What is the darkest most evil book?

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: What is the darkest most evil book?

Post by Desecrated »

cyberdemon wrote:
Could use a gun to blow said kneecaps off too.
Yeah, but I'm a book collector, not a gun collector.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Desecrated wrote:
cyberdemon wrote:
So, which one book on the occult is the metaphorical equivalent of an AK-47 rifle?
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

cyberdemon wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
cyberdemon wrote:
So, which one book on the occult is the metaphorical equivalent of an AK-47 rifle?
Exactly. That is what I want to know too.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Desecrated wrote:
Stukov wrote:[
Yes and no. Things, for example, like guns are simply tools.
A gun is evil, because it made to destroy.
It doesn't mater if it is a human, an animal or a clay tablet. You point it, fire, and it destroys the target.
That is what a gun is made for.

A knife might be both good and evil because it can be a surgeons knife or a butcher knife. But as far as I know there is no helpful way to use a gun.

Apparently/unfortunately there is no book that is created to kill and harm others.
There is no book I can read and suddenly my neighbors kneecaps just blows of.
Or if you turn the book towards you and read it, your head explodes.
I will have to respectfully disagree. For one I don't think a guns purpose is only to destroy,I've fired tens of thousands of rounds with no one injured. Those paper targets and bottles have seen better days.

Furthermore I would not consider killing carte Blanche evil. Death is part of life. Circle of life and all that jazz. If someone breaks into my home to hurt me I'm going to defend myself. Some people are terrible and I think its weakness to sit there and let someone harm you.

I keep getting distracted at work disrupting my thoughts and writing .
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Stukov wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
It doesn't mater if it is a human, an animal or a clay tablet. You point it, fire, and it destroys the target.

A knife might be both good and evil because it can be a surgeons knife or a butcher knife. But as far as I know there is no helpful way to use a gun.

Apparently/unfortunately there is no book that is created to kill and harm others.
I will have to respectfully disagree. For one I don't think a guns purpose is only to destroy,I've fired tens of thousands of rounds with no one injured. Those paper targets and bottles have seen better days.

Furthermore I would not consider killing carte Blanche evil. Death is part of life. Circle of life and all that jazz. If someone breaks into my home to hurt me I'm going to defend myself. Some people are terrible and I think its weakness to sit there and let someone harm you.

I agree with Stukov. Just because a tool is made specifically to destroy does not make it evil.
Destruction is the most important aspect of Creation. Take a simple saw for instance. It's only use it to destroy matter, yet it can be used in just as many positive ways as it can be negative. You can cut down a tree, you can cut through metal, or you can cut through a man. All of those things have several different moralistic ways of viewing them.

At he end of the day, it's all about intent.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Stukov wrote:
Desecrated wrote:

Thou shall not kill.

Even if a pedophile comes running at your kid with an axe you are still destroying his life when you shoot him.
Even if we ignore him, your kid just saw somebody die, there is blood every ware, you might be going to jail.
When life gets destroyed it ripples out in many ways, even if the original intent was justified.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I agree with Stukov. Just because a tool is made specifically to destroy does not make it evil.
Destruction is the most important aspect of Creation. Take a simple saw for instance. It's only use it to destroy matter, yet it can be used in just as many positive ways as it can be negative. You can cut down a tree, you can cut through metal, or you can cut through a man. All of those things have several different moralistic ways of viewing them.

A saw isn't made for destruction, it's made to cut things apart.
Cutting down a tree is a destructive action, but you can also amputee an infected leg and save somebodies life.

But a gun has no medical use. It only fires projectiles. And since it destroys the target it's not detail-oriented enough to use as a tool.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Desecrated wrote:

A saw isn't made for destruction, it's made to cut things apart.
Cutting down a tree is a destructive action, but you can also amputee an infected leg and save somebodies life.

But a gun has no medical use. It only fires projectiles. And since it destroys the target it's not detail-oriented enough to use as a tool.
A saw is completely made for destruction.
The entire action of cutting something is a process that destroys matter, therefore it is a tool of destruction, it the same way that a gun is, and the same way a knife is.
Very few tools made by man are actually for creating. Just because it can save a life does not mean the process itself is one of creation, and there are only two sides to that coin.
All creatures, but humans especially, need to live off of the sustenance of other living creatures. That's just the way life works. A gun that is made to kill is also made to survive, just as any tool is.
There are not so clear of lines of distinction when it comes to good and bad in these regards.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Even the act of planting a seed is the destruction of a previous form and the creation of a new one.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Haelos wrote:Even the act of planting a seed is the destruction of a previous form and the creation of a new one.
That is a bit extreme.
you plant it so that it can live, you help it grow. Sometimes you can create without destroying first. You don't tear down the entire house just to repaint it.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Desecrated wrote:
Haelos wrote:Even the act of planting a seed is the destruction of a previous form and the creation of a new one.
That is a bit extreme.
you plant it so that it can live, you help it grow. Sometimes you can create without destroying first. You don't tear down the entire house just to repaint it.
You're correct in everything you said, but that isn't the point.
You were attempting to make the point that a gun is evil, because it's only made to destroy.
I was offering you a counter-argument, by saying destruction alone cannot be so easily classified into good and evil.

In fact, good and evil are the exact same thing. Just two different levels of the same scale of measurement. It's subjective, and anything concerning morals will be subjective to personal experience as well.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Desecrated wrote:Thou shall not kill.

Even if a pedophile comes running at your kid with an axe you are still destroying his life when you shoot him.
Even if we ignore him, your kid just saw somebody die, there is blood every ware, you might be going to jail.
When life gets destroyed it ripples out in many ways, even if the original intent was justified.
As I said, I will have to respectfully disagree. If life is precious I think that we have a duty to protect it from those who wish to violate it. In terms of self-defense, you don't shoot to kill, you shoot till the threat is gone. The thing is there are some people in this world who won't ever stop trying to hurt or kill you until they are themselves incapacitated. It would be great if we could all just put up a shield and protect us from harm, but that isn't realty. I also don't think death is something to be feared, which seems like I'm being contradictory, but revering life doesn't mean you have to find death abhorrent. Death happens all the time, it is transition from one form to another. Even if you don't believe in the cycle of things, even if death was the end, you have to remember that we of those alive today are here because others are dead. The physical world is about transformation. Matter transforming from one form of existence to another. Not to sound all new-agey (some of those folks annoy me), but it is true to a sense we were all once "star dust". One day we were all part of the Earth, and unless we become multi-planetary or explore our galaxy, we will return to the earth. We leave our mark on the world for as long as we can and then we move on.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”