Found out pendant came from unwanted sources

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Found out pendant came from unwanted sources

Post by solace_of_shadows »

Hello, I have a question. I was in a shop recently in search of a new stone or pendant for a necklace, because the one I had before broke (I feel I wasn't meant to wear that one in the first place, it was a gift and I attempted cleansing it and charging it but I never got much from it, unlike other stones or crystals I have. I needed to choose it myself). When I came upon one that really affected me. It looked manmade, so I really didn't expect much. But it still had an immense impact. I hadn't seen it before and did not know what it was. I am still learning. Anyway, when I touched it I instantly felt a very dark power, dare I say even evil...It was incredibly strong. It was like a black abyss that stretches forever. I focused more and felt like it imparted immense power and held a depth and gave me intense visions of things I cannot explain. I decided to get it and think about cleansing it somehow and seeing how I feel. I then looked it up and indeed it was manmade. But ironically it has all the properties I need. It's so accurate it's a bit creepy. Even down to the health problems I'm having that are rare.

I figured that because of its impact on me, and because of its properties, if it can be used as a tool, intentions are intentions, and they may be beneficial after all. But upon further searching into where it could have come from, I found a site that sells what apears to be the identical thing, but the people who make them are christians! No offense if that is your thing, but I used to be a christian and denounced all of that. I have been trying to get away from all things christian for years, it does nothing but damage me and I don't agree for multitudes of reasons. I don't believe that religion is real but I think that some of the things they do still have certain effects.

So I'm wondering, should I keep this thing? Would cleansing it rid it of any of the christian stuff? Or because it was created by the very source I seek to avoid, is this something that can't be separated from the pendant?

I'm curious about others' thoughts on this.
"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains".

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Found out pendant came from unwanted sources

Post by RoseRed »

Stick it in a tupperware container full of salt for 3 months.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

solace_of_shadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by solace_of_shadows »

I'm not sure that it would last in that...It isn't really the type that I can put "into" anything without it being harmed in some way by the substance. I'm thinking of getting rid of it as it's starting to weird me out, still unsure. I did attempt to cleanse it and it seems to have a different kind of current now, if this makes any sense; the "wavelengths" feel different, as differing brain or sound waves, like theta vs alpha, for example, or a sawtooth vs triangle, etc. but I don't know.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

solace_of_shadows wrote:I'm not sure that it would last in that...It isn't really the type that I can put "into" anything without it being harmed in some way by the substance. I'm thinking of getting rid of it as it's starting to weird me out, still unsure. I did attempt to cleanse it and it seems to have a different kind of current now, if this makes any sense; the "wavelengths" feel different, as differing brain or sound waves, like theta vs alpha, for example, or a sawtooth vs triangle, etc. but I don't know.
Maybe give it away to someone?

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

So stick it in a ziplock first. Or don't.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

well, it would help to know what stone it is for better advice for cleansing it.
The most common and effective way is what Liberator said, putting it in salt.
However that's not the only way on cleansing it. You could bury it in the earth for a few days or keep washing it under clean running water (though I myself don't use these methods)
The thing i usually do is keep whatever stone I recently got with me and cleanse it with my own presence and energies until it becomes saturated and attuned to me(gah, that sounds so new age-y for me...)
Anyways, you shouldn't get rid of it, especially if it has such a large impact upon you. You should find a cleansing method which works best for you and keep the stone on you as much as possible within the direct influence of your presence and energies. Basically, you want to make it yours, attuned to you, the origins of the materials being meaningless as you make it become what it is by your work with it and to it.

In the end though, it's your attitude towards it that matters in the end.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Minerals, Crystals and Stones”