Technique for Developing Clairvoyance

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Technique for Developing Clairvoyance

Post by Asurendra »

I was corresponding with an individual and discussing techniques of Trataka Yoga (the yoga of the fixed gaze) and development of Clairvoyance. I explained to him how I did it, which is the method I am copying from the letter and posting here. I hope someone else may also benefit from this practice.

To practice this technique you work with five basic shapes that are called 'tattwas.' These are symbols of the four classical Elements and Aether, Chi in Chinese & Prana in India, that is the substratum of the others. These do not have to be large, about 8 to 10 inches, and you can use colored paper or markers so long as the primary color in the shape is solid. They are:

Yellow square   -  Earth   -  Archangel Uriel / North
Silver/ white crescent - Water   - Archangel Gabriel  / West
Red triangle - Fire   - Archangel Michael / South
Blue circle   -  Air -  Archangel Raphael / East
Black egg  - Aether - Archangel Metatron

The Element and angelic association is not relevant to this technique. I am noting it for your information and should you wish to work with the tattwas in a different way in the future. This practice is foundation to such undertakings. They can be used as gateways.  Don't worry (I can guess your concern), while these can be used as 'windows' into and doorways to the Elemental Realms you will not be opening them.

First, an exercise to help work with the tattwa better. Raise your arms in front of you and touch your index fingers together, then draw them apart maybe six inches. You can vary this distance to see what works best for you. Keep adjusting your focus until you can see the tips of your fingers and your nails as a phantom third finger or a fingernail 'sausage' floating between the two fingers. Learn to maintain this mirage image solidly and consistently.

Now you're ready to begin. Prepare by having a dark room with a single light that you can easily reach to turn off, such as a lamp on a desk. Have a clear space. Begin working with the square. Place this on the cleared space with the light on it. Stare at the square, blinking as little as possible, for 120 seconds. As an optical effect, you will see a flashing afterimage. Turn off the light and look at a flat surface in the dark, like a wall.

The practice here is to learn to focus your eyes to retain this afterimage as long as possible. Also, to be able to recall it to your physical sight. This can be delicate as we are not used to using our eyes this way and it may take some time to develop. Don't overdo it, but, if you work consistently you will succeed.

To see an afterimage takes some time focusing on one point. You will know you are making progress when you look down at your hands in low light, focus your eyes and see your aura. This is not an afterimage of your hand because it happens immediately. You may also notice artifacts that are not normally there such as thin, luminous tubes and sparkles, particularly as you move your fingers around. Your fingertips may have a flame-like quality. You will notice this type of luminescence on objects as well but of a different quality. This is seeing into the Etheric Realm or the lower Astral Plane.

Work for a week with each tattwa. You may some resonate better with you than others. I would say give it ten weeks so you have a chance to work with each one in depth.

FastBackward
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Technique for Developing Clairvoyance

Post by FastBackward »

Is this technique similar to the ones posted in John Mumford's book? http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Tattwa-Ca ... 1567184723

I'm looking to develop my sight, but am working on probably too much already to get involved with another system right now. I have only glanced through his book, but from what I can recall your technique seems to be more efficient and geared specifically towards sight. Thank you for posting this. :)

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”