Let me do a reading for you

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Let me do a reading for you

Post by fraterai »

Like, probably, many of you, I have spent most of my mystical career as a hermit and have had very few "occult" acquaintances, let alone friends (excluding my close family, like my brother) IRL. I've also made the point that divination is one of the main focus of my practices as of late, but restriced it to myself and my very close relationships, verfiable only by myself. These things being said, I would like to try my chances as offering an open divination to the users of this forum. There are two goals to this, namely, to test myself and to increase my skills at delivering the interpretation to people who aren't me.

Here are the rules, which will result, most likely, in a "corrective" message from me, or else a complete ignore if violated:

1) You will private message me a single question with as much or as little background as you desire. Of course more information is good if you want a serious and deep interpretation on my part, and less is good if you are assisting in "testing" me, (keep in mind taking this attitude too far will certainly result in failure). If you provide much background please clearly state where the specific question is.

2) You absolutely will respond to me with a follow-up. I don't really care how "harsh" you are in this follow up, but I am pretty well trained in experimental procedure (being a scientist and engineer by day), and I am more so looking for clear responses, not as to where you think I was "wrong" (it is better to think that we _miscommunicated_, either me and the spirits, or me and you, as this is really the truth), but simply the results of the matter. Again this is up to you, but remember you are helping me with details and honesty, and hopefully I am helping you, even if it is only in offering a fresh perspective.

3) All questions and answers will remain confidential. We both reserve the right, at any time, to ignore a received message and its contents without any personal slight against the other. (But I am hoping you will at least send me "wrong" or "disliked reading" or "forget it". :) )

I would like to add, finally, that I am a very, very approachable and understanding person with a lot of life and occult experience to offer. You will not shock me with your question. I repeat, nothing you say to me will shock me, I will NOT preach to you. I am well balanced and informed in the occult, "black" and "white". I will be more turned off by you not following my three rules, or being a blatant troll.

The method of divination is by playing cards, custom made in representation and symbol by myself, but you will not receive these specific results, only an answer (with perhaps some response questions leading to a second divination and response), fully expecting a reply on your behalf, hopefully with a reasonable amount of substance. I MAY consult the I-Ching in the process, in which case you will receive the trigrams and interpretation.

Thank you for your interest in helping me grow and learn! As all of this will be done through PM, I am not expecting many thread replies, but certainly a good review can't hurt, or any questions you have at all.

PS - I performed a reading as to whether or not I should even make this post, and it was nothing but positive, and oozing with "help from friends". The actual reading will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, and my responses do not take too long to get through, but of course I do have a life and may not be able to get to your question, don't take this personally. I am pretty actively checking this forum.

-AI
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Let me do a reading for you

Post by Kami »

So...
How does this work on a deeper level?

If someone has a ton of bad karma,
Your reading of them should result in a negative divination,
Right? Or no?

And would it be the same for someone who has a ton of good karma - resulting in a positive divination?

O.O
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

As far as my experience goes, I do everything in terms of a single question. That sort of sets the context. So, a General reading of someone's karma should be pretty clear to me.

As far as someone's karma influencing the results of my readings, I have no idea. From my experience in other areas I absolutely will not rule out that I will come across a case where I will not be able to get a clear answer (this has happened to me personally in a divination). But that is still an answer, as it is a clear "try again later" 8 ball response. Again I don't have enough data with others, and I will keep this in mind during my analysis (readings and post-followup). Thanks K!

namedforthemoon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by namedforthemoon »

I think this sounds really interesting, and I would like to try it, but I have no idea what kind of a question to ask.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Thanks for chiming in :) I have actually received over 20 messages from this thread, and have gotten very positive results and responses. Thank you to everyone who has taken part, and sorry if I missed a question or two here or there! It has been really cool to be able to talk to all of you and to have the opportunity to branch out from my own world, and I think I have been able to help a lot of you, you have certainly all helped me.

About what to ask, PM me and we can talk about it! You can ask anything you like

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Dang. I always miss the good stuff.

I'm sure there are folk hereabouts who would like to see me dissected, lol.

Too many rules though.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

What did you miss? This is ongoing and I just do them as I can, some get skipped for reasons and others for no reason, life.

No one will witness it unless you want them to! Haha

The rules are mainly just common sense and I don't think you would violate them even if you didn't read them :) just clarity and bases being covered

Return to “Help!”