Ritual Time during the work-day;

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ritual Time during the work-day;

Post by Haelos »

Seeing as we're all magicians here, in one way or another, I'm sure I can't be the only one to have this type of question.

So, in the job I work, I have very little say as to what goes on. I can manage a cigarette break occasionally, and that's about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty much dedicated to my assigned tasks the entire work day.

Now, I have rituals that are to be performed at certain times of the day, or certain days of the week.
I could always skip a ritual. It's no huge deal, and I've been doing so enough to be used to it.

But I have an important question.

Are there any steps I could take to ensure that I obtain the proper time for my rituals, during the work day? After all, it is technically a type of religious expression, and should fall under the same laws of the country as other similar pursuits.

I know I could just ask my boss, but that requires going very out-of-my-way to first interact with them on a more personal basis, and then ask permission for something they may not understand. Then, I'd have to take time to explain, and I could just get into more issues from there.

Really, I'm only asking for about ten minutes out of my work day to perform my daily adorations. This would only happen once per work shift, if at all, and it wouldn't be intrusive, by any means. I could even go outside behind our store, so as not to draw suspicion of any real kind.

I'm just curious about how I would go about such a thing. Is there some type of process involved in the workplace when asking for religious expression?
My previous work never caused this to be an issue, and in fact, until recently, I didn't really have any type of rituals that would interfere with my work hours. But with daily solar adorations, and working regular 9-5s, I'm actually putting myself on a lot more restricted of a schedule.

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated. Personal experience is appreciated over all else.

Does anyone else have similar issues with their professions? Have you managed any clever hacks to get around these issues?
Share any details you might have. No information hurts.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Ritual Time during the work-day;

Post by TheSeeker »

I think your success with this will depend upon the labour laws where you live, won't it?

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Do the ritual mentally.
Beloved of Set

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Hadit wrote:Do the ritual mentally.
Yes ! As easy as this may sound it is one of the best ways. I tried to do LBRP this way a few times in public places. I would say this way it is even more effective.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Yes I would just go into a light trance and do the ritual at a point in the day where I have especially mundane or repetitive work to do. You can construct an inner temple for this and visualize performing the ritual inside perfectly.

You could also ask for a cigarette break and do it then, or (depending on the laws in your country) say you're Muslim or some other religion that has daily prayer times and ask for a short break.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Return to “Help!”