sorccerers , wiccan's language ?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

xxtraminimal
Forum Member
Forum Member

sorccerers , wiccan's language ?

Post by xxtraminimal »

Is there someone who can explain to me where the wiccan language cames from ?
if you read the goetia in aleister's version he uses a language... ( is this enochian ) ?

where and how to learn the wiccan language ?
and is there any recouse how to learn enochian ?

i also ave all works off jhon dee, the first book is the enochian tablets,
i have to say, that it is hard to decode.
for me it makes no sence how to use the tablets, and certainley not because i dont know what i pronounce ( language as you al now is very powerfull ) it is the food for a starting nation ... in some sence
i dont think i can learn the langauge by decoding the tablets or can i ?

but more about the languae about the witch is required for me.
i somewhere read that it is not that hard to learn but i dont know where to start.

And last do you believe Enochian is a angelic languange ? for me it is not a rare idee that it is in fact alien,
what do you think? alien or angelic or demonic.
i have sleep paralysis and all people who have it think that it is more than a sleep disorder but more a preceprion to the spiritual, a vial falls of.
then when combining those, much who have sleep paralisis have abduction storys.

This leads me to the question: are angels a allien kind, anccestors if you wand, where we make contact with ( or try to )
what if we are the allien and not the ruling race ?
thanks

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: sorccerers , wiccan's language ?

Post by Caerdon »

First, there is no Official one Wiccan language (so far as I know). Wiccans use different languages in their spells and rituals, ranging from Latin to Greek, Norse, Gaelic, Olde English, and from modern day languages to even ancient Sumerian, but that's because that's what the spells and rites where originally written in in the regions that they where preformed and created in.

Enochian is considered to be the language of angels, though that always struck me as odd due to the fact that almost everywhere that I look all the angel's names are written in the Malachim script (assuming it's not written in Hebrew). Personally, I just think it's just another language that people used to use.

Technically, all you need is one completed translated sentence to decode a language... well those who do it for a living can do so, but it shows that it is possible. You should be able to find the information and lessons on learning the Enochian Language on google. But yes, by decoding the tablets you should be able to learn the language if you are diligent about it.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

xxtraminimal
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by xxtraminimal »

k, and thank you !
i have all jhonn dees work, like mentioned before
enochian tablets are the first series, but the language is so much diffrent then the one i am familair with.
like they link aleister to hermetic, and hermetic to have some roots in enouchian, but still ... everything i learned fom hermetics is hebrew not enochian

an what about that languge aleister is using in the goetia ? like...

ar, thaio,rheibet, athelebreseth
A, blatha, Abeu, Ebeu, phi£
Thhitasoe, ib, thiao
.... what is this ?

sounds like... enochian ?
or is like a mix of hebrew and latin ??

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Crowley was batshit insane and a drug addict. A lot of what he was writing was just riddles and nonsense.

MagicianWolfe
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MagicianWolfe »

Desecrated wrote:Crowley was batshit insane and a drug addict. A lot of what he was writing was just riddles and nonsense.
Agreed, though he must have done a few things correctly because anymore you almost can't talk about magick with out having his name come up in the conversation.
The world isn't evil, Man is.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

MagicianWolfe wrote:
Desecrated wrote:Crowley was batshit insane and a drug addict. A lot of what he was writing was just riddles and nonsense.
Agreed, though he must have done a few things correctly because anymore you almost can't talk about magick with out having his name come up in the conversation.
He was a really really good salesman, and figured out that newspapers would actually pay him for his little stories. Had he been alive today, he would have had a twitter account, a facebook page, instagram, reddit and most likely a webcam service....
And from time to time, he wrote some really good short articles on magick.

xxtraminimal
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by xxtraminimal »

ok, butt still, whom today have that thing alaister had ?
where dos his knowledege came from ?

every one is addicted... it may be ( soda, food, sigarets alcohol even common sences lik pain or regret, dreaming.. ) is this sounding redicoulus ?
then again i hear in a topic here, a langauge that wiccan uses? witch is that ?

is i voodoo related ?
so, no one takes aleister seriousley ? i dont either but still ..

superhitman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by superhitman »

the Wiccan language is very mysterious you would spend a life time collecting books and studying this subject. It originally came from spirits and what it originally was from is from a pantheon of Gods that were attributed to original wicca it kind of has been changed like every thing else occultic for use in the future because a lot of liberal use of ancient occult is dangerous. So my advice to you is enjoy what language you can learn in life in your practice.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Why do I always miss posts like these, and let such poor answers rack up?...

First off, Caerdon is the only one who said anything smart here so far (that I managed to read, before being prompted to post.)
There has never been a "Wiccan" language, because wicca is entirely a new-age construct created from poorly pieced together schools of thought.

To actually answer your easiliy-googlable question: Enochian is a language channeled by John Dee, and is supposedly the language of the Angels. However, it's a made up language, just as every other "magick" language that's been "discovered."
Being fabricated doesn't deny its power.

A lot of Witches (different from Wiccans) have been known to use Theban in their spells, especially for writing. Another "magick" language with debatable roots.

Seeing as how witches come from every walk of the globe, more often than not, they use their native tongue for their spellwork.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Classical and not so classical scripts for ritual purposes linked here below and to the OP:

I think you may be trying to deScribe Theban or Malachim scripts:

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/theban.htm

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/malachim.htm

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/enochian.htm

There's a lot more available on the site too.

Happy encoding!
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

xxtraminimal
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by xxtraminimal »

How to prenounce theban? I am grom Belgium. Makes iT more dificult. Theban to english english to dutch...
I have this problem all the time..

Most sites are english, not mich to find in duch subscrition

(I mean, once i kan concert he langaunge to dutch and make it understandable to me, does not explaine the richt prenounceation )

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

That's a very valid point, I'm not sure about pronunciation as I don't use any of these scripts as spoken words.

I'll have some time later on this week, so will go hunting and ask around for solutions.

Maybe other members will know or be able to help/ find languages other than English interpretations of the sounds/words/ letters too.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Apologies for the delay in response.

Malachim is derived from Hebrew and Greek, so would follow their pronunciation principles closest. Theban , is derived from Latin, so the same should apply.

You can download fonts for Enochian, Malachim and Theban, among others, from the Omniglot site, so perhaps you could then cross translate into Dutch from this?

Enochian pronunciation, I can only find in English so far, sorry...and I'm aware there is some dispute over certain pronunciations, but this is one version below, anyway.

http://hermetic.com/norton/prcallsc.htm

I'll keep looking as I have time, but hopefully someone will spot this, who knows more than I do. [thumbup]

Return to “Help!”