Constant torment from evil parasites

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Constant torment from evil parasites

Post by Desecrated »

the_spiral wrote:Shadow people?
Shadow people seems to be another phenomenon, or something related but different.

I know Charles Leadbeater has a book or two about astral worlds.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:That's interesting. It seems to be that these particular beings are definitely intelligent, but pathetic and dependent in a way.

It seems to depend on his attention, or energy, so it uses certain tactics to constantly get as much as it can. I imagine it as some kind of astral crackhead who just perpetually wants another hit.
I can't remember who said this, but these creatures are always weaker than we are. We are connected to the life force, we have that inside of us, and the only way they can get it is through us. That is why we can reject them and banish them. A single candle will give light no mater how dark the room is.

And they love to pretend to be powerful, they put on air and bluff a lot, But in reality they are just insignificant astral junk.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Shadow People definitely seem above Parasites in the Hierarchy.
Somewhere up around there with Demons? Maybe a little lower?
There are certain drugs that open a doorway to these Shadow People.
And the Spiders are common with this Reality, some people even see fish
swimming through the air as though it was water. Also, when I have
dreams about flying, a lot of the time the air seems to have the consistency
of water.

Shadow People are also very common during Sleep Paralysis episodes.
And seem to be somewhat tied to the Alien abduction phenomenon.

Old Hag Syndrome could be included in this group as well.

I assume most Physical Creatures, being that they contain "living"
energy would have an Astral counterpart. At least temporarily.
So the Astral Hierarchy it would seem, would mirror the Physical to a large
extent. Also there would exist things that would be unique to each.

The Greys might even be extra dimensional entities, as opposed to 4D creatures.
Somewhere further up in the hierarchy. Also associated with Sleep Paralysis.

Seems as though it's the Altered States, or modifications in Brain wave Frequencies.
For one, that opens the doors to different aspects of the Astral Hierarchy.

Peace

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

All systems just describe a hierarchical or class system that is solely based on "magical power" or the entity's ability to influence any given plane. Demons, parasites, elementals, humans, angels, gods. We are taught humans can become gods. We are taught that humans could have been elementals in past lifes. We are taught humans can die and become lost, parasitic souls. We are taught that humans can die and become great spirits or even gods that are worshipped all over the world.

I think it would be erroneous and somewhat arrogant to think that we have to start at "human" in the list and slide around from there. If you start classifying things any deeper than the above list you are just creating armchair (no spiral, do not take a year off!!!) lists of fantasy creatures. Its like if i couldn't see a cat, hear a cat, or touch a cat, but I could experience its effects, like its leaves hair everywhere, it makes me sneeze, sometimes i feel a warm purring ball on my stomach when i sleep, etc.. In the end I would probably call this thing something totally different from "cat", and think about how it looks in my mind (which will most likely be worlds away from an actual cat, or may contain correspondences related to a cat if my impressions are anywhere intuitive, but is still entirely subjective because of my limited experience with the entity and my limited senses. Read Crowley on multiple seers describing the same astral object - it will always be described differently but the truth/essence can be obtained almost more-so with the collective observational data).

Another problem is morality and ethics. These things are completely human derived. People want to include this part in classifying a spirit, such as "it's mean - it's a demon". This is also pretty useless, just look at the range of personality types among humans and animals alone. YHVH, a God, was pretty mean sometimes. The only time this is useful is when you want to work practically on the entity, either getting rid of it or working with it. There's no way we could write a grimoire on every type of astral entity because there are an unlimited amount. If you want to know about an entity, you ask it or test it.

I'm not saying naming and classifying is useless, obviously it is very useful. But people have already done this and I, personally, have only become more confused by this instead of more enlightened: for instance, we are taught about the 4 elemental beings, but then you learn about faeries, gnomes, giants, vampires, dryads, etc., all of which sit in a large range of power levels, such as the purely elemental gnomes up to some gnome kings and gods. Who's to say these same creatures aren't simply "elementals" (beings composed of elements, wait are we elementals?), or these faeries angels, or these vampires dark ancient gods.

Im simply warning against getting so crazy over definitions. Its like invocation/evocation argument. People will fight tooth and nail over this definition before having any experience in either. In my experience they overlap considerably and good luck finding a medieval or pre-medieval source that consistently uses either word without switching whenever they feel like it. Or necromancer, pre-medieval it meant someone who actually divined with the dead or corpses, medieval it meant any sorcerer or mage (who was most likely a priest!), and today it means all of these and more, but usually means someone who just works with the dead in general. Knowing all of these definitions in context with their time period is the only way I can really fully understand the word. You will never be able to define all astral entities for all times because they are constantly changing and evolving, and a lot of them don't even know what time is.
Last edited by fraterai on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Example - okay, you woke up with a shadow person over you.

No wait - you woke up with a blackmistman person over you.

How does this help when I actually have one standing over me? I can say "are you a shadow person?" "Yes/No". He could have lied, for one. I am always going to have to dig deeper no matter what.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but you have to think of the end game. Who cares if this thing is an astral parasite or a demon? (No one suggested it could even be another wizard). The mage wants to banish it. How do you do that? Banishing.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Yeah that helps me understand that categorizing them is sort of pointless without being able to observe and really understand all of them. I guess the astral is really a wild world with it's own natural rules and different species, then. Are you suggesting someone should get a more practical understanding through projection or astral sight, rather than relying on dead definitions?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

LOL fraterai don't worry, I couldn't take time off if I wanted to. And I don't think people are going crazy over definitions here, just curious about the similarities and divergences between various classes of beings and the names we give them in different cultures. But I agree that classifying them strictly or comprehensively is an impossible task given that 1) the spirit world has at least the same level of biodiversity as the physical world, 2) we're all working from limited perspectives with different sets of observational data, and 3) as you said, the practical implications of dealing with an entity are usually more important than getting the name right. It's more just an interesting thought exercise than anything else, and I always learn a lot from comparing notes with other practitioners.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Glad to see I got just the reactions I wanted :) I enjoy the thought exercise and just wanted to make the point of practicality. Thanks spiral for a sober response that I think expands and supplements my posts perfectly

Chowder - you can only do what you can do. Yes I think that if you do not have clear astral senses you will have a much more difficult time pinpointing what the entity is and how to get rid of it, as you unfortunately are experiencing. You can always try a pendulum, in fact I highly suggest everyone working with spirits with no astral senses (abilities) to use one

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

fraterai wrote:Example - okay, you woke up with a shadow person over you.

No wait - you woke up with a blackmistman person over you.

How does this help when I actually have one standing over me? I can say "are you a shadow person?" "Yes/No". He could have lied, for one. I am always going to have to dig deeper no matter what.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but you have to think of the end game. Who cares if this thing is an astral parasite or a demon? (No one suggested it could even be another wizard). The mage wants to banish it. How do you do that? Banishing.
I can quote Hermes Trismegistus here:

O Tat my son, do not get too caught up in the names of things.
- Corpus Hermetica

Anyways, It's not the Name that is important, it's what the Name represents.

Similar and consistent Astral phenomenon deserve a name for reference.
That is all.

It's very useful to have data organized in tables for instance, for quick reference.
Such as Liber 777. That was a great idea. I love it. The same could be done
for the Astral Hierarchy. From least to most powerful, with attributes and
Associations.

It's just consolidating info, if someone wants to do it, why not.
Sure it's already been done to some degree anyways.

It is true that different Paradigms or the Vulgar will have different names for the
same Astral entity, which could also be included in the table.

So yeah, I think it would be a useful reference, knowledge building tool, or
merely just to help satisfy ones curiosity.

Also, maybe the typical Occult Hierarchy. Parasites, Elementals, Etc. Include
everything, maybe not. It is a hierarchy of groups, so a lot could be placed
within them.

Actually, each one of those groups would be a table itself, so you could end up
with quite an elaborate system of classification.

Damned if I would do it. I got enough shit to do. Probably one out there anyways
if someone wants to bother looking for it.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

I really don't think you CAN do it for astral entities, that was my point. How would you do this when they change as often as people? 777 contains qualities that are eternal, not beings that are mutable. This is why grimmoires are so vague, try and write a description of yourself that fits in a Goetia paragraph and is true for your entire life

Mine would be FraterAI - likes pizza

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I wasn't suggesting that we write an entire book about it. I just thought that we should come up with a common name on this forum to use, since we see people bothered by this almost every week.
Lower level astral entities doesn't exactly roll of the tongue.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

fraterai wrote:I really don't think you CAN do it for astral entities, that was my point. How would you do this when they change as often as people? 777 contains qualities that are eternal, not beings that are mutable. This is why grimmoires are so vague, try and write a description of yourself that fits in a Goetia paragraph and is true for your entire life
You can do anything you want. If something changes, update the table.
It could be more of a dynamic hierarchy as opposed to a static one.

Anyways, there is consistent phenomenon in the astral realm, who
cares about it's duration. I see no reason why this invalidates the concept.

Also, 777 is not Eternal, it is finitely linear, although perhaps Eternal in
a periodic sense, but then again, so is everything else.

Peace

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

spida - We see it differently :)

Des - parasite works well right? They are garbage, "tiny" (in power/hierarchy), and their primary function is to leach energy

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

But then, I've read of less intelligent, more animal-like parasites and then ones who are manipulative and take on intelligent personalities. So I feel like we should be able to state the difference between the two rather than lumping them together as "pasasite"
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

I see a low-level astral entity as Des described being called a "parasite", a small insignificant but troublesome thing. Stronger, more intelligent, malevolent entities, are usually referred to as Demons these days. And a parasite is just an astral elemental, like animals. Low-level astral entity does not roll off the tongue but it does not cause confusion! Its just an elemental, low level, living on the astral, and acts as the equivalent of a "parasite" on earth.

I personally feel i can place any and all entities into: demon, elemental, human, angel, or god, and the details come along with experience and relationship (good or bad)

bringing this back around to the original post, it's probably a demon (or human, dead or alive). Success in EVP and subsequent chaos are always the result of one of these two, sometimes both. There are many haunting stories that came to the conclusion that a demon was trapping human spirits, and using both to haunt places/people.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

fraterai wrote:spida - We see it differently :)

Des - parasite works well right? They are garbage, "tiny" (in power/hierarchy), and their primary function is to leach energy
All you need is a general description, and yes, I believe there is
Astral phenomena where the general tone is consistent for an
indefinate amount of time. And yes, they could be put in the Goetia,
and the entry would be valid hundreds of years from now, maybe even
til the end of time.

Read about the Shadow People, they are a great example of widespread
consistency, and many others as well.

Just general descriptions and attribues, that's all. No need to get
personal with them.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The original proposition is fairly simple. Take a partial
hierarchy and fill in some of the blanks.

People make it complicated.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

fraterai wrote:spida - We see it differently :)

Parasites are more animal like. A lot of people describe them as jellyfish looking. And they can grow bigger. But I don't perceive them as being overly intelligent, like knowing our languages and being able to communicate with us.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

That H.P. Lovecraft movie that I saw in the 80's:
"From Beyond". Kinda makes a bit more sense now.
How that Scientist "Pretorious". Created that Frequency
Resonator, and when the damn thing was switched on
you could see fish, and other weird creatures swimming
around in the air. Same thing that's been mentioned here
a couple times.

He knew about it too. That's cool.
Not bad for a "B" movie either.

Cheers

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

fraterai wrote:bringing this back around to the original post, it's probably a demon (or human, dead or alive). Success in EVP and subsequent chaos are always the result of one of these two, sometimes both. There are many haunting stories that came to the conclusion that a demon was trapping human spirits, and using both to haunt places/people.
I don't know how much traction Josephine McCarthy's work gets around here but she describes this phenomenon in "The Exorcist's Handbook", it's actually quite common and one of the main dangers of EVP/paranormal dabbling. Another issue is that human ghosts can degrade over time and become "shells", and malevolent non-human entities (I still think it's a generalization to call them all "demons" but it's the easiest English word) can infest their etheric/astral bodies and manipulate them like puppets. I've had this experience in dealing with hauntings myself, where I first assumed I was communicating with a trapped human spirit and eventually realized it was something else. That's closer to the scenario I felt the OP's friend was dealing with after reading his full account. Unfortunately those can be very tricky attachments to break (which is why it's better not to form them in the first place) but it sounds like ignoring them is working for him so he should keep doing that until they lose interest.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

That sounds like good advice.
The more you indicate that you are aware of their presence.
The more they will want to interact with you.

I ignore spiritual presence sometimes, it varies. I definitely
don't ignore it during Rituals.

I don't worry about it at all, because I don't fear it,
and I have strong protection.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Speaking of protection, while we're on the subject: What would you guys use for protection from this type of thing?

Obviously avoiding activities that could invite these things would be important. Other than that I've been using salt around the house and doing the LBRP semi-regularly. I'm interested in what you do personally for protection though.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Something more physical and permanent, like a warding statue or talisman, a full house cleaning and exorcism

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

chowderpope wrote:Speaking of protection, while we're on the subject: What would you guys use for protection from this type of thing?

Obviously avoiding activities that could invite these things would be important. Other than that I've been using salt around the house and doing the LBRP semi-regularly. I'm interested in what you do personally for protection though.
Strong will. Strong voice. Strong words. No fear.

Learning how words and thoughts determine the outcome of such encounters is a really empowering thing to know. Difference between hypothetical attack and being left alone is just on the mind. I love being human.

I honestly feel almost everyday weird stuff or see shadows by the bed. Sometimes they wake up the cat and the cat wakes me up. As I open the eyes I see them there and then they fade. If I feel threatened, I get up from the bed, stand erected and still, and think/say strong words. If not I say: Oh interesting, and write it on the journal.

I would like also to share an experience I seem to be having lately. I feel beings that sabotage to a point my magickal training.

Some nights I can't sleep and therefor use such relaxed state of mind to train my senses. I found out that I can figure tarot cards without looking at them so I am training this.

Yesterday I couldn't sleep as usual and since I felt I was in a trancey state of mind I stood up and went to my altar without turning the lights on. When I am very relaxed my success rate is very high, when I am not I don't succeed much.

As I was reaching the card deck I heard some strong noise behind me that made me get grounded again. I got angry and turn the lights on. After writing it up I relaxed myself and did it once. I got it right and went to sleep. The fact that this time it was the Magician made me feel even better.

I also feel that when in gnosis almost to the point of launching many times something external interrupts me. Any of you have had similar experiences?

I don't know to what point this is to protect me because I am not disciplined enough or maybe it is just plain resistance that in order to advance and grow as a magician must exist. That way the feint of heart don't get into trouble.

Regards

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:Speaking of protection, while we're on the subject: What would you guys use for protection from this type of thing?

I like using plants.

Return to “Help!”