The Lesser Key of Solomon

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Lesser Key of Solomon

Post by Phantasm »

I'm wondering if anyone here knows a place where I can find a translated copy of the Ars Goetia, the Ars Theurgia-Goetia, or the Ars Notoria. I've been searching for a decently translated copy of the Lesser Key of Solomon for a while but I haven't found anything that's reputable besides The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon, which was translated back in 1904 but I'm looking for something more recent with a bit more of a scholarly or academic focus on the 72 Pillars of Solomon and the practice by which King Solomon bound said demons to his service. Also I'll restate it just to clear things up, I want these portions of the Lemegeton for academic purposes. If anyone has some recommendations to other translations or similar books to the Lesser Key of Solomon then I'd be very glad to get your input.
The shadow of Death surrounds us like fog and the light of Life traps us like a cage.

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Lesser Key of Solomon

Post by Urscumug »

There is quite a lot of material over here: http://esotericarchives.com/

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

That is quite a lot of material there but I was looking for an actual book that I could but off of Amazon or something and have a hard copy, or if not that but a copy of the actual grimoire itself to learn from. Even though digital copies are extremely helpful, I like to be able to mark interesting things or take notes within the margins of the book so I can see my notes when looking directly at a page.
The shadow of Death surrounds us like fog and the light of Life traps us like a cage.

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Urscumug »

The site owner also wrote books http://esotericarchives.com/books.htm like the lesser key

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

Do you know if his books include any of the rituals that Solomon used or even hints as to where the Ring of Solomon is? Solomon has always been one of my idols in terms of magick and I would love to learn what types of rituals and spells he used to bind his 72 Pillars but I don't think any books have that kind of information besides, maybe, the translation of the Ars Notoria.

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Urscumug »

I've read most parts of the lesser key (although not the ars notoria) and found no such information. You find all his raw material on his site, so if this information exists there is high probability that you'll find it there.
I always thought that Solomon was an legendary figure...

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

Alright, I'll look through his raw material and hopefully find something that will point me to the rituals Solomon used to bind his Pillars. Also what do you mean by saying that you've always thought of Solomon was a legendary figure?

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Urscumug »

I meant that it never occurred to me that Solomon was a real person.

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

Ahhh, well there is a lot of evidence that Solomon was a real person but it's still unfathomable, even with today's standards, to be able to evoke and constrain so many high ranking demons, which might be why most people don't believe that he was a real person.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

www.sacred-texts.com/grim/index.htm

Who knows where the actual book of keys is now? Perhaps locked away deep in the British National Library or somewhere worse..
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

I think that the true grimoires of King Solomon are either in his Temple or even possibly carried by his descendants due to the fact that King Solomon is said to have cherished his grimoires and his ring above all else but obviously there's no true evidence as to where they are so the only true way to find that out might be to evoke the spirit of King Solomon himself if such a thing is possible, but I wouldn't attempt it myself because trying to converse with someone who evoked and constrained 72 demons is not a spirit to be bothered.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Phantasm wrote:I think that the true grimoires of King Solomon are either in his Temple or even possibly carried by his descendants due to the fact that King Solomon is said to have cherished his grimoires and his ring above all else but obviously there's no true evidence as to where they are so the only true way to find that out might be to evoke the spirit of King Solomon himself if such a thing is possible, but I wouldn't attempt it myself because trying to converse with someone who evoked and constrained 72 demons is not a spirit to be bothered.
I'll do it!
Solomon wasn't a bad person, he was a great emperor!

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

I know Solomon wasn't a bad person but he did covet knowledge and we all know (hopefully) that depending on the person, knowledge can lead to madness kind of like Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars because his pursuit of knowledge lead him down a path of madness and darkness, but if you do summon Solomon then please let me know if you found out where his ring and his grimoires are, I've been wanting to read those grimoires for almost 4 years now. Also I do have to say that out of all the Emperors and Kings I've researched, Solomon is the greatest and most successful in terms of a good economy and a peaceful kingdom and the only one who rivals him would be Ramses the Great who was the one who unified Egypt if I remember correctly.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Phantasm wrote:I know Solomon wasn't a bad person but he did covet knowledge and we all know (hopefully) that depending on the person, knowledge can lead to madness kind of like Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars because his pursuit of knowledge lead him down a path of madness and darkness, but if you do summon Solomon then please let me know if you found out where his ring and his grimoires are, I've been wanting to read those grimoires for almost 4 years now. Also I do have to say that out of all the Emperors and Kings I've researched, Solomon is the greatest and most successful in terms of a good economy and a peaceful kingdom and the only one who rivals him would be Ramses the Great who was the one who unified Egypt if I remember correctly.
Perhaps he'd like to share some of the knowledge he came across then, as well as anything he's learned Outside the universe.. After all, it's been near about 3000 years since he was alive.

Phantasm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phantasm »

Maybe he will share some knowledge, although I really would like his ring for a little bit then I'll return it to him once I get a hang of controlling demons like he did but the rumors that his ring allows him control over demons might be a farce but it's worth a shot right? Also I do kind of want to know what Solomon's gift to humanity was that most people that heavily research Solomon have talked about, but then again that might also be a rumor and nothing more. Hell I might just summon Solomon to get some answers out of him, so many questions that need answering yet so little time to get them answered.

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”