Creating a sigil

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Creating a sigil

Post by Maya The Generator »

Whatcha sain bout that fellas, tried my best to translate it goood to English!

"I will be guided through my challenges with exceptional luck"

I am working on few more as I wanted to test some things. I even thought about starting my little series in my Journal: Sigil Wars - The Stickman Wars crosses Reality of Chaos. But for it to began I need more wishes to create heroes.

And then make them FIGHT FOR LIFE!

Praise Teh Sun \[T]/ [yay]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

That is too complex, and parts of it can't be accurately measured. Consider 'I will be lucky', what you have currently involves too many nebulous concepts. How would you be 'guided'? Such a thing isn't creating a state of being, it's suggesting a method. A SOI needs to state what you will become, not how you will get there.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Okay, so we have our SOI, now what? The next stage is to remove certain parts of the SOI. There are two schools of thought on this - either remove all the duplicate letters, or remove all duplicate letters and all vowels. For this exercise we will go with the latter. So, here is my SOI again:

My business will become successful

We remove all duplicate letters and vowels (in this instance y is being considered a vowel), and get the following:

MBSNWLCF

Now it's your turn. It helps to write the reduced SOI in capital letters, and without spaces. The reason why will become obvious later on.

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

SOI: My symbols will have the breathe of life

MSBLWHVRTF

I made a few sigils already, but they might be a bit convoluted and have the wrong method. We should all show images of our sigils made by the end of this exercise. Sorry for inactivity.
EDIT: my original method involved forgetting the SOI after the sigil was built, and later naming it again after construction.
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

That's great Deathquota, very nice SOI, though make sure you can quantify what it means for a symbol to have the 'breath of life'. You may wish to refine it to simply say 'My symbols will have their own life', which would make your reduced SOI MSBLWHVTNF.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Okay, so now we all have our reduced SOI. Next thing to do is to turn the reduced SOI into a sigil. This is fairly easy - you take your SOI and rearrange the letters so that they form a picture. My sigil now looks like this...
sigil.jpg
The idea here is that this picture means the same as the words I wrote, it's just reduced down to a form that my subconscious mind recognises, but my conscious mind doesn't. Now you guys try...

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello there guys and girls. I had some hard time(I was ill and there is few working occasions = lack of financial flexibility :( ) but that made me think about few things. I made my mind about some objectives I need to take upon shoulders right now. So I wanted to make few SOI with diffrent aproaches. Tell me what ya think about them. I won't charge them all at once, I am not even sure If I will charge anyone of them before I know what you all have to say.
[pray] [yay]
"I will encounter a lot of work opportunities"
"My financial capabilities will greatly improve"
"I am healthy and develope good body mechanics"
"My perspective is abundant and clear of illusions"
[pray] [yay]
I will translate them(after I decide what I am satisfied with) to my native language so don't be surprised when my picture and letters will be diffrent after I upload them.

Keep the good work guys, work hard and have fun. [thumbup]

and Praise teh Sun \[T]/ !! [cool]
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

I chose to change my SOI to your recommendation, Clockwork Ghost
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

That's awesome Deathquota. Maya, take one SOI and reduce it down to a sigil using the method detailed above. Deathquota, next take that image and take away as much of the 'clutter' as possible - consider removing any lines that just look like they're making the sigil look too complex, but make sure you keep the overal image as intact as possible. I don't have my sigil to use as an example, but look at the image as if it was a picture of a creature, then imagine what part of the creature each letter is. Those bits on the side could be wings, for example. Redraw your sigil as a servitor - the sigil drawn as a creature, as opposed to a collection of letters. Does that make sense?

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Clockwork_Ghost wrote:Okay, so now we all have our reduced SOI. Next thing to do is to turn the reduced SOI into a sigil. This is fairly easy - you take your SOI and rearrange the letters so that they form a picture. My sigil now looks like this...
sigil.jpg
The idea here is that this picture means the same as the words I wrote, it's just reduced down to a form that my subconscious mind recognises, but my conscious mind doesn't. Now you guys try...
Okay, so I cant find my camera right now, but I've modifed this sigil. The C inside the 'eye' is now a circle with an eye, the back part is now a wing, and the S at the bottom a long tail. I've converted the top bit into horns, and the bit out the front into a penis. It's all line drawings, but it looks less like a collection of letters and more like a servitor/creature/thing. Does it still mean the same? Of course it does! I remember creating it from a sentence - it might not look like words, but it is a subconscious trigger for a concept.

Anyone else still following this? If you are, start to put together your sigil into a servitor form. Next we will be charging them, using some of what we've learned in our studies of Liber MMM [grin]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I will try to make a photo today/tomorrow so I can share. I am still here. There is just lots of work to be done and I jump from one job to another all the time so It is hard to focus on something [crazy]

Praise Teh Sun [cool] \[T]/

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I have been struggling with time so I post somewhat late:
I decided for my sig: "My financial capabilities will greatly improve". [gz]
But from my last post I didn't spend much time on it. I try to draw my sigils with Flow, I need to feel its pattern.
I feel it but not quiet strong enough yet. I will try to update it today coz I need to challenge myself. [thumbup]

Do you sometimes have problems translating from english to your native language?
This soi I made is craking my mind for how I can translate it [eg]

Have fun and Praise teh Sun \[T]/ [cool]

EDIT: Little after posting I was enlightened. There is my work, I am interested to hear opinion.
Attachments
Obraz 001.jpg

Serenaisa22
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenaisa22 »

I have the same problem regarding language - what sounds so good in english doesn't necessarilly sound good in native language. So I am wondering, is it necessary to use native language or does it function equally well in english?
[question]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I dont see a problem doing ritual in another language or even mixing them, but I dont feel cool with it so I dont do it. [thumbup]

But hey, why not? [grin]

Have fun and Praise Teh Sun \[T]/

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

The language you perform magick in doesn't matter.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

@Clockwork_Knight: How about this lesson? When can we expect "last" updates? I am very interested of your mind set and technique. Or do I charge it and absorbe on my own?

I know you are a busy man and you started Tarot pratice lately so you propably have no time at all. There is no pressure, just questions. [gz]

Praise Teh Sun [cool]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

We are going to charge it through gnosis, which requires that you can obtain no-mind. Once you have achieved a couple of seconds no-mind then we will go on to charging the sigil.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Couple of seconds sounds like much but with good preperation through day I think I could archieve that.

Weekend is coming and it is perfect time for me to do something so I think I will try investing my time.

Or maybe I am little to hyped? [oh]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

I had little conversation with entity I am accompanied lately. She told me I should perform Today. I do not know why but I have a feeling she is pushing me to challenge my Fears from past so I want to try. I will propably update in next 7 hours. If somebody have any thing in mind about my doings I am very happy to hear them. I will be looking through forum for next hours but I am not sure when I start my little experiment.

(I know, hasty but I find this experience much needed)

Praise teh Sun within a Cloud [cool]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yestarday was perfect. I done cleansing ritual of my own. I meditated under stream of water. Mind was at peak so I let go of thought for God know how long. I got with me flat glass surface on which I scribed Sigil to charge. Made it flow through me. And to close everything I banished for the first time with my own composition. Everything was spontanious and with very low preperation time. How will my doings work I have absolutly no idea in a moment but I must say even if chargin did not go well Cleansing and Banishing ritual for the first time in my life were this intense! [pray]

I think Felicita did not care about Sigil at all but more about everything else. She said she was satysfied with my doin. [gz]

So, thats my report. If something kicks in I will for sure leave a note.(I know, somewhat offtopic merged with topic but could not resist sending it like that)

Have a good day guys and Praise Teh Sun within a Cloud \[T]/ [cool]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Be careful not to give your sigil too much energy when you charge it or you will also give it a personality, and that will make getting rid of it a bit like drowning a kitten, and you really dont want that, it isnt fair to either you or your servitor. Sigil formed servitors have to be considered similar to kitchen utensils, not pets.

Okay, so with this next we are going to attain gnosis and fire off the sigil. The easiest way to do this, and the primary joke you will hear about chaos magick, is through sexual gnosis - ie masturbation. There are many other ways of obtaining gnosis, you can achieve a state of no-mind quicker and quicker the longer you practice Liber MMM, but if you need quick results then masturbation is basically the way to go.

Make sure you can see your sigil throughout the process (how you get off is entirely up to you), and at the point of orgasm push that energy and your will into your sigil. Once you have done this, burn your sigil and try to forget about it. The energy you gave the sigil through your gnostic state will act like a battery - the sigil will now go to work, doing whatever you told it to do, and you need not do anything else for the present.

Next post I'll cover keeping track of sigil servitors, killing them, and refueling the ones that you may wish to keep, plus what to do to give them more personality and character if you want to develop them into an egregore.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

You know my situation a little Clockwork_Knight, you know I had to drown few. I am sad I did not know that before. But on the other hand, In todays pratice I feel many times that power I could sent when I was kiddo now is much more weaker.

Blind faith of my childhood was surely stronger than I am now.

Disciplin is what I need right now. Plus stronger and healthier body.

Praise teh [yay]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Make sure you don't give servitors too much of your own energy for too long, or try to run too many servitors at once. Each expenditure of energy will cost you in the long run - when you kill your servitor, when it has performed its task, remember to envision the life force of the servitor returning to you once again.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

As I have dealt with the exam quite easily, I have to change my SOI to be able to continue. But the problem is, I have only one strong desire. I feel that working up that way with sigils could bring me only doom and despair - as a matter of fact, any method except my own discipline and hard work. So I could try with something more mundane and trivial. I'll think about it for few days and come up with something.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

EternalReturn wrote:I'll think about it for few days and come up with something.
There's no reason you can't write sigils for trivial things. Phil Hine and Grant Morrison actually recommend it.

Return to “School of Magick Archive”