First evoking ritual

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Malevolent1
Forum Member
Forum Member

First evoking ritual

Post by Malevolent1 »

Greetings, first I would like to say hello to every member of this form as a long time reader, first time poster.

Now the reason for this post is I had several questions I was hoping to grasp some clarity in when it comes to the art of summoning. Allow me to start with some biography on myself for clarity as a new member.

I have studied up on the occult and magick since I was about 22 (3 years ago) I was instantly mezmorized and wanted to continue to expand my knowledge on the history, growth, rituals, meditation, magick and spirits (demons, angels, gods, etc). After lots of studying as many good books on the subject I could find I dove into meditation. My mental state has feel has grown rather sharply especially over the last six month's to the point where when I meditate daily I literally get the feeling that I have left this plane after a few moments. I found this to be the most curious of sensations because truly when I first started my studies I was a little reluctant to believe some of the anomalies spoken of in texts I had read from. Due to my increased skills in meditation, my greater understanding of magick and my diminished skepticism I gained from meditation I am interesting in performing my first summoning ritual within the next year. So below are some questions I was hoping I could have answered.

1. I have had issues trying to find any books with evoking magicks or rituals, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot but if anyone could point me in the direction or even recommend a book to me themselves it would be greatly appreciated.

2.Again I do know many deitys and figures but still want to learn more before I make my decision who to summon, I was wondering if there is an index of sorts on different spirits that can be summoned.

3.Is it always recommended to used protective spells when evoking? I don't plan on trying to manifest anything too powerful or aggressive especially for my first time, but I also heard the during these rituals sometimes unwanted visitors maybe tag along, or come in the desired deity's stead.

4.Ive also heard that some deitys are willing to make "arrangements" where "services" can be exchanged between each other. My question is how long(or how many meetings) should a person wait before offering this kind of deal? Or will you know when the time is right?

5.I also had trouble finding what kind of "services" spirits might be able to offer and also what they might want in return.

6.Lastly I've read that demon's when evoked for pact making can try and trick or word the deal strangley so the deal is not as it originally seem. Is there any way to prevent this? And also has it happened to anyone?

Again thank you all so much and sorry for the long post it is my first one so I just wanted to be thorough on my exact situation and to be able to continue to grow.

Cody

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: First evoking ritual

Post by ErebusNamtar »

1. Lot's of chaff out there and it takes some time to get to the good stuff. Personally I learned a little bit from three books. Evoking Eternity by Koetting, The Practice of Magical Evocation by Franz Bardon and Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson. I took the bare bones from those books and evolved my own version from there.

2. What would you like to accomplish? Are there any spirits you naturally lean to? What tradition resonates most with you?
Personally, I think the most important part of ritual is that you are really 'in to it' if you know what I mean. I'd start there.

3. Better safe than sorry right?

4. I would certainly try and build a bond first and make very well certain you are actually dealing with what they claim to be. Never leave the door open, open it yourself and only allow those you actually want to invite.

5. Nothing in life is for free but the sky is pretty much the limit as long as you are serious. Don't go overboard. Start out with little things, this will also help you to ' test out' the spirit(s) you are bargaining with. If they don't deliver you just do not deal with them anymore.
Understand that there is always a balancing factor at work too, you cannot instantly become rich, change your looks etc. but you can do so many subtle things that will change your life for the better.
As for what you would trade in return I'd rather advise you use physical things like food or drinks rather than something attached to you.

6. I don't have anything useful to add here as I personally do not believe in demons/angels/whatnot. I think spirits are nothing more than the manifestations of my own consciousness or free energies that gain consciousness and their own will over time. More like thought-forms if you will. Some are indeed quite powerful or tricky to deal with so they are referred to as ' demonic' but that word has too much of a stigma attached to it in my humble opinion.

That does not mean you can mess around at your leisure.These things have real-life ramifications and spirits can be quite nasty! Look back at question 3. Always prepare and protect yourself, never take this stuff lightly.

Just repeat what you want and what you are giving in return and be very, very clear about it. Sometimes you do a ritual and you're not even certain anything happened until a few days later so it'll pretty much you doing the talking.

EDIT- Crude of me without wishing you...Good luck! [thumbup]

Malevolent1
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Malevolent1 »

Amazing I truly wasn't expecting a reply so quickly, the books look good I'll have to try and track down some copies local to me. That makes sense to for my first time I'll probably try and contact my guardian spirit because some of the hardships and life or death situations I've been in I always felt "something" was with me. This does raise one last questions as I know chanting the name during the ritual will help evoke the spirit, but what what I say in this case just my guardian spirit?
It is powerful stuff safe is better then sorry in this situation. Indeed my intention was not to win the lottery tomorrow, I was just unaware of how strong of influence some of these spirits truly had. Really cool! I knew offerings of food and drink could be made as a sign of respect or just to please them but I thought you had to let them tap into your energy or greater commitments along those lines for situations like that. Again thanks for all the help and I welcome more input from further members.

Cody

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Welcome to the forums,

Regarding the Guardian Spirit / Higher self , try to call upon him when in a meditative state. You will know the words. I now just use "<name>, my love and light, are you here?" If he is he lets me now. Mine just happened to appear and I asked his name. I would advise to make sure that it is really him since when you open yourself you really don't know what you might attract to you. Test it. Ask him to do certain stuff or answer things you don't but he should know. If he doesn't, either he is not who you are looking for or you just aren't in a right state of mind.

I never used any ritual to voke him and have been helped some times. Even had a visit one night.

My regards

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Malevolent1 wrote:This does raise one last questions as I know chanting the name during the ritual will help evoke the spirit, but what what I say in this case just my guardian spirit?
Like LoneWolf said, best and most safe way to do so.

Good luck!

Return to “Help!”