How to recover from being robbed?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to recover from being robbed?

Post by Seabed »

Even my house is well protected, almost a month ago all my most valuable possessions had been stolen while I was away. I live alone.
It could be done by some who is very close to me, or by professionals. Anyway, it's well done.

I give my best not to think about what happened or who that person might be, but it's not helping.
At the begging I was in denial, anger, fear... I wanted to perform a "revenge" ritual immediately, but I didn't.
Now, all I can feel is that all people are my enemy. I really don't interact with others, just acting. I'm becoming a polite robot.
I'm experiensing other problems, too, like sickness, I'm not eating, I leave important things for later...

Any comment is highly welcomed!
Only Lovers Left Alive

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to recover from being robbed?

Post by Rin »

It sounds like you need to see a therapist, honestly. Traumatic events like this can trigger anxiety and depression disorders, and the symptoms you describe match something along those lines. Find a professional who you can sit down with and explore what happened and why it's making you feel the way it's making you feel.

Meditating on the issue might help as well, just basic mindfulness or quiet sitting, but take it easy if you find it that this worsens the symptoms and feelings rather than improves them.

I can relate, somewhat, to how you feel - my childhood home was turned into a rental property after my family moved to another state, and a few years later some of the tenants trashed the place and used it as a meth lab. I was surprised by the intensity of the rage that boiled up in me when I saw the photos of the damage, and this was with a home that I hadn't been in for years.

But at the end of the day, magic itself probably isn't going to be able to do much for you. You could lash out with some kind of curse (that was my first thought too), but at the end of the day, what will it achieve? You'll sully yourself in handling the energies required, probably worsening your own symptoms in the process, and the perpetrators will experience suffering which they won't link back to their misdeeds. It's counterproductive, the definition of pointless suffering.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Like Rin said, Magick will not help you in this scenario.

Magick is kind of like prayer, it takes time it for it to come to pass.

There's not much you can do except add camera surveillance and even microphone surveillance.

It's very cheap for good cameras.

I would setup *if you're a loner* booby traps that could really harm someone...

I don't recommend it because you're more likely to accidentally fall into your own trap before a burglar does.

As for dealing with your fear, I have a VERY bad suggestion, but it's just the way life is and it is the only thing that is real and that works.

If you're afraid of dying or getting hurt really bad - you just simply must decide to be a new kind of person who kind of enjoys pain and who is more angrier than the most evilest person in existence.

You need to not be afraid of inflicting harm or even killing to survive.

Unfortunately you're either a person who gets walked on, or you're the person who walks on wicked people.

You could always just talk and talk and talk and never fix your problem until you actually deal with it, taking the law into your own hands ONLY when you're being attacked... Not after the attack has happened OR you're going to jail.

It's as simple as transforming yourself mentally first.

For me, I have conquered my fear by 25%
out of 100.

By just acknowledging that I could be a creature who drinks blood to survive.

What do I mean?

I mean, that if there was a creature who survives on blood alone that was dog sized, if I had the power and money - I could totally have a scientist and a doctor or surgeon decellularize that blood drinkin stomach from the creature who survives off of blood alone and then replace my stomach with it so that I would crave blood in order to survive. I wouldn't be able to eat food anymore... But I would have become a predator and ABOVE human beings.

Just how a gun makes a human feel powerful, this POSSIBLE idea makes me feel the same way.

To feel better you just got to know better.

Or... You could wrestle with your fear and only talk about it.

But for legal reasons - I can't trully advise you to become what the stupid god damned law doesn't want you to be.

TL;DR = You have to be the baddest to no longer fear the baddest.

If people become your food, your fear of them will go down tremendously.

Hope you get better.

Remember, CRAZY is very intimidating, so use it and never show any sign of fear.

Tip, if you can resolve your issues with the law, go with that first.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Fear is a hard emotion to deal with. There are plenty of support groups for crime victims and I would suggest that you seek out some help.

johnodin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by johnodin »

What was stolen? Was it Valuable, or was it sentimental? (and only 1 item was taken...seems strange,)

All bets are off, someone came into your space, your sanctuary and took something without your consent. Either the perpatrator knew how much you valued the item and was seeking to inflict maximum damage...in which case its a magic nuke on them
Or it was some scrote who saw a shiny and took it...in which case its a magic nuke on them.

Social nicetys be dammed... go for it.
If it works then they shouldnt have done it in the first place and why waste sleep worrying about a scrote.
If it dosent work...then you havent done any damage to your immortal soul. Win win all round.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Hello everybody,

Thank you all very much for your support and your time.

To Rin and Des: I decided to look for a professional help.

I'm full of anger today. As Kami said, I'm becoming a new person, "the most evilest person in existence"...

To johnodin: All my painings I collected for many years because I really admired them, quite valuable, books, all my drawers are empty, even jackets and suits... I really don't know exactly what's missing, to be honest.
I'm in selfdistrucive mode, and I really need a change. I don't like being this way.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

It's good that you acknowledge that you are in a self destructive state, as well as desiring to change, but as you can tell it's easy to say you have the desire to change, but not so much for going about and doing it.
The best thing to do is to bring yourself to the tipping point on where you are ready to accept the change needed to be enacted. It is best to let it be done naturally, to let the progression lead up to this tipping point, but there are still a few things that you can do that aren't harmful to yourself.
The first important thing to know is that the self destructive feelings and wanton anger and rage are natural and shouldn't be avoided,it's healthy to let yourself experience and feel these things. You have a right to it, and frankly you need it mentally. Just be sure that you don't take it out on people around you, as while you do have the right to the feelings, you don't have the right to force them upon others [thumbup] . Anyways, you take these feelings of rage and self destruction and simply go do something active, preoccupying yourself allowing these feelings to build and build as you do whatever activity you do, whether it is going for a run, working out, swimming, drawing, playing music, anything to keep your body and attention occupied so that your mind can sort out what has happened, sort out what you are feeling and the causes as to why. It won't come in one session but after an accumulation of many, but you will reach a point on where you will feel as if you can make the decision between keeping to how you are currently feeling, or allowing yourself to consciously change to how you would rather be.
Talking to a professional is incredibly helpful as well during all of this, which you said you are already doing.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

johnodin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by johnodin »

Opps misread the OP, for some reason I got the impression you said "Just my most valuabe posession was taken"

So you've had a enforced clearout then. Were you isnsured? if you were then claim big...the paintings were worth thousands, the clothes all designer..You got to play the insurance game.

Here's a little mental trick that I do...(maybe because i'm old and my life has had a lot of ups and downs)
Think of the future-10,15 years time. How are you going to tell this story about your robbery to you freinds and family.
Will it be-I got robbed and I moped about?
Or will I be-I got robbed and I made some life changes, Did X then did Y.

On a personal note it's the mistakes, fuckups and failures that we remember and make better stories.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Hello everybody,

Just a short update:

I was really lucky to find a therapist who is good for me.
He prescibed me some new fast acting SNDRI, and said to me, it's not going to solve my problems.
It's a temporary solution to give me some space and time to find my way to get better.
He gave me advice, so so similar as Caerdon said.

Btw, I have probelms with insurance, they treat me like a criminal :) I don't know what to expect, they are so silent...

Thank you once again, I really appreciate your help [thumbup]
Only Lovers Left Alive

Syandana
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Syandana »

Glad you found help!

This is how I view it, and all will not succeed with this, and some may do it wrong.

Treat them as they treated you. On an metaphysical energy level they have hurt you, so return equal energy to them.

They caused darkness in you, and this darkness will reside in you till it finds a way. It currently finds a way by you becoming self-destructive (not relating to people etc), and this is your choice, even if you are unaware, because you handle the darkness in no other way. There is no need for making a curse etc, you just embrace your own darkness, your hate etc, bring it up, and let the force seek and punish them at the metaphysical level. Bring it up from the depth from where it reside, and direct, for it is in you most likely or you would not hurt yourself the way you write. Visualization, emotions, meditation etc. It is not about revenge foremost, but about clearing and saving yourself from the destructibility they gave you. They robed you of things, and continue so on energy level. First they robbed you, then you have to carry the darkness for your whole life if not cleared.

I think people get this wrong, for they try to punish more then what is just, and that is egoism. It will return to you. You need the self awareness and intelligence to know what is enough and just. You need morals. The darkness inside knows itself what is enough, for you are refreshed when done. In your meditation you may include "give back/take back in the name of justice" etc to ensure you stay on track. Giving back what doesn't belong to you, and taking back what belongs to you (by energy or otherwise) is the most refreshing.

I had a similar situation. Because I am spiritual and back then only believed in love, I tried all kinds of loving meditations, suppressing the hate, blaming myself for the hate, turning the other cheek, and it did not work, for years they would still come into my mind and cause negativity. Only finally treating them as they treated me (at the metaphysical) have made me strong again. Hate those who deserve it, so you can love those who deserve it (which you do not as you write), it works for me.

Edit: By the way. Only a fool steal things. All objects, thoughts, beings are connected at energy level and trough other dimensions. Make the objects burn in their hands. Make the objects become eyes of hate, watching their every move. Make the objects liquify in their hands and let it stick to their naked bodies. The objects are your channels. Make the objects drain them, for you to get back the energy they stole. Spare the unknowing buyers for you have morals (or it will harm you in return) but target the thieves. Even if they have sold it already maybe, all actions are stored and exist simultaneously outside linear time, and you may still reach the thieves to take back your energy and return what is just. Again you need intelligence to do it by justice or you invite to become entangled with them. You may also want to stress clearing and breaking the connections later, so you are not bound to them.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

to: Syandana

I share your opinions on this subject - I simply call it "superficial forgiveness"... suppresing hate and embracing love.
Not helping, I know...
I'm on therapy now, I take pills which are not "sweet". I understand why some people want to bypass professional help and try to find other ways to get better.
I have only one obligation now, and that is to follow up on doctors orders.
I really don't know what is going on with me, I'm in their hands.
I will let you know about progress.

Thank you.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

You're in a period of transition now, and are in the process of being empowered. A few years from now, you'll see the results very clearly. Think of the robbery as a rite of passage.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Next wrote:You're in a period of transition now, and are in the process of being empowered. A few years from now, you'll see the results very clearly. Think of the robbery as a rite of passage.

A very nice observation,
Thank you.

[thumbup]
Only Lovers Left Alive

Return to “Help!”