Orgone/Orgonite in Magick

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Orgone/Orgonite in Magick

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

How does everyone feel about Orgonite? I've noticed on Etsy there are lots of cool looking pyramids, but I don't want to buy a $200.00 paperweight when it is supposed to be cleaning energies within X feet.
Is there any magical application of this great contraption?
Has anyone had any experiences with Orgonite, or Orgone?
I hear orgone is a type of energy, but is it somehow better than other energies at anything?
Wikipedia wrote: Orgone is a pseudoscientific[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] and spiritual concept described as an esoteric energy or hypothetical universal life force, originally proposed in the 1930s by Wilhelm Reich.[8][9][10] As developed by Reich's student Charles Kelley after Reich's death in 1957, orgone was conceived as the anti-entropic principle of the universe, a creative substratum in all of nature comparable to Mesmer's animal magnetism (1779), to the Odic force (1845) of Carl Reichenbach and to Henri Bergson's élan vital (1907).[11] Orgone was seen as a massless, omnipresent substance, similar to luminiferous aether, but more closely associated with living energy than with inert matter. It could allegedly coalesce to create organization on all scales, from the smallest microscopic units—called "bions" in orgone theory—to macroscopic structures like organisms, clouds, or even galaxies.[12]

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Orgone/Orgonite in Magick

Post by Caerdon »

If you want something that will just cleanse energy in a room, then just buy a Himalayan Rock Salt lamp. They are quite inexpensive, looks cool with some (as I like to say) mood-setting light (as in a low orange-ish glow), and cleanses the negative energy from the air.
When I say inexpensive btw, I mean you can easily find one for well under $50 CAD. I got one for $26 myself.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh cool, I'll check that out.
I have read on other forums and on the internet that the orgonite can cleanse and also, if made with the correct minerals, be used as a "safe" battery in that you can place it in a negative energy area, leave it for a week, take it back to your place then extract neutral or positive energy out of it. I wonder if there is any truth to these accounts, or just more new age hogwash.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

So it's suppose to do the same as a quartz crystal but costs 10 as much?

All of these things works because you as a user believe that it works. It's a controlled placebo effect. You can pick up any rock and charge it with your own energy as long as you believe that it works.

The reason why we still use crystals in contemporary magic is because even when we know it's scientifically bullshit, part of our brain still goes: " O shiny" and we assign a particular attribute to something that looks different. It's just easier to believe that a quartz crystal is different to an ordinary gray rock.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I experimented with this, made my own versions of 'pyramids' using what I had around at home. I tapped into energy right enough, but I think it was telluric current related, rather than this 'Odic force' thingy.

Copper conducts really well, so I used copper shavings and wire [in a maltese cross style aerial configuration] with with a ghost crystal, but instead of using resin to hold it together I used soil with other metal shavings suspended in it too [can't remember which metal, of the top of my head...] as a packing in my pyramid from a nexus site nearby. I also made one with an amethyst chunk I already had and one with some feldspar. I used clear glass pyramid boxes.

I think I steampunked the idea a bit. I'm a lot more ham than hip, it must be said. [crazy]

I got strong results but, as above, not sure how much my tweaking affected the devices or their alleged purposes.

It's interesting stuff, but waaaay too many conspiracy theories attached to it all for my liking.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Yeah, copper is a really good conductor(gold is better) and it's cheap! One of
the first upgrades I did on my Harmon Kardon HK3490 audio reciever is I replaced
those factory installed Pre-Amp Jumpers with some thick copper wire I bought at
Lowes, and some heat shrink for the non conductive part from Radio Shack(which
is now out of business).

I don't know about Orgone/Orgonite, but crystals like quartz can store information
in Photonic format. Some of the first radio recievers used crystals. Watches use them.
Crystaline material is used in Diodes.

So you could say that some crystals can store light energy, and this goes beyond a mere
placebo effect.

See ya!
:)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Orgonite, properly constructed according to the principles of Alchemy, Hermetics, Natural Magick or the kind of tweaking Nahemah did, is a Fluid Condenser. Or at least, that's what Hermeticism calls it, and what Bardon calls it in Step...8, I think. Good orgonite is good for all kinds of things, and much more potent than just using quartz or any other gemstone or metal alone. However, I have not once encountered any orgonite in stores online or off that was alchemically constructed, and so I generally advise against purchasing it.

The theory is rather simple though, and if you properly research the work of Wilhelm Reich from the background of an Occult education, it's easy to see what he was actually experiencing and experimenting with. He and his followers ended up going in a strange direction with it, but that doesn't mean the theory isn't useful to people like us.

Essentially, based on his theories of the energy he was studying and "discovering," Reich designed a makeshift Fluid Condenser by alternating Organic and Inorganic materials. Essentially, he built a box where he layered Fiberglass and Metal, and then inside the box, Energy ("Fluid") condensed. But Reich didn't work on controlling the quality of his energy, so the energy inside the box is not necessarily healthy. [tongue]

Orgonite came later, when Karl Hans Welz experimented with casting the organic/inorganic layers in Resin in order to produce only Generative energy instead of both Generative and Destructive energies, and then when Don and Carol Croft added a Crystal (usually quartz) to the Welz formula in order to amplify the effect. The resin formula and the crystal one changed Reich's original device of Accumulation (his box) into a device of Transmutation, so that instead of condensing all energy (both that which is healthy for you and that which is toxic to you), Orgonite only condenses the Generative forces and even gets rid of the Destructive energies near the Orgonite.

But as I said, for the best effects, you'll likely be best off making it yourself. Most people making and selling Orgonite on eBay have neither the education nor the occult skill to make Orgonite that is up to an Alchemical standard.

~:Shin:~

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Shinichi wrote:However, I have not once encountered any orgonite in stores online or off that was alchemically constructed, and so I generally advise against purchasing it.
Oh, well i wouldn't want to pay for something that isn't made in an alchemical way. I would make one myself is I had any alchemical experience and if I had a way of testing how efficient it was.
Speaking of which, would there be any way to test organite to find "good organite" and "not as good organite"? I feel like it would be easy for someone with a lot of experience working with energy work and sensing the types/ amount of energy taken in/ cleansed/ given off by these contraptions, but, what do I know? I'm just a neophyte [thumbup] .

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote: Oh, well i wouldn't want to pay for something that isn't made in an alchemical way. I would make one myself is I had any alchemical experience and if I had a way of testing how efficient it was.
Alchemy isn't that complicated, really. You just have to study it like everything else. Chemistry, Biology, Physics. [tongue] Alchemy is just the art of doing chemistry, really, but instead of only giving to consideration to the physical parts of the experiment, you give consideration to the nonphysical things too. You can start reading about practical alchemy here, and I especially recommend the three part Practical Plant Alchemy articles.
Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Speaking of which, would there be any way to test organite to find "good organite" and "not as good organite"? I feel like it would be easy for someone with a lot of experience working with energy work and sensing the types/ amount of energy taken in/ cleansed/ given off by these contraptions, but, what do I know? I'm just a neophyte [thumbup] .
It's not that hard for someone with good senses to tell if something is metaphysically doing what it is supposed to, no. But there's also more mundane factors in the creation of things like Orgonite. This guy gives a good tutorial on how to make your own Orgonite, and also demonstrates some of the bad orgonite that's not properly made.

The alchemical method just takes his instructions a step further, where you carefully put together materials that you know work well together. I suppose you could go even further than that and use astrological times and stuff, if you wish. It's by using knowledge of these esoteric things that you can create more potent Orgonite, and that's why I called it alchemical. [tongue]

~:Shin:~

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Shinichi wrote:
It's not that hard for someone with good senses to tell if something is metaphysically doing what it is supposed to, no. But there's also more mundane factors in the creation of things like Orgonite. This guy gives a good tutorial on how to make your own Orgonite, and also demonstrates some of the bad orgonite that's not properly made.

The alchemical method just takes his instructions a step further, where you carefully put together materials that you know work well together. I suppose you could go even further than that and use astrological times and stuff, if you wish. It's by using knowledge of these esoteric things that you can create more potent Orgonite, and that's why I called it alchemical. [tongue]
Oh snap thanks for the link! I wonder if there are any experienced alchemists that frequent this site... I feel like there is a huge market for this if you can do it right, which is why there are a lot of people on Etsy that do it wrong [bummed]

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

I make orgonite myself. Its quite fun to make and is useful for keeping your space clean and bubbling your room from the chaotic energies of the surrounding world. A fun 4 part series on how to craft orgone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610yvRrICTc&t=5s

Return to “Minerals, Crystals and Stones”