Clearing Dream-Space of Unwanted Content

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Clearing Dream-Space of Unwanted Content

Post by Yex »

Hi, I had a question about clearing the dream-space of unwanted content. Here's my situation. I used to consume a lot of cannabis, but at a certain point in my life, I decided that it was having a negative effect on me, so I gave it up. In the beginning, it was hard not to want to smoke cannabis, especially when I was around it, but as time passed, and I reprogramed myself, the desire to partake dissipated. I can now be around cannabis without any inclination to consume it... in waking life. In my dreams, however, a very common theme is being "tempted" by cannabis, grappling with whether or not to smoke it, and usually giving in in the end. It's an odd sensation though, because as badly as I want to consume it in my dreams, the moment I wake up the desire vanishes. My assumption is that my dream-space is cluttered with astral residue, as it were, from years of habitual consumption. I don't find the dreams troubling or disturbing, but I do find them dull and tedious. Is there a way I can clear the astral space of my dreams and stop dreaming about cannabis?
"love is the whole and more than all" - ee cummings

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Clearing Dream-Space of Unwanted Content

Post by Ušušur »

Maybe making a Witch bottle with a twist?

Fill the small bottle with nails, thorns etc. and some cannabis. That way, the bottle won't attract just any negative stuff, but specifically your desire for weed. Of course, you should consciously do all this, not just fill the bottle thinking about something mundane. Maybe, in this particular case, you should use only cannabis and heavily focus only on that, your desire for weed.

Go to sleep. Dream about that stuff. It would probably be great if you could wake up during such a dream (perhaps it doesn't matter). Wake up and while this desire is still strong with you in this after-wake state spit into bottle (maybe even better to put some blood or urine). Then seal the bottle with wax and carve inscription on it. Perhaps try naming your desire in dream. This might sound like you'll strengthen it, but I think it'll help you to locate it. If it has a name, you can carve that name onto wax seal of your bottle.

Then bury this bottle upside down somewhere so no one can ever find it or unbury it. Do this during total eclipse of the Moon.

I mean... if you can capture negative thoughts, maybe the same works for unwanted dreams.

*consult with a Witch if you actually decide to do it this way

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

These dreams are a common experience for those quitting a drug - if they aren't bothering you during your day to day life or causing you to feel inclined to return to taking the drug, then I would just let them take their course, and they will gradually reduce and eventually cease all together (although this will take a while).

I'm not sure of any methods of actively stopping these dreams - you could experiment, but it seems like doing so would be more likely to reinforce your preoccupation with the drug and so it's appearance in your dreams. I think you'd be best to just let things play out naturally, limit your exposure to the drug and try to not dwell on it, replace your previous preoccupation with it with other activities, and eventually the dreams will go away.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

Rin: Thanks, that helps to put things in perspective. I guess I should probably just be patient.

Ušušur: Thanks for the suggestion. If it ever gets to a point that I'm actively bothered by it, I may try that out (after consulting a witch).

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

When I quit smoking cigarettes, I would frequently dream about smoking. They did eventually go away.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

My assumption is that my dream-space is cluttered with astral residue, as it were, from years of habitual consumption. I don't find the dreams troubling or disturbing, but I do find them dull and tedious. Is there a way I can clear the astral space of my dreams and stop dreaming about cannabis?
I highly doubt it's astral clutter, although it's a nice thought. It's more likely that you really don't want to quit - not all the way deep down - and your dreams are showing you your internal conflict. Or I could be totally offbase.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

RoseRed wrote: It's more likely that you really don't want to quit - not all the way deep down - and your dreams are showing you your internal conflict. Or I could be totally offbase.
As I mentioned, one of the primary characteristics of this phenomenon is the suddenness with which the desire dissipates upon waking up. The moment I awaken, the desire which, a moment before, was consuming, becomes a mere curiosity, and I almost view it as amusing, albeit also somewhat tedious. So there's certainly no conscious desire to resume cannabis use - as I noted, I feel no desire to partake in its consumption when I'm around people smoking it, and I should add that it has been several years since I quit. Of course, you have no reason to believe that I'm not full of shit in this matter, but I myself know it to be true.

It seems more likely, though, that you are suggesting that I have an unconscious desire to resume cannabis use that it is somehow suppressed in my waking life, but which rears its head when I dream. This is entirely possible - although, assuming that it's true, I wouldn't know what to do with that piece of information. Whether the "residue" of wanting to smoke cannabis exists externally or internally, it is alien to my day-to-day thought processes, and, while not troubling, is annoying. It's as if every few nights I was visited by the phantom of me from an earlier time in my life, and he's kind of overstayed his welcome.

Edit: Also, by the by:
I highly doubt it's astral clutter, although it's a nice thought.
Why don't you think that it's astral clutter? Wouldn't years of doing something on the physical plane indicate that there'd be some longer-lasting corresponding content on the astral plane?

superhitman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by superhitman »

yex I suggest you try the rose cross ritual with dragons blood incense it will work on your astral body clear it protect it etc.

Return to “Help!”