HALL OF FLAME: summoning a famous dead person

The naughty step, the fighting pit, where topics come to die and moderation is generally lighter.

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

HALL OF FLAME: summoning a famous dead person

Post by Adramalech »

pretty soon (actually this saturday afternoon) i have a ritual to determine weather or not i can become a full initiate in our necromancy order instead of just a trainee. im not that nervous because High Priest Vincent has trained me well and i have been practicing every day. problem is, i am cutting it close. basically the necromancy elders from other parts of georgia (like stone mountain, savannah, and atlanta) will come to valdosta and watch me do a SUMMONING RITUAL. i dont want it to be boring because they have all summoned like a hundred different things before so some lesser imp or regular human spirit or something would probably put them all to sleep. so i decided i would try to summon someone FAMOUS.

so for the last week i have been trying to summon RONNIE JAMES DIO. i know at least High Priest Vincent was pretty torn up when he died and so i thought i would do this one as a suprise. probably at least one of the other elders likes Dio too anyways because come on who doesnt. but i have tried the ritual the last two nights and both times it didnt work. i am getting pretty desperite here so i will do it again tonight and take notes in this log as i do and if anyone notices where im making some amateur mistake maybe they can tell me.

step 1: draw the summoning circle

i just drew a pentagram on the attic floor with red chalk purchased especially from a company that makes supplies for this sort of ritual so i know ive got the right kind of chalk. also Victor taught me how to draw the circle himself so i know i did that part right. i put candles all around the circle and some in other places in the room for lighting and mood purposes. i am supposed to out ronnie's sigil in the middle but how the hell should i know what that is so i just put BLACK SABBATH in chalk in the middle.

step 2: put the attractor posession in the triangle

its much easier to summon a wayward spirit to a place if you have a posession it owned in human life, or a hair, or a picture of it, or something connected to it. i really dont have anything that dio owned but i do have a CD of HEAVEN AND HELL so i put that in the middle with a pack of cigarettes and a picture of one of his hotter groupies that i found on google.

step 3: begin the incantation

i just lit incense that is aquamarine scented. as soon as i stop writing this paragraph i will say this:

I entreat thee RONNIE JAMES DIO to manifest before me so you may give me true and faithful answer, so that I may accomplish my desired end, provided that it is proper to your office. This I respectfully and humbly ask in Your Name.

step 4: wait

okay i did it. now i wait and concentrate, sitting in the full lotus position in front of the circle until i feel his presence sweep into the room, which will go cold at first and then suddenly become very hot. if it goes really well i will see him and speak to him, if it only goes a little well ill just feel his presence really strongly, but i need to be able to make him appear and move things around with DARK TELEKENISIS or be visible or something that will satisfy the elders when they come. i think if i can get dio to come out tonight ill be able to explain to him my situation and it will be easier to get him to appear on saturday.

wish me luck! if anyone has any questions about how it goes just let me know.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: summoning a famous dead person

Post by Occultess »

Hello.

Ok. Maybe I'm overstepping a line here. I'm not a necromancer and I've only ever summoned dragons, but.....if I may...

I think you might want to pull back on the summoning famous people thing. I mean, I get what you are saying about not wanting to be boring to a bunch of people who have summoned all sorts of things, but....I think they are probably going to more be looking at things like: technique, skill, ability, how serious of a student you are, and if you take necromancy seriously. This sounds like something that is purely academic. Plus, considering you are only just going to be moving from Trainee to Iniatiate, they are not going to expect you to be as good as they are or have as much experience. You are just starting out and they are going to understand that. They just want to see if you fit the requirements for moving up to the next level. I also think they may actually look at someone trying to summon someone famous as.....well,.....that would probably be that amatuerish thing you were asking about. No offence.

Just do something that you can do that will show off your skill and your hard work at learning all the proper proceedures for things and don't worry about entertaining them. They don't want to be entertained. And I seriously think they might pass you over for Initiation if you do.

Good-luck on your....ummm....exam!
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Okay, well first of all: Welcome to the OF! [wink2]
I'm not actually a Necromancer either, although my path does contain necromantic elements, but I did want to say that I totally agree with what Occultess posted, above.

Assuming that your ritual works, my first question would be, how do you know it's RJD, and not some other entity posing as him just to mess with your head?
My first attempt at this kind of thing was with my friend Jenny when we were twelve. It was 1975, and we were trying to contact Jimi Hendrix. [grin2]
We got something, alright. The candles went out, and a breeze came up in her basement, and us two little kids freaked and ran upstairs --we were only 12 after all.
All I'm saying is, how do you know if you're on target? You don't even have a sigil for him.

I'm honestly not trying to discourage you! [smile2]
I do, however, have a couple of suggestions for you.

Stage 1:
FIrst of all, generally speaking, it is a good idea to approach Occult Supply houses with a good deal of scepticism when looking at things like chalk, or bee's wax candles and other more mundane items that you might find for yourself elsewhere at less expense. You could wind up saving enough for another Sabbath disc. [wink2]
Secondly, why not just make yourself a sigil for Ronnie James Dio? There are plenty of folks here who can help you with that part of it, if you need assistance; and, I think honestly, this might be one of those things you could do that really would impress your instructors, because you are showing initiative and improvising using well established, basic magical technique --this actually follows along with what Occultess was saying...
Occultess wrote:...I think they are probably going to more be looking at things like: technique, skill, ability, how serious of a student you are, and if you take necromancy seriously. This sounds like something that is purely academic.
Stage 2:
The CD is a great idea. It is a creation of his, something that came from his soul, and a creation that was particularly succesful. However, that being said, I think you can do better than a picture of a groupie. I've had the good fortune to know a number of rather successful musicians over the years, and they're not all as hot about groupies as you might imagine. I would think something that is actually a little more of a possession would be more appropriate. Like a special sports car, or a country home he was particularly fond of. Real Groupies aren't possessions, they're just unfortunately messed up women.

Stage 3:
Adramalech wrote:I entreat thee RONNIE JAMES DIO to manifest before me so you may give me true and faithful answer, so that I may accomplish my desired end, provided that it is proper to your office. This I respectfully and humbly ask in Your Name.
The way I understand this, it sounds to me like you are asking him to appear, be honest with you so that you may achieve your desired purpose if it falls within his area of responsibility.
Is this correct?
If so, I would say that while you are off to a good start one of the key things you have neglected is to communicate exactly what your desired purpose is... Magic has a lot to do with intent and purpose, if I'm not understating it. I think you'll find that entities are more likely to respond to you if they know what it is you want from them. Speaking for myself, I can honestly say that were I a dead famous guy, I would probably be more inclined to keep playing ping-pong with Sir Isaac Newton than suddenly drop everything and run off to some dude's attic for no particular reason other than to hang out.
Occultess wrote:...considering you are only just going to be moving from Trainee to Iniatiate, they are not going to expect you to be as good as they are or have as much experience. You are just starting out and they are going to understand that. They just want to see if you fit the requirements for moving up to the next level.
Dead on --no pun intended! This initiation is almost exactly like going for your belt in a martial arts dojo. At this point, it is like going for a Yellow Belt --first initiation.
I too believe your elders will be far more interested in Form and Technique than whether or not you can put your head through a brick.

Good Luck, though! Please tell us how it goes!
I'd love to see something on Fox about a 4'6" balding, heavy metal zombie running amok in Georgia! [grin2]

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

Occultess wrote: I think you might want to pull back on the summoning famous people thing.
Thanks for your comments you two. turns out you were TOTALLY RIGHT.

well i screwed it all up, that's the short version. some of you already know because you asked in private messages and i appreciate your concern but i dont know what the hell went wrong. if youll remember in the middle of the SUMMONING CIRCLE is a POWER TRIANGLE and in that i put a CD of HEAVEN AND HELL and a pack of smokes. but nothing was happening so i figured what the hell i'd just listen to the CD and have a cig while i waited so i burned down a heater and started rocking out to some fucking SABBATH. so i kinda hit this trance stage where i was just laying on my back next to the SUMMONING CIRCLE and listening to those kickass guitar soloes and thinking about what it means to have the DARK SPARK. and i guess i fell asleep. i dont know for sure but i woke up coughing. because i had all this inscents and candles around the circle and when i fell asleep i guess i knocked one over with my foot and it caught the attic floor on fire. it wasnt like a big fire or anything, but the wood was burning and there was a whole lot of smoke so it was pretty fucked up. i grabbed this blanket i had up there and just beat the hell out of the flames and they went out pretty OK but theres this huge black spot now and soot all over the walls and shit. of course the blanked is ruined too and it was a pretty good blanket, a gift from my father. it had a tiger on it but now you can barely even tell it was a tiger.

so needless to say i was feeling pretty discouraged about everything and thats also why i didnt write anything on the next day. but you know i got to thinking and i was thinking that maybe it did work but just Dio works in mysterious ways. because in that moment i was SLEEPING IN THE FLAMES and just like ENGULFED in smoke and BLACKNESS and that is pretty much right on for a necromancer. my mentor Vincent Von Androalphus says sometimes spirits can enter us or effect us when we summon them so maybe Dio made me fall asleep and made me fuck up the attic with fire. i can think of 2 reasons Dio would do this:

#1: he wanted me to have a close experience with darkness and fire to help me on my necromancy path

#2: he doesnt want to be summoned and was telling me to fuck off and die

unfortunately without more information i cant really make a good guess one way or another so i will have to try and summon him again at the ritual (its on friday) and just see how it goes. of course i will meditate some more on these happenings but i cant dwell on the past all the time so ill be trying to get some other stuff done this week too. as always if you have any questions about SUMMONING RITUALS or anything else relaited to necromancy just hit me up im usually on the computer late at night doing ARCANE RESEARCH. thanks for reading.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Geez, sorry about the fire and ruining your blanket! Glad you're ok, though.

I might be able to shed some light on what happened with a Tarot reading. I'm not professional or anything, so I guarantee nothing. But I could try if you'd like.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

By all that is grim, frostbitten, dark and metallic: please, pleez, PLEEEEZ do a Reading on this!
I for one am just dying to know what was behind these malifiscent manifestations of mayhem, ministered by this mini master of metal.
Occultess, I pray thee! Do tell! [eek] [grin2]

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

yes please!!!

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Ok. The very first card gave me trouble, so I'm putting that up here. Maybe it will make more sense to you:

http://tarotreadingpsychic.com/tarot-ca ... s-meaning/

It was the High Priestess reversed.

More or less, this is otherwise the interpretation I had of the cards:

The was a card about being concerned with appearances, so this probably refers to your not wanting to bore the judges to death and choosing to do something with a little more pizazz. One card was about being overburdened, so I think that might be indicating either that what you chose to do was maybe a little bit more than you could handle, or... (on account of it being right next to a card that seemed to be about the invitation you received to go to the initiation thing) perhaps it just put a lot of pressure on you trying to prepare and figure out what you wanted to do for it. There was a card about getting what you desire. I'm not sure if that means that you were successful in summoning Ronnie James or if it indicates something else. This particular card was next to The Tower reversed. This could possibly indicate that you are feeling trapped in this whole Dio summoning situation, it might mean you have to start form scratch, it might mean you have to let go of what you desire.... but.........the picture on the card seems to have something to offer, as well.

I said the card was the Tower, which is true if is in a traditional deck like the Rider-Waite. The deck I am using, however, is a Druid themed deck, so the card is actually called, Aillen Mac Midhna. Why this is interesting is that, while both the Rider-Waite and my deck have fire on the card, my card depicts Aillen Mac Midhna, who is a musician from Irish mythology who would put the people of this particular village to sleep with his magick harp and then he would set their houses on fire.

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

Occultess wrote: I said the card was the Tower, which is true if is in a traditional deck like the Rider-Waite. The deck I am using, however, is a Druid themed deck, so the card is actually called, Aillen Mac Midhna. Why this is interesting is that, while both the Rider-Waite and my deck have fire on the card, my card depicts Aillen Mac Midhna, who is a musician from Irish mythology who would put the people of this particular village to sleep with his magick harp and then he would set their houses on fire.

Wow, cool shit Occultess! [thumbup]
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

so this guy is trying to start a fight with me or what? i will kill him if he tries to burn down the rest of my house. i am very skilled in martial arts.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

Adramalech wrote:
Occultess wrote: I think you might want to pull back on the summoning famous people thing.
Thanks for your comments you two. turns out you were TOTALLY RIGHT.

well i screwed it all up, that's the short version. some of you already know because you asked in private messages and i appreciate your concern but i dont know what the hell went wrong. if youll remember in the middle of the SUMMONING CIRCLE is a POWER TRIANGLE and in that i put a CD of HEAVEN AND HELL and a pack of smokes. but nothing was happening so i figured what the hell i'd just listen to the CD and have a cig while i waited so i burned down a heater and started rocking out to some fucking SABBATH. so i kinda hit this trance stage where i was just laying on my back next to the SUMMONING CIRCLE and listening to those kickass guitar soloes and thinking about what it means to have the DARK SPARK. and i guess i fell asleep. i dont know for sure but i woke up coughing. because i had all this inscents and candles around the circle and when i fell asleep i guess i knocked one over with my foot and it caught the attic floor on fire. it wasnt like a big fire or anything, but the wood was burning and there was a whole lot of smoke so it was pretty fucked up. i grabbed this blanket i had up there and just beat the hell out of the flames and they went out pretty OK but theres this huge black spot now and soot all over the walls and shit. of course the blanked is ruined too and it was a pretty good blanket, a gift from my father. it had a tiger on it but now you can barely even tell it was a tiger.

so needless to say i was feeling pretty discouraged about everything and thats also why i didnt write anything on the next day. but you know i got to thinking and i was thinking that maybe it did work but just Dio works in mysterious ways. because in that moment i was SLEEPING IN THE FLAMES and just like ENGULFED in smoke and BLACKNESS and that is pretty much right on for a necromancer. my mentor Vincent Von Androalphus says sometimes spirits can enter us or effect us when we summon them so maybe Dio made me fall asleep and made me fuck up the attic with fire. i can think of 2 reasons Dio would do this:

#1: he wanted me to have a close experience with darkness and fire to help me on my necromancy path

#2: he doesnt want to be summoned and was telling me to fuck off and die

unfortunately without more information i cant really make a good guess one way or another so i will have to try and summon him again at the ritual (its on friday) and just see how it goes. of course i will meditate some more on these happenings but i cant dwell on the past all the time so ill be trying to get some other stuff done this week too. as always if you have any questions about SUMMONING RITUALS or anything else relaited to necromancy just hit me up im usually on the computer late at night doing ARCANE RESEARCH. thanks for reading.
ive read most all the posts and tara reading -

many of you may of read im opening hell as a second attempt to free everyone into HEAVEN incuding demons but to go elsewhere mabby. i decided this last year because i call ll it earth time so doubling up was best.

son you were burning in flames

as i realize many witches put things in hell to keep safe visit their ect. but rare people double up.

if you dwell with a free ticket to hell or keep things safe their you might want to double up

the tower was the castle of hell buring flames but also occultriss do you see a door open lol

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

can you explain what you mean by "doubling up"????

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Nope. I didn't see a door open up.

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

well heres the update you all asked for. thanks so much for your insight and advice. it's been a little while so probably you thought i peaced out but GUESS AGAIN, necromancy is here to stay. so im sure youre wondering where ive been and i can sort of tell you but some parts are secret and can only be divulged to those within our dark order who show themselves by drawing the profane SIGIL OF ASMODEUS in the ground. it is a symbol so enfused with dread energy that looking at it makes normal people lose a bunch of spirit energy and sometimes get dizzy or just confused. (it is like a demon face inside a pentagram but kind of abstract.)

in case you didnt notice i said "our order" because i passed the summoning ritual so i am a journeyman necromancer now. i talked about it in another entry here: June 5th, 2010. i dont think i can explain exactly what happened because that is giving away the secrets of the ritual but i will say that when the appointed hour struck i opened my soul to the darkest parts of the underworld and from my third eye and eigth mouth and my hand energy portals and all of my other magical orifices flowed nothing less than the ENERGY OF DESTRUCTION. the DARK SPARK grew to a cacofanous roaring flame and even the high priest that came all the way up from Birmingham was saying "how in the world does he have such power??" so i can only think my previous attempts to get spirits to lend me their power effected the ritual.

now that i am in the order i have access to more powers but of course i have to train them. Vincent Von Androalphus (my teacher) can shoot lightning bolts from his hands so i wanted to do that one too. so i am practicing, but you have to start really small and use static at first. so for example i rub a balloon against a sweater and then i touch a doorknob to discharge the energy. now im not an idiot i know that is SIMPLE SCIENCE and that is a static electricity that happens. however i use dark power to channel that static discharge so it is stronger than normal. also i can hold on to the energy longer. for instance if you build up static and you dont touch the doorknob well tough shit because after a few minutes it wont shock anymore. but i can go for two hours already without touching the doorknob and then make the shock later. Vincent Von Androalphus says within a month i wont need doorknobs or sweaters at all and i can just shoot lightning like Enperor Palpatine from Star Wars.

i will keep you all updated as the epic unfolds. for the record, you can try the spark training at home yourself. its pretty safe until you start getting bigger sparks and by then youll know its time to seek a professionals advice. have any of you tried it before?

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

have any of you tried it before?
No, but shooting lightening bolts sounds cool!

Congrats on your passing into Journeyman status.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Adramalech wrote:...you can try the spark training at home yourself. its pretty safe until you start getting bigger sparks and by then youll know its time to seek a professionals advice.
Just remember, though: you're still going to have to unplug the toaster before you use your wang to unwedge that stuck bagel.

Seek a professional's advice?
Seriously?
@ admins: why isn't there an emoticon with coffee coming out of it's nose? [razz]

I'm sorry. I'm calling Troll on this one...

Post by guest »

Troll or not, this is my new hero

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

Nahemah wrote:Image

[lol] [lol] [lol]
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

yeah whatever, your not the first doubters ive met and you wont be the last. i will break down how i train so you know how serious i am. i have time for it because i got suspended from my job doing inventory and shit at this store (what store doesnt matter) and i think they expected me to give a damn but i dont because now i can devote all my time to my necromancy training. it is hard to care about timesheets and unloading containers when you know your future is about rending THE DREAD VEIL between this life and the plain of the dead.

so i will brake down my daily necromancy training routine for you and that way you can try it at home if you want to see the kind of results i do (that is to say EXTREME results).

about 12:00 PM - wake up

12:30 PM - breakfast

(breakfast is something high in carbs because the day is going to be pretty intense and you use a lot of energy doing the various special moves)

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - flips

basically you cant win em all and sometimes you have to use EVASION TECHNIQUES in battle so at that time you can use flipping if you are good at it. flips have been around since caveman times and there is a reason those guys survived well enough to have kids (our ancestors, i know it because i read it in a evolution website about how god is fake etc.)

2:00 PM - 4:00 PM - spark training

spark trianing is so i can shoot lighting bolts later. i already talked about this before too but its important for you to know that im not saying you just do spark training for two hours. you can practice making sparks while you are doing other shit like cleaning your room or watching TV or just hanging out. personally i like to play Dragon Age Origins during this time because i havent got all the endings yet and i only max leveled one of my guys and i didnt get to bang all the girls yet, only morrigan (the cleavage witch) but not the red headed elf one (leliana). yes i have Skyrim too but i dont play it as much because you cant bang the girls.

4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - studies

its important to train your mind as well as your body and spirit body. i look stuff up on websites and read from ancient tomes that i got from my master and also read necromancy books at the library but our library only has a few of them and when i asked them if they could get The Necronomicon in they said they dont even have that in their computer. figures that the government would not want people to read it, i guess i shouldnt be surprised but it was worth a shot.

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - dinner

dinner can be whatever you want really just try to make sure its sort of healthy a lot of the time because like i am always telling you YOUR BODY IS YOUR TEMPLE and if you put crap into it, you guessed it, your body will turn into crap. with a crap body your power level will drop like crazy.

7:00 PM - 2:00 AM - free time

the evenings are free right now since thats when i used to do my training and i worked during the day but now i dont have to work so i have more free time. you can adjust the hours if you work but actually if you get fired from your job you can get paychecks from the government which is enough if you dont have to pay rent (like for example my house was inhereted from my dad). so you can do whatever you want really at night.

2:00 AM - 3:00 AM - the darkness

so at 2:00 am is when i do a routine that is nonorthodox even for necros. my attic has no windows so its totally dark. so i go up there with no light and i go to the darkest part of the total darkness and i just soak it in. like everything is trapped in PERFECT BLACKNESS and i am so comfortable there. it is peaceful but i can feel my powers growing while i meditate in there. i am becoming a creature of darkness more and more every time and i know it and i can feel the power of it go through my vains like electricity. lots of times my mind starts to think about other shit than darkness but i catch myself and focus on blackness and death again and continue. sometimes i fall asleep up there and i wake up in the attic and it gets really hot so i end up waking up at like 7 AM covered in sweat but then i just move downstairs and put on the air conditioning and its cool. if you cant find an attic with no windows you can do this by just blindfolding yourself in your normal room but i dont know if it will be as helpful. if you try it let me know i guess.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

You can get copies of the Necronomicon from Sears.com (I kid you not. Sears really does have everything.) They have various versions, but I got the Simon Nec. It was only $5.50 or so (paperback) and shipping for books from them is only .99 cents.

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

Shaigoat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shaigoat »

So, from what I gather, your actual "training" lasts for 2 hours a day...the actual studying that is...meditating and soaking up "the darkness" do not constitute training IMHO...not it we talk about necromancy at least. [neutral2]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Yeh.

I have only the utmost respect for Mr.Ronnie James Dio,general rock god and all round nice guy.

May he rest in peace or mayhem or whatever he wants to have. [greensmile]

If he manifested fire for me,I'd take the hint,personally.Just saying. [geek2]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Adramalech
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Adramalech »

Shaigoat wrote:So, from what I gather, your actual "training" lasts for 2 hours a day...the actual studying that is...meditating and soaking up "the darkness" do not constitute training IMHO...not it we talk about necromancy at least. [neutral2]
yeah like i said its unorthodox, most people at your level probably wouldnt understand. but training is a mindset that lasts 24/7 a day no matter what your doing.

Return to “The Roasting Pit”