flowery smell "warm spot" detected

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

flowery smell "warm spot" detected

Post by cyberdemon »

hi it's me, reporting in.

something new came up. it smells like flowers in specific spots and it moves around. specific outdoor phenomenon in a certain area. no wind. appears 9pm+ at night. the scent itself is a hair away from actually smelling bad, but so far it's like a thick, powdery flowery scent. idk how to identify hiddens by smell but i reckon it's either an angel-type (or non-malicious djnn-type) demon, or a type of spirit.

send ideas
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: flowery smell "warm spot" detected

Post by Desecrated »

Sounds like a land-spirit.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Desecrated wrote:Sounds like a land-spirit.
sauce?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

cyberdemon wrote:
sauce?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landv%C3%A6ttir

But you have similar spirits in most civilizations.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Desecrated wrote:
cyberdemon wrote:
sauce?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landv%C3%A6ttir

But you have similar spirits in most civilizations.
okay but in the middle of a city? can still correlate though.
anyway, gonna try to communicate with it. see ya!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

cyberdemon wrote:
okay but in the middle of a city? can still correlate though.
anyway, gonna try to communicate with it. see ya!
Well yeah, cities are built on land too.
I highly recommend leaving some food and beer. That always seems to do the trick.

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

It's a piece of your Higher Self/internal twin flame

You don't have to give it anything

What is a spirit gonna do with beer?

Spirits don't even want people to drink beer!

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Next wrote:It's a piece of your Higher Self/internal twin flame

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you should say anything against it. Beer is made from grains and other products of the land, and is often quite "earthy" in its quality, making it an ideal vessel for an offering to a land/earth spirit. Offerings are not just about the medium that is used, but about the energies used as well. When offering Beer, you also offer some energy along with it. The beer, being a product of the land, is a good catalyst for these energies for a Land spirit, as well as the alcohol helping to transmute and hold the energy for periods of time (this is seen more readily with extracts that are used in magic/talismans/blessings, as most extracts are done with either alcohol or oil).
Also, it is a great sign of friendship and good will to share a beer with someone. I don't know what spirits you come into contact with, but most spirits don't care if you have a beer or not. It's actually quite traditional to leave alcohol as offerings to spirits.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Caerdon wrote:
Next wrote:It's a piece of your Higher Self/internal twin flame

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you should say anything against it. Beer is made from grains and other products of the land, and is often quite "earthy" in its quality, making it an ideal vessel for an offering to a land/earth spirit. Offerings are not just about the medium that is used, but about the energies used as well. When offering Beer, you also offer some energy along with it. The beer, being a product of the land, is a good catalyst for these energies for a Land spirit, as well as the alcohol helping to transmute and hold the energy for periods of time (this is seen more readily with extracts that are used in magic/talismans/blessings, as most extracts are done with either alcohol or oil).
Also, it is a great sign of friendship and good will to share a beer with someone. I don't know what spirits you come into contact with, but most spirits don't care if you have a beer or not. It's actually quite traditional to leave alcohol as offerings to spirits.
Motumbá Àse,

I agree, from african lore to their diaspora and the natives of America (the whole, not just USA) are used to leave offerings of food and drinks, drinks from milk to beer, wines, etc. Earthly spirits like fermented type of drinks.

The offerings are like a "linguage", a code, to relate with the spirit.

As for "Higher Self" treatment, for the yoruban, Ori (our inner/higher self) needs to be attended just like any other Orisa. So, that statement that our higher self needs no offering might apply only to SOME western traditions, mostly the ones based on orientalism.

In Umbanda beer is offered to spirits of the Ogum family, black beer to the Xangô family, some exus and pombogiras drink beer as well.

Saravá
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Return to “Help!”