Unicursal hexagram for banishing

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

mkh0013
Forum Member
Forum Member

Unicursal hexagram for banishing

Post by mkh0013 »

I have been using Lyam Thomas Christopher's Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self Transformation. Lyam uses unicursal hexagrams instead of traditional Golden Dawn hexagrams in his curriculum. The problem I have recently encountered concerns the use of unicursal hexagrams in order to banish Saturn. Lyam instructs readers to banish beginning at the top of the hexagram and then "down and to the right." However, when I research other sources, I find that banishing "down and to the right" is cited as being an invoking hexagram of Saturn rather than a banishing. Other sources instruct to banish "down and to the left" in order to banish Saturn. Which is correct? Is there some kind of rationale to his use of an invoking hexagram to banish Saturn?

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Unicursal hexagram for banishing

Post by Daud »

To banish vector to the bottom left. Banishing is counter clockwise.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

mkh0013
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mkh0013 »

Thanks for the response. Your answer is consistent with many of the immediate sources I found online. However, I recently read portions of Israel Regardie's, Ceremonial Magic, and found that unicursal hexagram banishing or invoking is to be done differently. Regardie writes, "N.B. Cardinal rule is to move towards planetary angle to invoke- away from to banish. Signs of the Zodiac may be dealt with by employing their planetary rulers." This makes sense of Lyam's methods of banishing and invoking via unicursal hexagram that are found in his Kabbalah Magic text. When looked at this way, the unicursal hexagram method of banishing / invoking is now consistent with pentagram banishing / invoking.

Again, Regardie instructs to "move towards planetary angle to invoke- away from to banish."

Is this consistent with traditional hexagram banishing, or is it unique to the unicursal hexagram?

math1061
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by math1061 »

That's so weird.

Return to “Help!”