Telepathic message encoding and Sehr and Shamanism

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Telepathic message encoding and Sehr and Shamanism

Post by Firice »

Hi dear all. I'm quite certain a benevolent person has been able to send me a telepathic message. The message was hidden in a picture that can't be understood with the conscious mind but can be interpreted in the form of a dream during half-asleep state. I have read about Sehr and Visual Magic by Frey. Encoding words and letters with "states" - isn't this the same thing evil magicians would do to curse someone? What is this practice called? I'd be grateful if someone could suggest the best path to learn this technique. Thanks.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Telepathic message encoding and Sehr and Shamanism

Post by Shinichi »

Psychically reading information from objects is called Psychometry.

I don't know who this Frey you're reading is, or what he has to say of Seidr, but "Visual Magic" is a term used for the kind of Magick that we use Poppets/Voodoo Dolls for. Another term still is Sympathetic Magick, as I recall. A popular use for this kind of Work certainly is cursing, but you can also use it for Healing, Protection, and plenty of other things too.

I'm not really sure what all this has to do with "states" or "Seidr" though. Even if you consider Sympathetic Magick to be part of Seidr, and I would, it's only a very small portion of what Seidr is.

~:Shin:~

Firice
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Firice »

Hi Shinichi. Thanks for your reply about the term psychometry. I think it was jan fries who wrote visual magic.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Ah, Jan Fries. His work is certainly interesting, but if you want to study Seidr you should also read these works:

The Book of Seidr, by Runic John.
Sedir: The Gate is Open, by Katie Gerrard.
Nine Worlds of Seid-Magic, by Jenny Blain.
The Return of the Völva: Recovering the Practice of Seiðr, Diana L. Paxson.

Also, look for the Bibliographies and Footnotes in those, especially in the two books by Katie and Jenny. Those lists of resources that they based their research off of have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom as well, though some of those books are hard to find since they are out of print. The Book of Seidr is my personal favorite out of this list. Runic John does not give you much scholarship and stuff, but he does give you plenty of instructions on how to actually practice Seidr like he does: learning to feel and control energies, learning to enter trance, learning to travel outside your body and communicate with the spirits, and so on. The Book of Seidr isn't an all-encompassing work, and there is much else to learn, but it is a good beginner introduction to Seidr as a modern shamanistic practice.

~:Shin:~

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”