Magical Egypt - The Invisible Science (8 hr series)

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Magical Egypt - The Invisible Science (8 hr series)

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

This is lead by John Anthony West. I haven't had the opportunity to watch the whole thing yet, queuing the second video right now, but I get the feeling I'm about to see a lot of edification of the BOTA lesson plan.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Magical Egypt - The Invisible Science (8 hr series)

Post by magari »

Any thoughts on this?

8 hours is a mighty request.

Is it worth it?

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Probably better if you just take a look at the first fifteen minutes of episode one and make your own call.

Seems to go rather deep into the territory that John Anthony West is big on but whether its 'worth it' - meh, that's too subjective for me to decide for anyone.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

I have always found John Anthony West interesting. His understanding of ancient Egypt is quite deep on a symbolic level but I sometimes have to wonder if all that he thinks of the artifacts and creations of ancient Egypt is what the Egyptians thought or is he working more with modern projections. In the final analysis it may not matter so far as the individual is concerned.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Ok, so I'm going to say that this is the best video I've seen attempting to explain the parrellels between all religions.

Its 8 hours of some pretty impressive evidence. Almost all 8 hours is just evidence, evidence, evidence.

The production value sucks
The ending is terrible...

However, the evidence is incredible.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who already has a working knowledge of symbolism or ancient egypt, unless they have 8 hours to kill, but I think this should be added to the Beginners Resources.

When I was 18 and consuming everything I could about this stuff I would have been ecstatic to have this video.

I tried showing a friend a while ago "The Esoteric Agenda" just to help him see the parallels between religions, but he couldn't get past the propaganda and flaky facts. Never even finished the video. I wish he could watch this one now.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

I like 'Secrets Hidden in Plane Sight' also, that guy did some pretty good homework.

A couple years ago I had such a slow job that we'd sit around the office all day, failing our marks of course (the unhealthy part of it), but pretty much watching Youtube, reading, doing whatever we wanted since our branch of the operations was in a bit of a death spiral and we had no structural authority to make ourselves busier. During that time I watched tons of this stuff, I read the bible cover to cover in five weeks and in more of a connect-the-dots way read it again, read MP Hall's Secret Teachings, at least five of the more well-known Rudolph Steiner books (albeit I have mixed feelings about his stuff the more I've read from other places), Meditations on the Tarot (ie. translated by Robert Powell), and about all I can really say is the traditional Hermetic stuff probably had the best touch-stones. That's kinda where this video is at albeit John Anthony loves to go off on Gurdjieff - I don't frankly know enough about him but other than that yes, excellent video.

I agree with you though on the ability to take in and analyze the occult/western esoteric take on organized religion, Judaism, Christianity, the bible, because its a completely different motif when your not used to it and while the way key passages are looked at will seem incredibly powerful to a bystander they'll feel like the person is just speaking mind-melting gibberish all around it, cherry-picking phrases from the bible to fit their agenda, and it takes a few reads or more of the bible for people to really get a grasp on the possibility that a) aside from many parts of the bible being as divinely inspired as me keying right now (if your a monist though everything really is) one really can parse the politics and find greatness and unique power of content in the main messages without either needing to accept every word as blunt-literal and infallible or throw it all out the window entirely because one or two things in that context might not work b) the global story of humanity really does come together, connect, make sense, and you end up wondering where this has been all your life. That leap takes an inward push though, for me it was partly the bit of me needing beyond anything to know the truth about life but also, in addition, seeing the so-diffuse delivery of occult/mystic knowledge as a puzzle and that puzzle aspect got me engaged even more.

Sometimes I think the esoteric or 'occult' really is only occulted by the number of people who don't even want to contemplate these kinds of things. The % of it that's occult is the percent that you go on talking about with another person after you've both cleared the room :P.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Makes sense....

I was thinking this video would have made a lot more waves if it didn't have the "occult" spin on it. I think the evidence speaks for itself.

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”