Binding Anger

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Binding Anger

Post by chowderpope »

I have a problem with occasional bouts of anger where I lose my ability to control myself. I am trying to get this under control and want to take advantage of the upcoming waning moon to bind/banish my anger.

I'm unsure at this point how to approach it exactly, and wanted to see if anyone here had advice as to how I can conduct the ritual. I am going to be putting together a ritual for this and will draw from different sources to construct it, so any advice is appreciated.

Also, if any spirits or saints would be particularly useful for this please let me know so I can study them.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Binding Anger

Post by Desecrated »

Binding it means that it is still in you. I would banish it, and then replace it with something nicer.

But if I was asked to bind a certain quality, I would probably create a wax figure, name it "anger" and then physically bind it with cord and bury it outside.

I would also draw a funny face on it, so that everytime I was about to get angry, I would remember the silly doll I buried, and probably laugh at it.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Do meditate regularly and you will be able to dettach from it. As soon as you feel the anger, treat it like a thought you are observing during meditation.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

The more I'm thinking about it the more I like the idea of binding it. It's like accepting that it is part of you, but still having it under control instead of trying to run away from it.

I would also consider making some small talisman. You know, just a piece of paper with the word anger crossed over that you can carry on you.
Something like this:

I wouldn't use any spirits or anything like that, because the anger is inside you and asking them to regulate it, is basically inviting them inside. And that is almost never a good idea.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

If you are at all into Buddhist deities, i'd recommend Mahakalah. Channel your anger into a visualisation of him.
It's important to realise that the energy that comes with anger can be extremely potent, if you are able to neutralize the negative sides of anger, being 1. Reactive to a catalyst and usually selfish in nature. 2. Lack of control and willingness to do harm. Buddhist Wrath deities are great for transforming anger.
Also research Tara, for peace.

Mahakalah sadhana.
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 18&t=39372
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Thanks everyone. I'm going to take all of your advice.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

I use anger to break free from oppression in the physical world

I'd never want to disown it

It's the best weapon against abusers

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Next wrote:I use anger to break free from oppression in the physical world

I'd never want to disown it

It's the best weapon against abusers
You can deal with issues without anger, and acting on anger might lead to poor
decisions/judgement. I think it's inadvisable.

I used to have an intermittent anger issue, and am glad to be rid of it.
This is a part of my evolution!
:)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Help!”