.

The problem for me was that I wasn't taking the time to 'fix' the energy into the lower dantien/hara after meditation.

The technique I use now is, after a session, collect the energy in the lower dantien/hara, focus on fixing it there while rubbing your belly clockwise 36 times, then counterclockwise 24 times (opposite this for females). Keep in mind while doing this that each rotation clockwise conditions it to the lowest center, while the counterclockwise rotations fix it there.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Thanks corvidus!
corvidus wrote:I had this problem before, to the point that my third eye was going haywire along with the headaches. Didn't get much sleep for a few nights while I waited for it to subside.
Actually, I've found my third eye being very active recently.
So maybe we have / had the same problem.
corvidus wrote:The problem for me was that I wasn't taking the time to 'fix' the energy into the lower dantien/hara after meditation.
Yeah, I thought about that.
It's like a tree that has weak roots and trunk, with a heavy crown.
corvidus wrote: The technique I use now is, after a session, collect the energy in the lower dantien/hara, focus on fixing it there while rubbing your belly clockwise 36 times, then counterclockwise 24 times (opposite this for females). Keep in mind while doing this that each rotation clockwise conditions it to the lowest center, while the counterclockwise rotations fix it there.
Interesting technique, I'll definitely try this! :D

You guys are all amazing! [thumbup]

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

I would suggest seeing a good, professional acupuncturist who is familiar with the Qi Gong aspects of the art and other bits of TCM. It sounds like an issue with Baihui being too open while the rest of the GV isn't, causing energy to get stuck there instead of circulating properly. This is often enough a minor sort of fix unless it's just a side effect of something else, but a good acupuncturist will know and be able to handle the situation either way.

~:Shin:~

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Shinichi wrote:I would suggest seeing a good, professional acupuncturist who is familiar with the Qi Gong aspects of the art and other bits of TCM. It sounds like an issue with Baihui being too open while the rest of the GV isn't, causing energy to get stuck there instead of circulating properly. This is often enough a minor sort of fix unless it's just a side effect of something else, but a good acupuncturist will know and be able to handle the situation either way.
Good idea, thank you! :)

In fact, there's a master in our town who's a professional acupuncturist.
Maybe I should visit him.

To tell the truth, many years ago I had a spinal injury, and I fixed my back with qi gong practices.
Maybe I mixed something up there. :D

... And maybe I should practice qi gong, again!
Huhh, all those nostalgic memories!

So thanks, again! ;)

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Have you ever had an mri of your cervical spine? You need to rule out disk or bone problems before you can say that it's definitely occult related and not physical.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

RoseRed wrote:Have you ever had an mri of your cervical spine? You need to rule out disk or bone problems before you can say that it's definitely occult related and not physical.
I have had a spinal damage, as I said before.
So yeah, I had an mri, and my spine was in a very bad condition at the time.

But I've clearly fixed that with qi gong and other qi gong-like methods.
And I definitely know that I fixed that, because one of my legs was almost crippled and I was in constant pain.

Now I'm completely healthy, can run and not in pain at all (and I really do feel absolutely healthy!).

... Although there's the stress.
I should be more relaxed and calm, I admit that.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Count your Blessings.

I've been fighting to stay out of a wheelchair for 20 years now. After surgeries and horrible procedures - I can walk but not without incredible pain. I don't know if I'll ever be able to run again but that's one of my 'shoot for the moon' goals.

It is truly wonderful that you've made such a tremendous recovery. I'm not dismissing or discounting your experience. I'm merely saying that there may still be bone or disk deformity causing your headaches. It is possible that the Qigong didn't heal it completely.

Have you tried the standard grounding methods and whatnot? Do they help at all?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

I'm sure you can also repair yourself and will run again, Rose. ;)

And yeah, grounding can be the key.
It's a big mistake that I've never practiced something like that.

Working with a lot of energy has its own downside.

Return to “Help!”