Something is here, I don't know what or who...

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Something is here, I don't know what or who...

Post by solace_of_shadows »

Something is here, how do I find out what it is, and what to do about it? I am so new I don't even know where to begin, sadly. I've been trying to get in touch with "it" for some time.

Lately, the past several months I have really noticed an increase in the presence of energy. Also, stranger things are happening. Myself and a friend, and then separately my former cat and me, all experienced my music keyboard playing notes by itself, when it was off. We were in the same room when it happened. They weren't like auto, preset-type of notes...It sounded like someone physically playing the piano, or messing with it. One was a chord, the other random notes.

I've also heard shuffling around in my apartment from time to time in various areas throughout, the kitchen, my room, etc. Sometimes a friend or real-life visitor is there and has noticed, too. A few times I thought someone broke in, only to find no one was there at all...

The other night topped it all. I was facing a surface with my crystal and candles. I understand this is not how it's done, haha, I just am ridiculously new and don't have any skills yet, really. So I asked aloud, "Is there something here? Who or what are you? Are you trying to hurt me? Are you trying to kill me? Or something else? What is going on? I mean you no harm." something like that. Before I could say my next thought, which was something like, "I don't know how to contact you because I lack the proper tools and experience", suddenly I heard something odd from behind me. I turned around, and there was my metal lamp moving by itself. It was unplugged, and off to the side to the desk (where I'd put it) but it was most definitely moving without aid from me, and I was alone. First the base moved, it lifted in the air a bit, then the paper, then the shade, moving a bit, even touching the can of air that sat next to it, causing the can of air to jiggle slightly. They were moving at about the same time. The lamp is sort of artistic looking, next to it was a piece of paper that also was moving around the same time. The paper had my address written on it by an employee from a phone company based on a transaction I'd made some time ago; I'd awkwardly penned in the case number and bits of pertinent info. They'd wanted to see my signature or something, as the first time it wasn't legible and I'd written it on the back, I think I'd been illustrating something with that or something. Anyway, just mentioning that in case it's important.

The metal lamp has a black light in it - correction, it has a pseudo-black light. I thought it was a real one but it turned out to be this stupid purple-hued bulb that eventually just fades to a nasty looking orange... [unsure] not what I'd wanted at all haha. I live in a small town and I couldn't find a real black light for the life of me. Anyway, although that might seem useless, again I thought it couldn't hurt to bring it up in case it means something.

That night when I went to go to bed, I also heard more shuffling in my room, near my desk. The desk has just random knick-knacks on it...a lamp, a few pens, eyeglasses (for distance), eyeglass cleaner, headphones, candles, etc. What moved on it were little things, I think, but I couldn't tell because I was in bed. But if I didn't know any better I'd say someone was in there.

I should also explain that beginning last year, there has been nothing but bad luck. I do not know if this is related or not. But my life has completely fallen apart; everything has gone wrong that you can imagine. Expensive things breaking, bands have broken up, my hard drive crashed and I lost all my music, etc etc. Now my health has taken a turn for the worst, it's horrible. I can't go anywhere or do anything; I can't work or even volunteer because of these terrible allergies that no doctor can explain. I do not know if it has anything at all to do with whatever is here. I don't know if I am cursed, if it's a string of bad luck, or something else. I have a feeling it has something to do with this particular band I was in. They are the wrong people entirely, toxic to me, I later learned the hard way. We also messed around a lot in ways we shouldn't have, they had a lot of negativity directed toward me in the band and were highly controlling. However I experienced some really amazing stuff, but I opened myself up to things without taking it very seriously at the time, and they certainly gave me no respect about anything, even though we were working toward the same goals.

I don't know if this is related, but I do listen to music with magical intention. I was listening to it heavily that night before the lamp and paper moved. I really feel something, with this type of magic for some reason. I learned about it later, I just thought it was ordinary music at first...That night especially, I felt strong energy from it and saw powerful visions in my mind, but I don't know if that was an intended effect. Later I had just turned part of the library on shuffle and it played a few playlists, one of them had negative lyrics like "you suck, die and bleed" etc. I don't know if that's even related, but again, I'm just mentioning it. That music is just typical music, nothing magical about it as far as I've been able to tell and find out. I tend to listen to darker stuff anyway.

After I listened to the music, I switched gears. I then focused on what might be here, that 's when I spoke aloud, addressing what might be the "presence". I totally didn't expect that.

So what should I do? I feel like such an idiot because I know so little. How do I find out what, or who this is? My apologies for being so ignorant.
"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains".

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Something is here, I don't know what or who...

Post by Desecrated »

Get help.

Find someone locally that can help you.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

I realize that this probably sounds incredibly ridiculous. I understand that none of what I mentioned talked about any traditional occult-related methods or practices. To re-emphasize, I am painfully ignorant as of now. It is not really by choice...There must be someone who knows about something I should do. I am obviously brand new, I have very little knowledge on anything about this stuff, I am literally just starting out. And I'm right in the middle of a whirlwind of problems, preventing me from actually doing anything. There is a little more information on an introductory post I made. But really, I'm not trying to sound trollish or stupid or anything, something is going on here and I unfortunately currently lack the skills to handle appropriately whatever it is. I don't know if it is positive or negative, if it's something to fear or not. It is unclear whether the terrible events, bad health etc. are related to this recent occurrence, but at this point I'm of the mind that many things are possible... I am seeking knowledge about where to start so that I can find out. It's frightening because I don't know what it is, what it's doing, if anything. So many things to sort out, and many books suggested around here and throughout various places on the web, but it seems like finding a needle in a haystack, I really don't know how the hell to go about this. I could use some guidance, and perhaps any ideas about this.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Desecrated - I've just read your post, thanks. The problem is, I am far too isolated in my town and with my circumstances for this to be a viable option. I have already searched. I am not in good health with my allergy condition. I don't have a car. All of the options here have been exhausted. Nobody understands any of this stuff and those that do are toxic, or involved with that crowd. I can't just walk up to someone and start talking about this stuff...There is no one locally who can help.

Does it seem (to you or to anyone) that any of this is related? It may not be, as I've said.

I am wondering what the lamp moving and such means, the "presence", (if there is one).

I visited these forums to gain further knowledge, but I'm just perplexed.. I feel like I'm thrown in the ocean wading on a raft watching ships pass by, hoping and fearing somehow I will survive and wondering how in the world to build myself a proper ship...(pardon the silly example). Of course strange events continue, this by far being the strangest. Note: it, and the "presence" doesn't frighten me. It just makes me more curious about how (and/or if) all of these things interweave. It may not be connected at all. But I just don't know for certain. For instance the other night prior to the lamp, while meditating I felt quite an inexplicable calming, peaceful presence, very powerful, almost palpable and visual, it surrounded me, moved throughout as if to say "it's going to be OK"...while I moments before heard some of the external noises in this place; they aligned with thoughts I was having at the time pertaining to certain spiritual paths... I don't know enough to know who exactly to call upon (there are a few, but again, it isn't enough) and how to go about doing it, which methods to start with, etc...all of the intricacies of this stuff. Getting to that point right now is immensely difficult due to situations, but I am still pressing ahead...I just am at a loss right now. [blush] [sad2]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Obvious questions first - do you suffer from periods of psychosis or take drugs? If not, then why do you personally think you are experiencing this - what makes you 'special' or singles you out that a spiritual force would be trying to communicate with you?

How does this make you feel inside? Are you observing what is going on dispassionately, or is there a degree of fear or worry involved?

Next time this happens I would like you to say the following: 'I acknowledge your presence, but this is my space. If you are going to be here you must tell me your name. If you do not, then you will leave'.

Let me know what happens, if anything - especially how you feel after saying this.

[thumbup]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Given what you've written, I think it's you.

I think the disturbances are your own energetic vibrations and they're out of sync/ control.

Claim your space and cleanse it first of all. Ward or reward and then perform a rite or working to clear any residual energy hanging around.

Smudging is good, herbs local to the vicinity are my preferred choice, but Immv. Lbrp type ritual is good too and so on ...

By the way, there is nowt wrong with direct communication out loud, I do it all the time, I'm a direct sort of gal. Again, IMMV, of course.

Also, hail to a fellow allergy sufferer. [greensmile]

Do you sleep walk or talk at all? Just curious.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Haha, cross posting strikes again, lol.

I like your thinking, mate. [thumbup]

Sedative anti-hystamines, was in my line of thought a bit, when I was writing, as a maybe for effects.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks for your replies. I will reply a bit later as well to clarify a bit. To answer the questions, no, I do not, nor have I ever suffered from any form of psychosis or such mental illness. I do not feel I am special in any way by these things happening, I am simply trying to figure out why it is happening in the first place. I hope I don't seem crazy... It is sort of a complex situation I suppose as I am a complex person, (describing it here wouldn't be the best place) and being as I'm new it is difficult to really express with proper detail and context, especially with this sort of thing which has its own inherent obscurity.

Nahemah, I've thought of that as well actually, the disturbances of my own energetic vibrations, as you put it. Sort of an unintentional attack on myself, perhaps? But yes, I've had that very thought also. Other thoughts as well. It could be many things. I have a few theories about it, but for some reason I am leaning toward a presence.

Regarding the thigns you discussed Nahemah, I have indeed tried to do that, but I think I need more knowledge, obviously. I need to seek many paths, but I'll be honest, for some reason I'm incredibly drawn to the energy in Satanism. I feel a magnetism like none other with that, always. But I feel a little ridiculous.. I don't want to blindly leap into something though without knowing for certain it's the right path for me. But even integrating it somehow, (if it should be) is something I'm wondering about. By the way, I don't necessarily think that is involved, just mentioning that, kind of rambled as I'm a bit tired at the moment. I don't get the opportunity to talk about this stuff with anyone... [shh]

What do you mean by sedative anti-histamines, though, Nahemah? Who are you referring to? If it's me, I am not taking those.

I don't sleep walk or talk at all actually. I have trouble sleeping though. But I don't hallucinate.

Thanks for the suggestions and responses though, hopefully others have some input as well. I need to understand how to perform a proper ritual. not just these hollow fragments... [blush] [rolleyes] I wish finding people in my town like this weren't so difficult.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Okay, let's break this down then.

If possible see a medical doctor. If you are taking any medication at all make sure you check all the side-effects from them.
Make sure that you eat healthy, exercise and sleep well.
If you can, do a full health check to make sure there isn't something wrong with you.

Get in contact with a psychiatrist.
We all have some bad shit that we need to deal with. A couple of visits to a professional can really clear the air.
You'd be surprised how often "hauntings" is really just bad energy floating around in the house, Very often caused by the people living there.
Unspoken words have a lot of energy.

AND NOW.
How to deal with a haunting.

Day 1:

A. Clean your house.
Clean it like your mother-in-law would come for a weekend visits. Make sure you scrub every area even behind and under cupboards, door-openings and such.

Make sure you open up your rooms to sunlight and fresh air.

B. Clean yourself.
I don't care if you are male or female, but it's time to get some spa-time.
Do a hair treatment, do a facial mask, get some ruff body scrub, shave all over, make yourself feel new and fresh.

C. Stop with the fucking apologies.
If you keep telling yourself that you don't know anything and you can't do anything. Nothing good will happen. You are more then capable enough to handle this situation.

D. Stop worrying.
Even if you have a whole baseball team of ghosts it's not really a big deal or a bad thing.
Right now, you are not doing anything good by getting yourself worked up.
Breathe in, Breathe out

Day 2:

Time to clean again.
This time it will be a little bit different.

Salt is a great way to absorb energy. Put down a line of salt in every window and door opening. Leave one window open without salt so that "it" can get out.
Take a bath.
If you don't have a bathtub, bring a bucket with you into the shower.
Poor cold water into the bucket.
Usually I recommend lavender oil and rosemary, but since you are allergic you can try just lavender oil, or If you are really really allergic. Just use clean water.
Dunk it over you, or if you have a bathtub, emerge your head.
Do this 3 times.
Air dry. Don't use a towel or anything like that, just stand there and calm down.
Put on some fresh clothes.

Time to bring out the broom.
Sweep all the floors, start at the area furthers away from the door-opening and sweep towards the door- Imagine sweeping everything bad away. Once you finally come to the door, sweep everything out the door.

Vacuum the place and suck up the salt also. Take out the bag from the vacuum and bring it outside directly. You don't want it left in the house for very long.

Time to wash the floors.
Water + black pepper makes for a really good floorwash. Nothing likes getting their face stuffed with peppers so it keeps away both negative energy and animals.
Do the same as the sweeping. Start furthest away and move to the front door.
If you can, poor out the water outside your property, if not, poor it into the toilet and flush.

Light some white candles. Just normal white candles will do.

Take a shower.

Done.

Sometimes you have to repeat the process more then once and it's not uncommon that you do the cleaning once and then it comes back a couple of weeks/months later.
But since you'll notice it faster it will be easier to get rid of it a second time.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

O yes. about the keyboard.

Older synths have a CV/gate. It's basically a way for different musical equipment to talk to each other without using midi. Electric spikes can cause instruments to have a life of it's own. Even such small things as starting the vacuum cleaner when the synth is plugged in can sometime cause it to go out of tune or change settings.
I've had a couple of analogue synths that can start doing some weird things after being powered on for a longer period of time.

Synths from the 80's and onwards very often have an internal battery. If you have a digital interface or any kind of memory/presets on the synth there is an internal battery that stores that information.
Some keyboards had a preset song in them that would play the first time you started them up. If the internal battery starts to die, it might factory-reset the synth and a sounds or song will play automatically.
Meaning that it's time to change the battery. Please let a skilled electricians or music technician do this for you.

Another fun thing to do with a keyboard (if it has built in speakers) is to attach a guitar cable to the input and use it as an antenna. This practically turns your keyboard into a radio and you can sometimes get some crazy channels true the speakers.
We had to stop a gig and change to new cables since the other guitarists speaker decided to play russian radio everytime he let go of the strings.

minervajane
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by minervajane »

Music can be very powerful. I think you already know that music telling you to die might not be helping. After checking your health and the space cleasning, maybe try playing something a little more on the life affirming side. . . something beautiful. Buddhist chanting might help. I like tibetan flutes and singing bowls, and there's some cool Egyptian music on Youtube. Pink Floyd...anything to help create an environment that is pleasant and one in which you are comfortable.
"Of the two of us, you are the one who is blind . . .blinded by what you see."
-the Blind Man

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Even the most amateur of ghost hunters should be able to come in with their cool gadgets and at least let you know if they find anything or not. They do it for free. It may take a couple weeks to organize the group into one evening but it's a place to start.

N has great advice - start with the basics.

And go get some hematite. You can get it at a craft store if they don't sell it near you. If you can't do that - do have a cast iron frying pan? Get yourself around some iron or steele. That'll ground out and absorb the over-abundance of energy that's making ya nuts here. You're broadcasting it like a radio tower. If you live near the ocean - go for a swim. If you don't - pick up a bag of epsom salts. 4 cups to a nice hot bath and make sure you dip your head under.

Anyone got a link for the hoodoo-ish egg cleansing ritual?

Walmart has hymalayan salt tealight holders for $5 each (in the states). Pick up a couple of those and use them. Change the actual energy in your house.

And have someone come out and do a discharge reading on your breaker box. There's extra juice coming from somewhere. Do you live near high voltage wires or powerlines?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RoseRed wrote:
Anyone got a link for the hoodoo-ish egg cleansing ritual?
This is a fun ritual.

1. Take a raw egg.
2. Rub it from the back of your head to the front of your head.
3. Rub from the shoulder down to the hand. From the heel to the toes and so on.
From the furthers place of you body to your utmost points.
4. Go and bury the egg.

The idea is that the egg draws away any negative energy you might have attached to yourself and then you bury it to contain those energy.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciate them. Though to clear some things up, I have anxiety and sleep/learning disabilities (like math, for instance, I'm terrible at it even now). So I have seen many doctors, including psychiatrists and therapists throughout the years. Starting when my parents split as a kid. I should say that my whole life I've been aware that I'm a bit "different" thus it's been of great help. I am not mentally ill though. I've had many tests to rule all of that out. Physically I do have some ailments and allergies at the moment that aren't going away, but I should explain I've been prone to physical malady as a kid, I suspect due to stress and other negative factors it has come back full force but in a different form. I've thought about the energy being me, and while I agree to some extent, I'm wondering if something else is going on as well.

Regarding the keyboard - As I explained previously, it is not a keyboard from the eighties or nineties, it's fairly new and a entry level/mid range, 76-key Yamaha and its presets were not triggered. What we heard (my friend and I) sounded literally like someone going over and pressing notes by hand for a brief period, it wasn't all dramatic with horns and strings and flair, just the normal piano sound, the notes played, the pressure placed on the keys, etc. This was no automation. And it was powered off each time. No electricity.

Also I listen to a wide range of music, I do like darker stuff as well, but songs like the negative one I gave as an example don't typically come up in my playlist...Darker in tone perhaps but not in lyric quality. I try to be careful about that kind of thing. The stuff I listen to is usually very poetic. Its darkness comes from a different source...

The thing is, if this is more than just my energy, I don't want this thing to go "away" if it isn't actually evil to me. I want to know more, to communicate with it. I still have a feeling something else is going on.

My ex was here last night, he stopped by and while he didn't come in, he told me later he was bothered as he thought I was inside "with someone", having heard noises from outside my door. (I thought this was humorous as I'd left town for a day). Not sure about that, but I'm still curious. It was believable enough for him to think people were in here. I want to check out those suggestions, but I need to set up a proper system for myself. I'm not afraid of it, I don't want it to stop or go away. I just want to know more.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

solace_of_shadows wrote:Thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciate them. Though to clear some things up, I have anxiety and sleep/learning disabilities (like math, for instance, I'm terrible at it even now). So I have seen many doctors, including psychiatrists and therapists throughout the years. Starting when my parents split as a kid. I should say that my whole life I've been aware that I'm a bit "different" thus it's been of great help. I am not mentally ill though. I've had many tests to rule all of that out. Physically I do have some ailments and allergies at the moment that aren't going away, but I should explain I've been prone to physical malady as a kid, I suspect due to stress and other negative factors it has come back full force but in a different form. I've thought about the energy being me, and while I agree to some extent, I'm wondering if something else is going on as well.

Regarding the keyboard - As I explained previously, it is not a keyboard from the eighties or nineties, it's fairly new and a entry level/mid range, 76-key Yamaha and its presets were not triggered. What we heard (my friend and I) sounded literally like someone going over and pressing notes by hand for a brief period, it wasn't all dramatic with horns and strings and flair, just the normal piano sound, the notes played, the pressure placed on the keys, etc. This was no automation. And it was powered off each time. No electricity.

Also I listen to a wide range of music, I do like darker stuff as well, but songs like the negative one I gave as an example don't typically come up in my playlist...Darker in tone perhaps but not in lyric quality. I try to be careful about that kind of thing. The stuff I listen to is usually very poetic. Its darkness comes from a different source...

The thing is, if this is more than just my energy, I don't want this thing to go "away" if it isn't actually evil to me. I want to know more, to communicate with it. I still have a feeling something else is going on.

My ex was here last night, he stopped by and while he didn't come in, he told me later he was bothered as he thought I was inside "with someone", having heard noises from outside my door. (I thought this was humorous as I'd left town for a day). Not sure about that, but I'm still curious. It was believable enough for him to think people were in here. I want to check out those suggestions, but I need to set up a proper system for myself. I'm not afraid of it, I don't want it to stop or go away. I just want to know more.
Okay.
Communicating with spirits/energy is NOT something you should just do because you are curious.
The correct procedures to doing so is pretty complicated if you want SAFE results.

So lets say that we have something that is attached to your space or your energy.
DON'T try and communicate with it the same way as you would do to a human. It's not a human.
You need to clear out your space first. and yourself.
After that, if you still want to invite it and talk to it, you have to get some sort of protection so that it can't get into you.
You also need a specific place to summon/evoke it.
And you need to be able to banish it after you've summoned it and then deconstruct the place you have set up for it.
This is not an easy task and people spend up to 2 years preparing for this.

I can't with good conscious tell you to go after this thing. The better thing would be to clean it out and get rid of it.
If you then decide that you sometime in the future would like to contact this aspect of the universe, you can do so after the correct training.
Chances of communicating with this thing in particular is probably not going to happen. But in the future you might be able to communicate to something similar.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks. I will look more into doing those things, as I've been planning to. Protection, especially. I just don't know how. I should mention I don't have any interest in these matters out of curiosity alone, and certainly none of blind curiosity. I am very seriously interested in studying the occult, not merely playing with it... I am just seeking to find answers, and I do understand that whatever this is, (in the sort of scenario you suggest, if true) is not likely human in any form. I've always been in mind that whatever I perceive is unfortunately through the narrow lense of my humanity.

The reason I spoke in that manner to "it" is because in that moment I was shocked and frightened at the possibility of what was happening. The only fear is in the utter unknown. I wondered about an entity because I've tried to contact certain individuals before, even though I don't really believe in an afterlife anymore. It's paradoxical, some of it involves time and a difference in morality and belief, another involves coming to terms with it in a different manner and, in this case puzzling a bit about with.. I suppose.

I realize these matters are pretty serious are they to be truly of another realm... That is why I am seeking knowledge such as books and things like that on where to start in a specific type of practice. I'm very new to all this and I feel like just doing a random ritual without definitive purpose is useless...so I'm thinking too much about where to begin with it all, and I don't have any idea as what to read about and for it...It's almost overwhelming as there are so many books...But does anyone have any ideas at all? Books, even links or media (or where to find said information) etc.? Thanks.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

solace_of_shadows wrote:Thanks. I will look more into doing those things, as I've been planning to. Protection, especially. I just don't know how. I should mention I don't have any interest in these matters out of curiosity alone, and certainly none of blind curiosity. I am very seriously interested in studying the occult, not merely playing with it... I am just seeking to find answers, and I do understand that whatever this is, (in the sort of scenario you suggest, if true) is not likely human in any form. I've always been in mind that whatever I perceive is unfortunately through the narrow lense of my humanity.
After you have cleaned/cleansed a place you sometimes need protection to prevent it from coming back in.
Herbs is a very good way of doing this but because of you allergies I've come up with some other solutions.

Hang a bright colored glass object in your windows. Green is the prefered color but anything that you feel connected with will help. If you just happen to LOVE the color blue, get that.

Raw iron is great to keep magnetic fields out. Old horseshoes are not that hard to find on ebay or other second hand stores and you can place on in every window. And many also nail one to their door.

The concept of witches bottles has changed over the years and now the same name is used for different objects, but what we are going to do is a protective bottle that is only there to help you.
Place some ammoniac in a small bottle, then add 9 small pins, 9 needles and 9 nails. Wrap it in black electric tape or something else that will contain the smell of it and keep it out of sight from "normal" people.
The reason I spoke in that manner to "it" is because in that moment I was shocked and frightened at the possibility of what was happening. The only fear is in the utter unknown. I wondered about an entity because I've tried to contact certain individuals before, even though I don't really believe in an afterlife anymore. It's paradoxical, some of it involves time and a difference in morality and belief, another involves coming to terms with it in a different manner and, in this case puzzling a bit about with.. I suppose.
Yeah, it's a common rookie mistake.

When you try to contact people from the spiritual realm you almost never reach it and instead end up in the astral realm. What you actually get is a small parasite instead of a spirit.
Now, these small bastards feeds of energy and the more time you spend thinking about it, talking about it and especially talking to it, the more energy it gets. Same thing with strong emotions.
It's obvious that you are going through some ruff times right now and you are a good food source.

That is why you should do the cleaning I talked about earlier. If it's clean and there is nothing to feed of, they move on.
That is why I am seeking knowledge such as books and things like that on where to start in a specific type of practice. I'm very new to all this and I feel like just doing a random ritual without definitive purpose is useless...so I'm thinking too much about where to begin with it all, and I don't have any idea as what to read about and for it...It's almost overwhelming as there are so many books...But does anyone have any ideas at all? Books, even links or media (or where to find said information) etc.? Thanks.
Yes, some books.

http://www.amazon.com/Witchs-Shield-Pro ... tion+magic

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Protect ... tion+magic

http://www.amazon.com/Voodoo-Hoodoo-Spe ... oodoo+book

And then for normal all purpose beginner stuff we often recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Magick-Twe ... 0738715786

This guy has a lot of videos:

https://youtu.be/H9EG7wUQY7M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2g7dPfyyok

So does this guy:
https://youtu.be/tCrfz4don3k

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Place some ammoniac in a small bottle
It works even better when you use urine. Ammonia's just a substitute for the weak stomachs.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RoseRed wrote:
Place some ammoniac in a small bottle
It works even better when you use urine. Ammonia's just a substitute for the weak stomachs.
Yes, this is how it's done traditionally.
But I feel pretty creepy asking another person to go and pee in a bottle.
So let's keep this "over the counter". pg13.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Let's not - the traditional way works better and when you understand the reasons behind it - it's still otc and pg13

The purpose of a witch bottle is to act as a decoy. A person's urine, dead skin cells, cast of hair, etc is a dead taglock.

Sure, go ahead and use ammonia. Come back and let us know how well it worked - if at all.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RoseRed wrote:Let's not - the traditional way works better and when you understand the reasons behind it - it's still otc and pg13

The purpose of a witch bottle is to act as a decoy. A person's urine, dead skin cells, cast of hair, etc is a dead taglock.

Sure, go ahead and use ammonia. Come back and let us know how well it worked - if at all.
I knew you would misunderstand this....

There are 3 different things being called witches bottles right now.
The fake-me version to draws in the negativity.
The ammonia/salt bottle that pushes things away
And a herb bottle that purifies.

It's not just pee that goes into the first one and the burying ritual is a bit more complex.
Using ammoniac, Florida water, cologne or some other strong smelling with a couple of nails will keep most things away. The best thing is that you donut have to bury it.
Adding a bottle with herbs, like sage rosemary and lavender purifies the air around it and makes it harder for negative energy stick around. And it looks kinda cute and you can have it hanging in your window.

So from those 3 methods I chose the one that would be easiest to do and not interfere with her allergies and other problems going on right now.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Then I am very glad you took the time to explain what you meant. Thank you.

Those are very popular right now and they do work for what they do - but they're not witch bottles. They're the watered down version without the 'ick' factor. The different types of bottles do different things - variations and ways of protection.

Witch bottles are for protection from other witches and humans. They really don't do anything for spirits - unless they're made that way. And then it's not a witch bottle - it's a spirit bottle.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RoseRed wrote:Then I am very glad you took the time to explain what you meant. Thank you.

Those are very popular right now and they do work for what they do - but they're not witch bottles. They're the watered down version without the 'ick' factor. The different types of bottles do different things - variations and ways of protection.

Witch bottles are for protection from other witches and humans. They really don't do anything for spirits - unless they're made that way. And then it's not a witch bottle - it's a spirit bottle.
Words and symbols change over time. Since witchcraft takes from many different cultures, you'll eventually end up with different name for the same thing and different things with the same name.

Häxflaska - Translate directly to 'which bottle', but it really refers to the first piece of glass blown at a new plant. It's very often not even a bottle, but more of a blob of green glass that is hung in the window and are believed to keep away witches.

The actually "witches bottles" we used very often ceramic with figurines on it to scare of the evil. Urine, hair and nails was filled together with 9 nails, 9 pins and 9 needles and then buried underneath the door-opening.

In other european cultures an empty egg is used as a "bottle" but is also called 'Witch bottles' or have names that is loosely translated into that.

Heck, even in England you have the word witches bottle covering a large range of topics. Any kind of spell (even love spells) in a bottle is sometimes refereed to 'witch bottle' the same way as a hex bag or mojo bag can be more then one thing.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

No, a mojo bag is only one thing. Just because people en masse use the words incorrectly doesn't make it so.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RoseRed wrote:No, a mojo bag is only one thing. Just because people en masse use the words incorrectly doesn't make it so.
That is actually the definition of language. It's a way to describe and communicate ideas. As the ideas change, the words sometimes also changes.

Return to “Help!”