Are Stones Worth It?

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Are Stones Worth It?

Post by findingtruth »

Hi guys,

I've been wanting to get back into the occult for a while now and am wondering if Crystal's are 1. Worth the cost and 2. If I'll see much benefit as a beginner

My goal is to use them to motivate myself and keep myself on track in my progress. Are they just for amplifying energy or do they really have specific attributes?

Thanks!

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Are Stones Worth It?

Post by Shinichi »

All things have specific attributes. Alchemy divides most usable things into several "Kingdoms," and the Mineral Kingdom is most accessible for magick, alchemy and many other arts. Because gemstones are everywhere, and most of them really aren't that expensive in this market. I even have a raw ruby that only costed about $2 retail.

Whether or not it is worth it depends on your personal interest. Mineral Magick is its own craft, and if you have no interest in properly learning it then no - buying stones probably are not worth it for you. If you want to practice magick with minerals, though, and you're willing to do the study and work required, it can be a very rewarding practice.

~:Shin:~

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

findingtruth wrote:Hi guys,

I've been wanting to get back into the occult for a while now and am wondering if Crystal's are 1. Worth the cost and 2. If I'll see much benefit as a beginner

My goal is to use them to motivate myself and keep myself on track in my progress. Are they just for amplifying energy or do they really have specific attributes?

Thanks!

Crystals are living beings, some are very good for amplifying energy (phenacite), some are great energy holders (clear quartz), some have specific attributes. It quite reasonable to expect much benefits, even as a beginner. If you find crystals interesting, please yourself with some you find most attractive.
Buying crystals is not an investment (it's a waste of money if you don't use them), even some promote that concept (like: Moldavite will soon disappear from shops, so buy them while you still can).
Only Lovers Left Alive

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Thanks!
1) As stated, they are only worth the cost if you are going to use them. Or if you just like collecting them in general. Outside of that there's also things you have to consider and research before and during the buying process. First is look at what the regular cost is for what you are looking for. Some crystals and gems are quite inexpensive, others are alot more expensive than you would suspect, then you have to decide how much you are willing to spend on it. Next you'll have to decide what you are going to use it for, and then if you want it raw and uncut, or if you want it worked in some way. You'll also want to learn to tell the difference between manufactured and natural gems/crystals if that matters to you, for instance, manufactured sapphires and ruby's are alot more clearer than natural ones. You should also go in and hold every crystal until one stands out for you as some will draw you towards them alot more than others, which is extremely important when using crystals and minerals in magick.

2) It depends on how you are using them, how much knowledge and studying you'll do/have when working with them, and a whole lot of other factors. Some people see immediate results and benefits when using them, others not so much. It's one of those "won't know until you try" things. However, the more knowledge and research you put into it as well as goals for what you want to accomplish, then the more likely you'll see benefits as well as how the crystals and minerals are helping with your spellwork [thumbup]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Procel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Procel »

My goal is to use them to motivate myself and keep myself on track in my progress.....

Thanks!
If they help keep you motivated and on track, then yes. If you just buy them to buy them like the character Hank on the tv show "Breaking Bad" then no. Keeping your motivation is key to progress in any pursuit. Beware the temptation to confuse acquisitions with focus. It's the focus that counts.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Seabed wrote: Crystals are living beings, some are very good for amplifying energy (phenacite), some are great energy holders (clear quartz), some have specific attributes. It quite reasonable to expect much benefits, even as a beginner. If you find crystals interesting, please yourself with some you find most attractive.
Buying crystals is not an investment (it's a waste of money if you don't use them), even some promote that concept (like: Moldavite will soon disappear from shops, so buy them while you still can).
Why would Moldavite disappear from shops? Does it have anything to do with the new age "event" that is supposed to be happening where the earth is going into the 4th density or something similar to that?

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:
Seabed wrote: Crystals are living beings, some are very good for amplifying energy (phenacite), some are great energy holders (clear quartz), some have specific attributes. It quite reasonable to expect much benefits, even as a beginner. If you find crystals interesting, please yourself with some you find most attractive.
Why would Moldavite disappear from shops? Does it have anything to do with the new age "event" that is supposed to be happening where the earth is going into the 4th density or something similar to that?
Nothing related to the 4th density or something like that, simply because the fields in Czech Republic have limited reserves (that's the only place where Moldavite can be found), some fields are already closed.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh okay great! Well, since we are the topic of crystals, I was thinking about getting a crystal to use as a magical energy battery so I can supercharge some sigils, I'm reading that quartz would be the best (in general for general magic). Does that sound right or does anyone have anything better?

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Sure, natural (unpolished), single, or double terminated clear quartz is good for all kinds of energy works. Quartz is the most universal energy holder and amplifier. There's a quartz formation called "laser" quartz, it's good for activating magical objects, other crystals, crystal grids, sigils also.
Other crystals can be used, it depends on kind of sigils.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Seabed wrote: Other crystals can be used, it depends on kind of sigils.
Any chance you could refer me to a book that would explain this in more detail?

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Not really, but I guess some others can.
If you learn about crystal properties, you can decide what crystal to use.
I will give you just some simple examples:
- dream work: selenite, moonstone...
- mental work: clear calcite,
- love: rose quartz, emerald
- health: heliotrope,
- optimism: heliodor,
- force: ruby,
- travel: aquamarine,
- protection: nuummite....
No strict rules, but more you go into the subject, the more you could use your intuition.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sweet, thanks for the examples! That sounds great about the intuition thing and it makes sense, but right now my intuition is like listening for a harp on a boat on the open seas during a hurricane. And that's after meditation! haha hopefully this Intro to Hermetics will help with that [gz]

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Sweet, thanks for the examples! That sounds great about the intuition thing and it makes sense, but right now my intuition is like listening for a harp on a boat on the open seas during a hurricane. And that's after meditation! haha hopefully this Intro to Hermetics will help with that [gz]
I'm very glad you find my message useful! Now you need one good piece of natural botryoidal formation hematite, to calm you down, to help you stay grounded and do the integration of higher spiritual energies you are experiencing.

[wink]
Only Lovers Left Alive

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

Depends on whether you need outward physical representations of correspondences or not

For me they were a crutch, a superstition on the way to realizing the energy/power is actually within me

Kind of like idolatry, for my personality type at least

I ended up donating them

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Just started working with crystals, very interesting for of practice. Generally what i've noticed is that crystals like helping you refine your energy and expand your ability to channel cosmic energy. Very interesting....whether that will help you stay present with your goals and maintain focus.....in the long term....most likely.

Return to “Minerals, Crystals and Stones”