Symbol seen in a dream - need help to identify

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

stess72
Forum Member
Forum Member

Symbol seen in a dream - need help to identify

Post by stess72 »

Hello everybody,

I saw a symbol in a dream and I feel that it could help me with some strange stuff that is happening to me lately. Does anyone know what this symbol could be?

Many thanks for your help! :)
Symbole.jpg

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Symbol seen in a dream - need help to identify

Post by Caerdon »

What did you take a picture of if it was in your dream?

Anyways, I recognize that symbol... though it doesn't seem to be a part of any of the usual magickal languages that i know... not Sumerian, not Bobileth, not Enochian, not Malichim, not Thebian... I've tapped out of all the language one's I know, I'll see if any of my other resources on symbols holds it.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

stess72
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by stess72 »

Hello Caerdon! Thanks for your reply :) In fact, I was able to draw it from memory so it is a picture I took from my drawing, because I wanted to post it and ask for poeple help. Hope one of your resources will give me the answer :)

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

Hi stress72

It looks very similar to the alchemical symbol for cobalt or possibly one of the less frequently used symbols for copper. I don't know whether the properties of either element might have any meaning for you?

stess72
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by stess72 »

Hi Hellebore,
Thanks for your reply :) I looked for cobalt and cooper symbols and yes, they look similar, but what I saw in my dream, the half-circle was in the bottom, so I'm not sure what it is.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Like so? The circle on top confuses me unless it's being used in certain contexts, but I recognize the energy of the lower part as the Yr Rune from the Younger Futhark and Armanen Futhork.

~:Shin:~

stess72
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by stess72 »

Hi Shinichi,
Thanks for your answer! Well, if I make abstraction of the top circle I saw in my dream, yes the rest of it is what you show me. I'm just a bit confused cause I clearly saw that circle, but I will check the meaning of that Yr rune

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Was it a necklace or something like that? That would explain the circle. It could also be a bindrune, which is a combination of different magical runes and symbols - in this case, the Yr and the Magick Circle. I can definitely see that energy there, even if that isn't it's primary intent.

Or it could be something else entirely. It doesn't feel like Cobalt, though. Maybe a variation of Mercury. I dunno.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

I tried to search a little as I was curious and one thing that came to my mind was Ankh. Thou I understand 3 lines on bottom are nothing like that of Ankh.

I will dwell a little, maybe I will find some clue.

Hope you will prevail with this one :)

Praise Teh Sun [cool]

Edit: The Aten symbol is similar too.

Planetary symbol of Venus is the closest I think.
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 09.04.02.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 09.04.02.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 16332 times
This is what I was thinking of. If the symbol you saw *is* cobalt then on a pretty boring level it could be telling you you are low on Vit B12, of which cobalt in the form of cobalamin is an important constituent. [wink] Cobalt's more common association though is with the rare and intense blue pigment used in medieval artwork.

Good luck with your search!

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

''In writing and typography, a ligature occurs where two or more graphemes or letters are joined as a single glyph. Ligatures usually replace consecutive characters sharing common components and are part of a more general class of glyphs called "contextual forms", where the specific shape of a letter depends on context such as surrounding letters or proximity to the end of a line.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typographic_ligature

I didn't know runes have this fancy name for ligatures (bindrunes). Sounds very cool! 8)

Anyway, ligatures are known to distort 'old' symbols. So by combining two symbols into a new one, some lines may get lost or distorted.

Your symbol might be a ligature of glagolitic A+S (symbols in red circle), though perhaps a bit stylistic. It might also be an upside-down symbol (symbol in green). Glagoljica has over 200 known ligatures (and God-knows how much unknown ones).

A+S means 'sa' or 'with'. It may also mean number 201. The green symbol, originally, means Š, or 'šta'. It can mean 'what' or 'some-thing'. Inverted, like in your dream, I would translate it as 'no-thing', 'nothing'.

This is all far-fetched, but I just had some fun trying to find your symbol. Hope this didn't additionally confused you. [grin]
Attachments
tumblr_nj293fMyUk1qj2br0o1_400.jpg
tumblr_nj293fMyUk1qj2br0o1_400.jpg (65.85 KiB) Viewed 16332 times

stess72
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by stess72 »

Hello everybody! Wow what a nice surprise this morning with all these interesting replies :)

Shinichi, when you say that you see that energy, what do you mean?
Maya the generator, hellebore and Ušušur, I will dig deeper your ideas. I think that maybe if I put together all possibilities I might see something obvious. God it feels like we are in a movie, trying to figure out what that symbol means lol

MadMarchy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MadMarchy »

I can't help but notice it looks strikingly similar to the symbol for Uranus, albeit inverted.

If it is, Uranus is typically associated with an unexpected change and/or breakthrough. Looking at things a different way.

Inverted, it could be a symbol that you're feeling stagnant, or that things aren't changing in a way you would like. Maybe it's time to look for opportunities to change course in order to better yourself. [thumbup]
Simply an arbiter.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Ušušur, that is a brilliant find. Thank you for bringing that up.
stess72 wrote:Shinichi, when you say that you see that energy, what do you mean?
Every image, symbol, pictograph, glyph, rune, letter, sound, and so on in the entire world has an innate meaning and energy, often charged by the person who originally formed it (or by nature, in the case of those things which are borrowed and not made up) and reinforced by everyone who has used it that way thereafter. Because of my lessons in Rune Magick, Sigil Magick, Kotodama, Power Symbols and various other like things, I have learned how to pay attention to that innate energy. Since every individual symbol and sound vibrates at a different frequency, each have a different mundane or magical use, and so a big part of this particular type of magick is learning how to sense and manipulate that energy in very specific ways to get very specific results.

My seeing a particular Runic force in your dream symbol does not automatically mean it is a Runic symbol, though. It just means that part of the energy in the symbol is, based on my own experience with different forces, comparable to the specific vibration-energy of the Yr Rune. The circle still confuses me, though.

stess72
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by stess72 »

MadMarchy, you're right, it looks a lot like my symbol, and in fact, the interpretation you gave talks to me :)
Shinichi, thanks for this great explanation.
I have a lot of great suggestions here and I will try to put this all together

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Looking at it now... it looks like an inverted Aciel sigil.
All that's missing is the middle circle, which could have easily been forgotten in transition from dreaming and waking
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

How about a monkey wrench? Bindrunes or stylized sigils lol
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Hecataeus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hecataeus »

Hi stess72.

I realise I'm very late to the party with this, but stumbled across your question whilst searching for something else. Don't know if you found an answer, but the symbol you have drawn is a modern variant of the alchemical sigil for crocus veneris (copper oxide, which was sometimes referred to as burnt brass).
You can see an example of this sigil on page 343 of the Dictionary of Occult, Hermetic & Alchemical Sigils by Fred Gettings, published by Routledge & Kegan Paul (ISBN 0-7100-0095-2).

Here's a link to a PDF version http://www.labirintoermetico.com/04Icon ... Sigils.pdf

I genuinely hope you found your meaning.

Kind regards,

Hecataeus

Return to “Help!”