Haelos' Off-Topic Topic

The naughty step, the fighting pit, where topics come to die and moderation is generally lighter.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Haelos' Off-Topic Topic

Post by Haelos »

Others' have done it in the past, so I'm just going to use this thread to share some interesting thoughts of mine. If you enjoy anything, feel free to comment on whatever you enjoy.

My feeling of being an outcast for the majority of the beginning of my life makes more sense now; I don't like sports.
(Please let me know if that youtube link doesn't work. My computer is screwy, and I won't be able to tell after posting.)
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Haelos' Off-Topic Topic

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

I'd say its a touch misplaced when these guys get contracts with little performance-checking built in and when so many of your team's apparently best draft picks can sprain something in practice and milk their contract from the bench for the the remainder of their paycheck. Similarly these guys get passed around like joints at a hippy-fest and they're playing against guys they've partied with and often enough played on the same team with. MAJOR dog-and-pony show.

Now, if for most people the tribal impulse is as overbearing and in need of outlet as the need to urinate - I try to have my sympathies. Like you however, especially in this instance example, it's tough for me to relate. Maybe a book will be written by some British occultists in the next few decades called 'The Magical Battle of Manchester United' - every other fan will be doing what they're doing anyway but who knows, maybe a handful of well trained occultists could indeed tip the scales!
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Return to “The Roasting Pit”