Elemental attunement circle

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

ataraxia.zip
Forum Member
Forum Member

Elemental attunement circle

Post by ataraxia.zip »

I'm working on a circle that maps out elemental energies and shows how they interact with each other. I started out with the basic four (Earth, water, air, fire.) These energies interact with each other to create four more elements (flora, ice, lightning, magma.) After some research and observation I found a few more (light, space-time, darkness, void.) So far all of these are observable in some form but I get the feeling i'm still missing another four. i've been entertaining the thought that space and time are separate energies and that sound/vibration might be one since it can carry energy. Can anyone else think of any elements i might have missed or something along the lines of sound that can carry energy?

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Elemental attunement circle

Post by Shinichi »

There are more Forces under Heaven and Earth than any single Initiate or System can ever fully comprehend. There are, however, Greater Forces and Lesser Forces, the latter being of greater number and often either a mixture of or a lesser expression of the former.

In short, you are wasting your time. This work has already been done, and to a far more thorough degree than this.

If you study the Four Elements system properly, you will learn that the Four were born from Two (Electric and Magnetic, or the Yang/Yin Forces) and that the Four blend together to make either Twelve or Sixteen (Fire of Fire, Fire of Air, etc) depending on how those forces are counted.

Or if you look at the Daoist system: from the Void came Wuji, which developed two parts. Yin and Yang. Yin and Yang gave birth to Sixiang, or the Four Phases. The Four Phases become the Wu Xing, or the Five Elements, and then continues on to be expressed through the Bagua. The Eight Trigrams. The Eight Trigrams then blend together to create 64 Forces of the Natural World, which combine further until we have the Ten Thousand Things (which essentially means everything).

I don't want you to think that I am discounting your Work, but I do want you to take from me a warning. What you are trying to do has already been done. Initiates have spent thousands of years exploring the ideas that are just coming into your head - they have made mistakes that you haven't even begun to, and spent generations refining their wisdom into the Traditions and Arts we have today. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, you will be much better served studying the work that has already been done, and then building upon the old systems from there or combining the old Lore to suit your own needs.

Otherwise, you may look back one day years from now and wish you hadn't wasted so much time on reinventing things you can just learn from the books of the past sages. And time is something we only have so much of.

~:Shin:~

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Elemental attunement circle

Post by Caerdon »

Ah, everyone should have a pet project, let him have his musings Shin ;)
But yes, I do agree that it's best to look over what others have done in order to help with it and learn all that you can. Then you can expand all that you can on it!

However, there is a major oversight (beyond not looking at what others have already discovered) that is here, that which is (Shin touched and alluded to this via mentioning magnetic and electric -which I usually call Ionic- energies) the Physical Energies, rather than just the elemental ones. I've researched alot into energies and experimented with them, though admittedly I'm too lazy to type it all out (there is a fucktonne which would have to be typed, which I'm not going to do for just a reply as you can literally fill quite a few books with).

There are many categories that you can break up the different energies into. I generally like to split them up into two major categories, the Physical Energies and the Etherical Energies, then split them up further depending on what my current needs are. They aren't the most accurate labels, more of a personal preference to help me differentiate them, but that's just one example of how they can be split up, depending on HOW you are wanting to present them or describe them in a certain situation. For me, the classic cardinal elemental energies would be an example of etherical energies, where as Kinetic and Thermal energies would be an example of Physical energies.

You mentioned Sound/vibrational energy. First they are both physical energies, and second, they are technically two separate energies, Vibrational being one (the rapid continuous movement of molecules/atoms/an object), and the Sound being more of a derivative of Concussive energy which inspires a short burst of vibration through the air (and other mediums, such as liquids and other gases) into patterns and ripples by pushing molecules outwards from a source via a concussive force, which makes it more of a byproduct of something else rather than a full principle energy in and of itself. I didn't describe that all too well the difference between the two, admittedly, as I more gave a very abridged reader's digest version of it and didn't go into alot of detail, but as you see there is alot of things you have to look up and learn and think about.

So as you see, there is alot that you should consider and research which can be of great benefit to you if you wish to continue on this path.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Help!”