2 Scary Dreams

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

2 Scary Dreams

Post by chowderpope »

I've just recently started studying astral projection/OBE and have been trying it for a couple of nights with no major success yet. On the two nights I tried it I had scary events in my dreams which I will outline below:

1. A skinny/sickly child with pale white skin crawled into bed with me. I recognized him as an unwanted presence so I grabbed him/wrestled him and forced him to run away. I looked at his face and it had no features, only skin covering where the eyes/mouth should be.

2. I went out a doorway (going from indoors to outdoors) and the door seemed to be possessed. It swung and vibrated as if it were conscious. I ran and got someone friendly to observe the door's strange behavior, and sure enough the door continued to swing and vibrate in the presence of another witness. As we stood watching in awe, an unknown man quickly approached me from the side of the house and sighed loudly. It spooked me enough to wake me up.

These might just be mundane dreams, nothing special, but I wanted to post just in case this happens to strike someone as being indicative of something particular.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: 2 Scary Dreams

Post by Nahemah »

Threshold events.

Doors are symbolic of this and the sick child is interesting.

When we stretch our psychic senses part of us wants to shut it down, it's primal and protective. Pushing past this often involves dealing with unconscious and sub conscious fears and worries and sometimes we can fix some underlying stuff along the way too.

This is my approach, but it is only one and you may not feel it helpful. But it's how I'd deal with it.

Heal the sick child, give him/ her a face. I tend towards compassion in these things cos I'm a bit of a hippy.

You found someone friendly, who? Can you describe them?

Touch the door. Does it have a handle or any other features?

Speak with the sigher should he return, perhaps too?

You may find things are different next time, or it may repeat, but it seems you are progressing to me. This is a step or stage along the way.

Adventure awaits.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Thanks Nahemah. That's an interesting idea to give the child a face and be kind to him. I assumed he wanted to harm me but maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. He didn't actually try to harm me in the dream, he only wanted to be close to me.

The friendly person was someone I know although I can't remember who. I think the door in my dream represented, like you said, the threshold I am wanting to cross. I want to explore the possibility but am afraid. The person who sighed scared the crap out of me. Imagine opening your door at night and a stranger approaches your door quickly, my reaction was purely fear.

I am actually afraid some astral vampire is going to attack me if I have an OBE. Based on the crazy stuff I read on this forum, it doesn't seem too unlikely. Any advice for how I can feel more confident about it?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I want to explore the possibility but am afraid. The person who sighed scared the crap out of me. Imagine opening your door at night and a stranger approaches your door quickly, my reaction was purely fear.

I am actually afraid some astral vampire is going to attack me if I have an OBE. Based on the crazy stuff I read on this forum, it doesn't seem too unlikely. Any advice for how I can feel more confident about it?
You've already started. Realising and admitting it's scary is the first step. It is, but you get used to it and you can ground that out.

I am quite highly strung by nature and I've closelined people coming at me too fast, apparently out of nowhere irl, usually with a lot of apology needed later and explanations of why its not wise to rush around me or blindside me. I've done the same in dreamtime, I'm rather true to my wakeful self in these respects.

When you are lucid in dreams you are in your own mind, you are bridging the conscious/ subconscious/ unconscious selves and you are mapping your dreamscape and experiencing it as you go. The mastery of this belongs with you, the fearful things are part of who you are or where you've been/ are going to go. You own these mansions, you should not be the servant in your own mind.

Don't be afraid of astral anything, there's no need. If you should OBE and you don't feel ready, you can come back in, just relax and flow with it, it can be jerky if you rush back and quite diorientating for a bit, all whirlygig and dizzy, lol, but seriously. I work in warded space, mostly out of habit these days, that's worth mentioning here too.

Sorry for delay in replying but I was a bit under the weather, toothache and allergies, Fun times.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep you posted on any progress. Feel better soon!

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

chowderpope wrote: I am actually afraid some astral vampire is going to attack me if I have an OBE. Based on the crazy stuff I read on this forum, it doesn't seem too unlikely. Any advice for how I can feel more confident about it?
If the fear-barrier becomes a problem, you can always set up a protection ritual before you begin practicing. Or create a magick mirror for protection. There are also various fluid condensers, like the oil of abramelin.

I find it a great help to meditate on fear as well. Get into the habit if fully experiencing your fear whenever it arises throughout the day, even when it comes as worry, angst and uncertainty. Try to pinpoint the reasons it's coming up, and then find a way to let go of it.

If you're able to master the mental and emotional control bit, it will be a great help when you get better at projecting!
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Help!”