CREATING OWN ALPHABET SYSTEM AS A SIGIL/WRITINGS FOR MAGICK

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Scraw Darkblade
Forum Member
Forum Member

CREATING OWN ALPHABET SYSTEM AS A SIGIL/WRITINGS FOR MAGICK

Post by Scraw Darkblade »

Greetings,
I would like to ask to those who have done it or who wants to do it or even know who have done something like this kind of idea: "create your own alphabet system as a sigil/writings for your own magick and work.

Basically, we know that words, incantations, languages, symbols, markings, sigils or any form of writings in every culture or sect, etc. have their own alphabet systems. And this system makes the very foundation of communication of a certain group of people.

Now to understand my intention. I would like to share an insight that I have been thinking since it popped up on my head.
While I am looking at the book called 777 published by Aleister Crowley (I am not pure themalite practitioner) I realized that the book is a compilation of correspondences according to sephiroth which make all systems abide as well as the culture "in-line" with every aspect of paths of/and of sephiroth. While concentrating on kabbalah (correspondence) itself I then got an idea that I could make an alphabet/symbols that could represent each path/sephiroth .
for example:

In sephiroth 1: it is the kether/white brillance/AHIH etc. Which comprises the meaning of that sephiroth. By going deeply into its correlation, we could make an alphabet for that sephiroth and as for example, we could relate it to letter "A" so on and so forth

Now guided by the quote of Donald Kraig:
"Magick is not what you do, it is who you are" I came into conclusion that we could do magick if we are properly attuned and understand its occult meaning. Now, each of us can argue in one system to another system of magick/yoga and we can adapt one system and combine it with other system to fully customized it to become "ours".
If I could make an alphabet of mine that I can write on my book of shadows/journal, use as sigil and ascribing through my mind all the correspondence I have mustered in one symbol, that kind of alphabet is a powerful attunement, mental magick, and learning to a student like me.

I would like to hear you opinion on this be negative, positive or both, may I grasp each of your idea and create a synthesis for the purpose of attaining advancement to my work and provide an idea as well to those who can be enlightened by aforementioned topic.

Thanks in advance!
Scraw

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: CREATING OWN ALPHABET SYSTEM AS A SIGIL/WRITINGS FOR MAG

Post by Desecrated »

Austin Osman Spare did exactly what you are talking about.
In the book Liber Null & Psychonaut, Peter J Carroll describes it at bit easier, so I recommend getting that one.

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: CREATING OWN ALPHABET SYSTEM AS A SIGIL/WRITINGS FOR MAG

Post by Urscumug »

Two good sources of inspiration:

Stealing the Fire from Heaven by Stephen Mace. Based on Spare's method, he goes through the process of the creation of your own alphabet of desire using automatic drawing.

Hellrunar by Jan Fries. This book is more rune oriented but his opinion is that there are many and ancient systems similar to runes and he explains how to attune yourself to existing runes or create your own.

I didn't experienced any of them but they are definitively on my todo list. Both are long term processes, it's a good point but this mean you cannot just spend a weekend on this.

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”