Necromancy

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Khaemwese

Anyone recommend any good necromancy books? Not midieval european, nor greek roman let's just sit in the tomb kind of thing. Just rituals, meditations, and such.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Sorry, I had done only a search in the ancient forum, not the general forum as I didn't want any except the old methods.

-edit

Ok, I searched. Wasn't happy with what I found, can someone PM me or something if they don't want to share it on the boards?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: danielson

'the necromantic ritual book' by leila weindell seems to meet the criteria you described.. the book is pretty short and to the point- it basically takes the ancient methods of necromancy and puts them into a more modern context.. giving ideas for things you are asking about

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: Jenfucius

I dont know about leila weindell (I'm familar with her stuff).
I question if her view of necromancy is historically accurate or not. (But lets say her perception of necromancy is of only one perspective of necromancy.)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: danielson

I pretty much agree with you jenfucius.. the book isn't very good. Come to think of it, she does advocate sitting in a tomb- which khaemwese said he wasn't interested in doing in the original post.. I read in ogden's 'greek and roman necromancy' that greek/roman manuscripts also touch on using skrying while simultaneously offering libations to the spirit being called forth.
There are many ways to perform 'necromancy'. I just think the 'why' should be contemplated more deeply sometimes by people who are interested in it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: Luke Saint

"Forbidden Rites: A Necromancer's Manual of the Fifteenth Century" by Richard Kieckhefer had some pretty decent information in it. At least I thought so a few years ago when I last read it. It's not so much of a how-to guide as it is a source book. The review on Amazon sums it up pretty well.

Eh, you decide.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: EtuMalku

'Nocturnicon' by Konstantinos

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: nebhotep

Hi

I would second the reference to Ogden's book on Greek and Roman Necromancy, however what I have read of the book, I should get back to it actually, is more about the evidence for the practice and not really the techniques or instructions as to how to perform rites, but since I have not yet finished it I could be wrong! :) If you fancy Egyptian stuff, the Book of the Dead would and other related funerary corpi (what is the plural for corpus?? lol).

Nebhotep

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: Athena

[QUOTE=Khaemwese;354946]Anyone recommend any good necromancy books? Not midieval european, nor greek roman let's just sit in the tomb kind of thing. Just rituals, meditations, and such.[/QUOTE]

The Europeans, Greeks and Romans did quite a bit more then just tomb sitting... the whole libations, really long prayers, summonings and so on... but I'm guessing you mean a more modern approach? There's a couple of new books on necromancy out there, check out Amazon. However I would still say that just going and talking with the dead will get you a lot further then reading about it, especially if you already have the basics down from the boring ol' tomb sitting ancient books :>. The dead themselves can teach you a great deal about it. Just go slowly, don't do anything stupid and so on. Oh yeah, also look into some of the ancestor traditions for ideas.

Now if you are looking for something with specific ritual instructions, with something that looks like a ceremonial magick ritual for necromancy, you just aren't going to find it, it's just not done that way (at least not by most).

Athena

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Thank you all for your replies, I guess I should have been more patient, as the ancestor in question who contacted me had nothing to do with ceremonies or anything else. She asks for offerings, and such so it's pretty KISS. Again, thank you all for your replies.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Original post: Ashnook

Page 2 of the following thread should help to answer some of your questions:

http://www.occultforums.com/showthread. ... ncy&page=2

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Post by Gandridur »

Occultforums.com Archive wrote:Original post: Khaemwese

Anyone recommend any good necromancy books? Not midieval european, nor greek roman let's just sit in the tomb kind of thing. Just rituals, meditations, and such.
Communing with the spirits by Martin Coleman.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Necromancy

Post by Venefica »

Transcendental Magic by Eliphas Levi has a good chapter on Necromancy. It is not the easiest book to read but it is a classic when it comes to occult literature and is well worth getting.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

jonnymagic62
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Post by jonnymagic62 »

Occult Forum Archive,
I used the egyptian book of the dead. I can tell you for a fact that it is the most dangerous magic ther is.your dealing with enitys that are millions of years old. there is no known banishments to get rid of these entitys once you summons them.you can try solar magic. the book killed a good friend of mine. the book was denided to be in exsitance by the Vatican. the people who were translating it met with unfortunate bad luck. one translater was attacked by the family dog. if you chose to experiment with necromancy.they're might not be anything to save you.

Yequan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Post by Yequan »

This is not the easiest book to read, but it is a classic when it comes to literature, occult, deserve...

qiuyinffy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Post by qiuyinffy »

It is not the easiest book to read but it is a classic when it comes to occult literature and is well worth getting. Cartier Jewelry Chanel Purses Chanel Purses

OmKaliMa
Forum Member
Forum Member

Necromancy

Post by OmKaliMa »

Search for "Death Meditations".

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”