How to do magick safely in a "anti-witchcraft" country?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to do magick safely in a "anti-witchcraft" country?

Post by Liberator »

Although its not listed under law apparently people here may have a strong anti-occult or anti-witchcraft sentiment. Last time some guy tried to do a ritual during the daytime - afternoon somebody reported him to the police and council, so he moved spots in the park and did it again only to be reported/caught again at about 4 pm. Being sent to jail for "environmental harm". Its the most commonly used thing by the communities living here who dislike practitioners out in the open in order to get them into legal trouble. The rangers and etc can come after you.
Last edited by Liberator on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to do magick safely in a "anti-witchcraft" country?

Post by RockDemon »

You are lucky they will report police, in my country they might as well beat you so practice it secretely [wink]

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

RockDemon wrote:You are lucky they will report police, in my country they might as well beat you so practice it secretely [wink]
What happens if some work involves doing it out in the open such as if dirt, soil or some natural place is involved? Also I believe the jail sentences can be pretty long.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Long jail sentences for occult oh sorry. May I ask what country are you in?

Still there are many ways to do it secretly. For instance, I wake up early at 5 am. Usually, there are no people during that time in the parks. Or if you have a specific time, maybe you should go to the wilds.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

RockDemon wrote:Long jail sentences for occult oh sorry. May I ask what country are you in?

Still there are many ways to do it secretly. For instance, I wake up early at 5 am. Usually, there are no people during that time in the parks. Or if you have a specific time, maybe you should go to the wilds.
Aus, clockwork lives in the neighbouring country near us. You do not get sentenced for the reason "occult" literally. A different name and wording is used, you get reported + sentenced for "environmental harm", "vandalism" or "attempted arson". I heard the guy got sentenced for about 3 years but not completely sure.

They report you to the council or police, majority of nation's politics is dominated/run by Traditionalist Conservative Catholics I heard but not saying all Catholics are bad.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Liberator wrote:
RockDemon wrote:Long jail sentences for occult oh sorry. May I ask what country are you in?

Aus, clockwork lives in the neighbouring country near us. You do not get sentenced for the reason "occult" literally. A different name and wording is used, you get reported + sentenced for "environmental harm", "vandalism" or "attempted arson". I heard the guy got sentenced for about 3 years but not completely sure.

They report you to the council or police, majority of nation's politics is dominated/run by Traditionalist Conservative Catholics I heard but not saying all Catholics are bad.
Australia???I always wanted to retire there! :(

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

You do silent magick in the comfort of your home. Or go far out in the woods.
If black women in the bible belt south could practice magic when it was practically legal to lynch people so can you.
You just have to be a little bit creative. Finds ways to hide your magic so that it doesn't look like magic. Or even better; so that it looks like Catholicism.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Desecrated wrote:You do silent magick in the comfort of your home. Or go far out in the woods.
If black women in the bible belt south could practice magic when it was practically legal to lynch people so can you.
You just have to be a little bit creative. Finds ways to hide your magic so that it doesn't look like magic. Or even better; so that it looks like Catholicism.
And some aren't even for religious reasons but for social conformity. Anything out of place makes people "weird out" or hostile sometimes.

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EEHC »

In the comfort of your home, at night. Set up a magickal altar and do some rituals.

https://www.llewellyn.com/blog/2010/05/ ... ar-part-1/
https://www.llewellyn.com/blog/2010/05/ ... ar-part-2/

If you have a wood nearby than you may attempt a foray at times. But don't get yourself into trouble.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Liberator wrote:How to do magick safely in a "anti-witchcraft" country?
As it has traditionally been done:
Volere•Audere•Scire•Tacere
To Will, to Dare, to Know, to Keep Silent.
[eek]

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

RockDemon wrote:
Liberator wrote:

Australia???I always wanted to retire there! :(
The world's biggest nanny state in reality: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendez ... b40af36b47

Return to “Help!”