Liber MMM discussion - Discipline 2: Breathing

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Liber MMM discussion - Discipline 2: Breathing

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Eremita wrote: I hope this is a positive development for you, and no bastardry on the part of your former employer occurred. <3
I suggested to the rest of the team that we should work together to come up with a better roster. Someone sent my email to a manager, and he decided it was a personal attack against his management skills and cancelled my contract. He also said that the company won't give me a reference, so finding a new job is going to be tough.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

tonight (Tue) 21 minutes motionless + breathing

I notice some of you are posting a result for motionless and also a time for breathing are you supposed to do motionless meditation then breathing , I thought it was both together which is what I've been doing

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

beero wrote:tonight (Tue) 21 minutes motionless + breathing

I notice some of you are posting a result for motionless and also a time for breathing are you supposed to do motionless meditation then breathing , I thought it was both together which is what I've been doing
Each discipline flows into the next. You attain motionlessness, then focus on breathing. It's up to you if you record them separately, and also how much time you assign to each step. If you can attain motionlessness and breathing at the same time, then that's awesome. If you need a couple of minutes to focus your body before starting the breathing exercise, then that's fine too. You will find it much easier to find moments of not thinking if you make this a progression, but you shouldn't limit your own advancement if you can go quickly from motionlessness to breathing.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Wed - motionless + breathing 10 min then 2nd attempt motionless + breathing 25 min
Thu - motionless + breathing 12 min then 2nd attempt motionless + breathing 20 min

I've been finding I often need to make two attempts to get anywhere near the 30 min mark but this is very challenging for me to fit into my day

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Friday - motionlessness + breathing 12 minutes
Saturday - motionlessness + breathing 25 minutes
Sunday - motionlessness + breathing 18 minutes
Monday - motionlessness + breathing 10 minutes then 2nd attempt 17 minutes
today (Tuesday) - motionlessness + breathing 15 minutes

I feel I'm making quite slow progress here, I was wondering if some people who make quick progress with exercises like these have found it useful to create self hypnosis tapes for greater success with them - it occurred to me that it might but not sure what suggestions would be helpful exactly

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

beero wrote:
I feel I'm making quite slow progress here, I was wondering if some people who make quick progress with exercises like these have found it useful to create self hypnosis tapes for greater success with them - it occurred to me that it might but not sure what suggestions would be helpful exactly
You're doing extremely well, beero - you should do whatever works for you. I find sitting motionless in front of the TV is great - you combine two things, plus the time just flies by. You don't have to distance your mind in this discipline, this is all about training your body to stay still. I also find having things to distract you is great for both the breathing and motionlessness disciplines - don't push this, just go with what works.

Hows everyone else doing? It's gone very silent here all of a sudden.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

I've been completely inactive in this program recently. I also expressed interest in cyberdemon's course, but I simply have not had the time to read the preliminary materials (sorry cyberdemon!). I've started back at university and just generally had far too much mundane stuff to do lately, which is unfortunate.

I'm still putting in short periods of meditation sporadically but no serious sessions in weeks. Nothing to write home about.

Man down! [cry]

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

I tried a few different ways of doing this exercise today
I woke up a bit earlier than my alarm so I tried doing this lying in bed and managed 25 minutes of motionlessness + breathing quite effortlessly - I'm going to try and do it like this any day I have time in the morning because that is it done for the day then, that would work quite well for me.
I had also had a go of this exercise while watching TV but didn't feel that it went quite well I managed fifteen minutes, but I will try this again as well as it seems like another good way of fitting the exercises into my day relatively painlessly.
question - I thought if you do this with your eyes open you weren't allowed even to blink - if you do this exercise while watching TV are you allowed to blink - I wouldn't last 5 seconds otherwise
lastly I had a go at the exercise while listening to my tibetan singing bowls mp3 that was quite a good meditation and I managed 20 minutes.
so I've done a fair bit of experimenting with this today.. I was considering trying this exercise while listening to a binaural track - I could make a 30 minute track easily - do you think there would be anything wrong with using binaural beats for these liber MMM exercises?

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

I've been failing even shorter intervals. I'll try to find a time in the next week. I'll use binaural beats, if it is permitted but I can't have my state altered too much while focusing studying. I kind of do need to distance my mind. If I go too far, I my heart races and I even have experienced a syncope once during meditation. The torturous voices re-entered my life for some reason. Sorry about never posting on this thread, I am quite constantly occupied. However, I believe that a time of peace is approaching.
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nothing is Real. Everything is Permitted. Do what works. See if Binaural beats work, and if it works then use it. The parameters of this exercise are that you don't move and you concentrate on your breathing. That's it, as long as you follow those parameters it is up to you how you achieve them.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

last Thursday - 20 min motionlessness + breathing in the evening
last Friday - 30 min motionlessness + breathing in the morning before rising
last Saturday - 30 min motionlessness + breathing in the morning before rising
last Sunday - 30 min motionlessness + breathing in the morning before rising
Monday - 30 min motionlessness + breathing in the morning before rising
Tuesday - 30 min motionlessness + breathing in the evening
today (Wednessday) - 20 min motionlessness + breathing in the evening

I have been trying clockwork ghost's suggestion of doing it in the morning before rising I find this is a good way to achieve this exercise when I have time and remember to do it in the morning otherwise if I try in the evening I am still struggling to get to the 30 minute mark

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

What do you do when you have virus but want to keep practice? My nostrils were absolutly blocked off through last week and that made me spend some more time on motionless & [crazy] not thinking lessons.

I started breathin practice again and now I train focusing while walking cause I am little bored of motionless after illnes.

Keep good work and have fun [thumbup]
Praise teh Sun \[T]/
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

last Thursday - 20 minutes motionlessness + breathing just before bed
last Friday - 15 minutes motionlessness + breathing
last Saturday - 30 minutes motionlessness + breathing
last Sunday - 30 minutes motionlessness + breathing
Monday - 28 minutes motionlessness + breathing
Tuesday - 13 minutes motionlessness + breathing
Wednesday (today) 30 minutes motionlessness + breathing

I am getting to the point where I can often get to or near the 30 minute mark when I am not too short of time

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

beero, I am blown away! Those are incredible results - well done! Like I mentioned in the not-thinking thread, now start to focus on using each step as a stepping stone - become motionless, attain rhythmic breathing, then switch off. You can do this in as little as ten minutes, but you need to reach that point where you're comfortable being still, calmed from the breathing exercise before you drop into no-mind. The key is a sort of complete lack of concentration - this is what this prepares you for as a conscious exercise; the ability to simply drop into a null state when you need to attain magick. This creates gnosis, the most effective state to practice in.

Serenaisa22
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenaisa22 »

Yesterday morning - lying position - 17 min. I tried immediatelly again in cross legged position - again 17 minutes. I tried again in the evening - sitting cross-legged - 27 minutes. I had to stop because of intense pain in my leg.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Wow! 27 minutes is a really amazing effort! Well done! I've found that the most comfortable positions seem to end up the most painful for some reason, I don't know why. A good office chair works really well as they tend to be designed so you can comfortably sit in them for eight hours straight.

Serenaisa22
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenaisa22 »

I did it again - 27 minutes - and then pain again. Maybe I should try a lying posture - but I usually fall asleep. Or maybe 27 has some special meaning for me. [wink]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I on the other hand can only lie down on my back. If I try sitting or something more complicated it is very uncomfortable after some time. Be sure you eat and drink well then you will have energy to not sleep. ^^
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

If you want a challenge, and are up for a bit of test of your abilities, try this standing. Go for a couple of minutes motionless, then breathing, then a moment or two of nothingness - you can do it, and it will show you just how far you've come [thumbup]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I tried breathing exercise while walking(very confusing). Not thinking I try to keep in many moments of day. In my job there is lots of small time gaps that are perfect for it. Maybe I will try motionless and breathing while standing.

Serenaisa22
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenaisa22 »

Not so good today - only 20 minutes - then it got so hot in the room that I had to stop.

shmatka
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by shmatka »

whenever I start breathing consciously I always start hyper ventilating. I dont know if this is correct or even healthy, but if I start it by breathing randomly I just can't find a proper pace and i get led into frustration. so I hyper ventilate (not very hard, as this comes effortlessly for me), and slowly step up the amount of air I inhale/exhale. other way I found out was, breathing in the most I can, then out, repeat sometimes, until comes a point where it naturally eases out (not-thinking bit) and I can literally feel the air coming in and out by itself. one time I felt my heartbeats throughout my body, very nice. but then this is where the motionless bit becomes a little tricky for me, its like, i feel rather stuck in the body, cant get out, aaaaghh!
in terms of duration, I would say about 5 minutes to get to that state I mentioned, and then no more than 2 in it. I feel like I will explode after such time and I snap out of it. maybe im not doing it correctly?

frackture
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by frackture »

Do you guys sometimes feel the urge to take a really deep breath?

When i try to meditate for a long time, my breath cycle starts to get really short, i inhale just a bit hold it and exhale. I'm not sure if I stop breathing for a moment or if i'm just breathing too slow for my metabolism, but sometimes i take a really long breath involuntarily, when this happen it kinda surprises me.

After this happens I focus my mind on breathing and resume. I'm not sure if I should do it this way, or if I should stop and start again.

Any one had similar experiences?

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

@fracture: I think you have good idea of what is wrong. You over oxygen yourself so you take a break from breathing and then after stabilization you need to restart process so you exhale all the CO2 and inhale vast amount of air to recompensate break.

Hyperventilation. I started this practice after quiting cigarrets and that was my main problem. But with time and experience(of your own body) you should have no problem taking little slower/diffrent pace that will finally make you not overload yourself with oxygen. [thumbup]

You should try taking diffrent aproaches. I spent much time on this practice coz breathing is quiet important(it helps live this life of ours) in every pratice.

To stabilize your breathing I recommend physical exercises: This way you should faster have idea of your oxygen needs.

Have a good day and Praise teh Sun within a Cloud \[T]/ [cool]

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Here I have found my stepping stone. No matter what I do, breathing seems forced and it won't fall into natural rhythm. I am constantly aware of it, not being able to fully relax; it kinda seems like I'm drowning. So I have decided intentionally to stop smoking. Also I'm singing better day by day as practices help me to develop my lungs, increase their capacity, and to learn how to breathe properly. I believe I will need some time for this. One thing I don't know yet, but reiki-practitioner told me that I have energy blockage on the torso and I'm thinking could that have some negative effects on my breathing. I'm not so sure yet, and I'm not in the position to ask him to help me. But I think it's time to make my move on all fronts.

Return to “School of Magick Archive”