How to deal with fear?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

BellaZarah
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to deal with fear?

Post by BellaZarah »

Hi I'm new here and I just thought I might explain my situation. I'm 16 and im very interested in the occult and witchcraft but my parents are very strict Jehovah's witnesses. Im afraid of doing any spells or anything because I'm afraid they will find out. If they find out I might be kicked out or even shunned. I've realised that Jehovah's witnesses are a cult but Im still afraid of armageddon/the end of the world. This holds me back from doing what I want because I'm afraid I will be killed. Is there any ways I can get over this fear? How can I do spells without being caught? Thanks.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: How to deal with fear?

Post by Desecrated »

This is a problem that a lot of young practitioners are facing. As long as you are living in someone else house you should really respect their wishes and demands.

There is however a lot of things you can do that within the confound of religious practice.
There isn't that much difference between prayer and casting a spell, so you can cast spells the same way as you do your prayer.

Matthew 6:6
6 But when you pray, go away by yourself, all alone, and shut the door behind you and pray to your Father secretly, and your Father, who knows your secrets, will reward you.

You can also work with positive affirmations silently in your head, and most forms of meditation can be done sitting in a chair.

If you want to work specifically with witchcraft there is a lot of energy work and earth magic that you can do that to the outside world looks like nothing else then daydreaming.

BellaZarah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by BellaZarah »

Thanks for your advice :)

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

You can also try it when nobody is home or late at night privately when nobody is watching you. Just hide your stuff or make up convincing excuses for having them.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Got to second Desecrated's suggestion to respect your parents' home, if only because the clashing energies and fear of getting caught will impact your work negatively. Going outside to draw energy from nature for magic is a great idea. I would also suggest (as a practitioner raised in a fundamentalist background myself) that you need to take some time to release your fear of hell BEFORE casting any spells. This can be done in any number of ways. I went through a rebirthing ritual where I visualized my current belief system as a structure, created a physical resemblance of the structure, and ritualistically destroyed it piece by piece. It allowed me a few months of peaceful inner "floating" without holding any beliefs whatsoever, which eventually led me to the path I'm on now. However you choose to do it, the first magical work you do should be on yourself. Otherwise you'll be constantly second-guessing your own practice, which creates roadblocks to getting good results and increases the risk of backlash.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

IfAndSo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by IfAndSo »

When you created the visualization of the belief system, did it have specific elements that represented certain beliefs? I guess I'm wondering if one would have to know exactly what beliefs are affecting one negatively, or if one can discharge them just as well, not being that clear about it?

Return to “Help!”