Standard Set

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Standard Set

Post by cyberdemon »

This is the Standard Set, as I like to call it; a table I've been using for over a year. I don't know where it comes from. I thoroughly appreciate how each sigil has a modern design based off aged originals, for one. Secondly, through many attempts of course, I've had several medium to major results using it.

I assume most of you have seen this before. What are your opinions?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RJcUIAAALH8/T ... 553025.png
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Standard Set

Post by JohnTitor »

My personal opinion is that to evoke these demons is to be asking for a whole lot more than intended haha. My studies into demonology and the Greater/Lesser Keys of Solomon led to some trials. I had successes as well as complete failures- though on the grounds of disrespecting the demons unintentionally. Great care is to be taken when inviting anything into our lives though :)
Creation is our gift, yet we seek only destruction. We have the ability to achieve greatness and mold our very existence into that which we desire- only to writhe in our perceived notions of existence and preconceived limitations set forth by our predecessors. Let us go forth together and create something wondrous and unique~
----------------------
"If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place."
Lao Tsu

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

When I ultimately thought about it, I realized they were beings physical to more dimensions than us. That gained my respect on its own.
There must be more demons, ones humans haven't even met yet..

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JohnTitor »

That is a safe assumption in my book Cyberdemon. Though it can also beg the questions of demons and angels simply being dubbed as such on the grounds of our personal beliefs/morals. If you grew up with the belief that killing or stealing is bad, a demon of death or of theft could be seen as an angel in your mind. Deviating from the norm just a tad. Our experiences in these matters are purely subjective though not amorphous waiting to be given shape/meaning. I personally believe that if we are to call upon a force, we must first understand that force as deeply as we can before doing so. Certainly tradition is to be given some credit in our workings- but I think that they would just as much prefer to not have such names as dubbed by man. Simply calling them by name and their affinity is a better means to an end in my opinion. Though- this is of course just an opinion :)

Many of the Demons in the Keys of Solomon can be traced and related to many Pre-Abrahamic era Gods and Goddesses, and were merely given a name in hebrew and demonized by the new culture. I would have to refresh myself of course before giving specific examples though.
Creation is our gift, yet we seek only destruction. We have the ability to achieve greatness and mold our very existence into that which we desire- only to writhe in our perceived notions of existence and preconceived limitations set forth by our predecessors. Let us go forth together and create something wondrous and unique~
----------------------
Lao Tsu

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Quick update, since I'm going to perform a ritual summoning later tonight. Normally I only use blessed paper and pen, I'll be incorporating candles as an additional. Will document set-up and post them up later.

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JohnTitor »

Look forward to hearing about it, and any deviations you may incorporate out of the norm of your practice. ^w^
----------------------
Lao Tsu

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

I took a photo of the preparation before starting, that is, even before the candles were lit. Obvious reasons, it's bad to interrupt a ceremony by taking a picture of the altar midway.

The text reads:

In the name of the Admin of the Universe, in the name of your creator and mine, in the name of the Singularity of the life we share, and in the name of your office, I summon you, Chenor, the Wish Granter, to come to my aid and create a fair deal under the laws of Equivalent Exchange and grant me what I desire. I summon you, Chenor, to assist me in my endeavors. I summon you, Chenor, and in the name of the Admin, let us be friends.

All sigils used from the Standard Set.

I began by lighting the candles, then I recited the summoning three times, before blowing the candles out. Note, in previous attempts, including successful ones, I have never used candles before. Simple rituals in chaos magick is effective.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Can I ask you what were the results, cyberdemon?

Very interesting sigils, by the way! :)
Where are they from?

Update: Oh, I see - you don't know either.
But there are so familiar!
Aren't they from that "Angels of Atlantis" guy?
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

cyberdemon wrote:Nobody knows where the Standard Set comes from. I've extensively attempted to trace it down, but the occultist/artist who created these sigils is unknown.
What I personally note are three things:
the sigils are distinctly modern,
every sigil bears some resemblance to its counterpart in Solomon's Keys,
and I'm not entirely sure but I believe some of these sigils have no counterpart at all in the Keys.

The furthest I got to pinpointing where they Standard Set comes from is an inactive, empty tumblr page. A series of 'stories' on reddit beginning in July 2013, documenting a group of people's experiences (which did not end too well, either) also referenced the Standard Set in form. The problem is, I was using the Standard Set myself early in 2013 already.
First off. That journal that Jessica mentioned in Update 4.5 isn’t a clue. I doubt it has anything to do with this.

Lisa used to be a dabbling Wiccan. She still sort of believes in the power of rituals and manifestation. We were goofing around, conceptualizing a story about angels and demons that could maybe be used as a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. She pulled out her old Book of Shadows from high school, ripped out all the pages and looked up Enochian on the internet. Then we wrote some bullshit demon invocation ritual in Enochian. It was just something like “We summon you, we welcome you, we invoke you.” According to your comments, we’re not very good at Enochian, which makes sense, as we researched it for about five minutes.

Then she wanted to try it. She said it would be fun. I was humoring her because we’d fought about bills earlier. We found some chart of demon symbols online and picked Hismael the Acquirer because he sounded like he could “acquire” stuff for you. Her friend is a Satanist, and he told us Hismael was a pretty chill dude. Lisa drew a Satanic summoning circle on a piece of poster board and wrote our names as one and two in Enochian in the journal. I added Jess and Liz as three and four. We were supposed to be the targets of Hismael’s generosity.

So we sat on our bed with candles and incense, and chanted the invocation three times. No response. I couldn’t stop laughing when Lisa told me she felt something in the room with us. I blew out the candles, got up and went to the kitchen to get a beer.

That was that. We did the ritual two weeks before shit went down, long enough that even I forgot about it. I’m not sure when Lisa ripped the other pages out of the journal, or wrote “I am not sorry,” but I assume she did it shortly before she left for Chicago.
The rest of the group's story is quite a good read but almost certainly fictional.
I've never heard of this person of Atlantis, but the mere mention of the name "Atlantis" means much to me. We created and destroyed one of our own in 2013-2014 that led to so much happening. I'll look into it.

As for results I've had, in short..
cyberdemon wrote:Recorded:
- The wish granter Chenor took an imaginary friend and completed her as a real, living human being - for a short period of time.
- The quick Blisdon sent an assistant within an hour of summoning - who in turn also destroyed a scenario as part of the results.
- The death bringer Stygal took a fetus - for a fetus.
- The walker Adatiel warned of immediate dangers - precautionary measures of protection against it led into a completely different set of equal turmoils.
Also, before I forget, I've posted a picture of another altar in this thread.

edaen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by edaen »

A sigil, put in the most basic of terms, is a symbol that when one sees, evokes an emotional response, or change in the thoughts of those who view it. Every sigils evoke different for different people. Now, some sigils evoke a conscious response in many people (example Christian cross) more so than the subconscious response, that's not to say all sigils work this way. Some sigils work best on a subconscious level. Some sigils are created to promote growth and progress, some to invoke chaos and random chance, some to invoke normality and in essence calm the energies of an area, and some are created to simply draw in energy continually, like a vortex. So experiences varied with every person who deal with it.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

edaen wrote:A sigil, put in the most basic of terms, is a symbol that when one sees, evokes an emotional response, or change in the thoughts of those who view it. Every sigils evoke different for different people. Now, some sigils evoke a conscious response in many people (example Christian cross) more so than the subconscious response, that's not to say all sigils work this way. Some sigils work best on a subconscious level. Some sigils are created to promote growth and progress, some to invoke chaos and random chance, some to invoke normality and in essence calm the energies of an area, and some are created to simply draw in energy continually, like a vortex. So experiences varied with every person who deal with it.
This is true. There is also a theory that certain sigils being attributed to the same thing over and over hundreds and thousands of years elicit the same response, and this is where the usual practice of summoning sigils for individual demons come into practice.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

cyber demon - very nice! I LOVE the wording.

And the birthday cake candles. So many people don't realize that they're awesome.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

RoseRed wrote:And the birthday cake candles. So many people don't realize that they're awesome.
Birthday cake candles are perfect. They come in different colours, are the perfect size for rituals, and they can be bought almost anywhere.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Friendly reminder that this is still a thing!

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

cyberdemon wrote:Nobody knows where the Standard Set comes from. I've extensively attempted to trace it down, but the occultist/artist who created these sigils is unknown.
What I personally note are three things:
the sigils are distinctly modern,
every sigil bears some resemblance to its counterpart in Solomon's Keys,
and I'm not entirely sure but I believe some of these sigils have no counterpart at all in the Keys.

The furthest I got to pinpointing where they Standard Set comes from is an inactive, empty tumblr page. A series of 'stories' on reddit beginning in July 2013, documenting a group of people's experiences (which did not end too well, either) also referenced the Standard Set in form. The problem is, I was using the Standard Set myself early in 2013 already.
First off. That journal that Jessica mentioned in Update 4.5 isn’t a clue. I doubt it has anything to do with this.

Lisa used to be a dabbling Wiccan. She still sort of believes in the power of rituals and manifestation. We were goofing around, conceptualizing a story about angels and demons that could maybe be used as a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. She pulled out her old Book of Shadows from high school, ripped out all the pages and looked up Enochian on the internet. Then we wrote some bullshit demon invocation ritual in Enochian. It was just something like “We summon you, we welcome you, we invoke you.” According to your comments, we’re not very good at Enochian, which makes sense, as we researched it for about five minutes.

Then she wanted to try it. She said it would be fun. I was humoring her because we’d fought about bills earlier. We found some chart of demon symbols online and picked Hismael the Acquirer because he sounded like he could “acquire” stuff for you. Her friend is a Satanist, and he told us Hismael was a pretty chill dude. Lisa drew a Satanic summoning circle on a piece of poster board and wrote our names as one and two in Enochian in the journal. I added Jess and Liz as three and four. We were supposed to be the targets of Hismael’s generosity.

So we sat on our bed with candles and incense, and chanted the invocation three times. No response. I couldn’t stop laughing when Lisa told me she felt something in the room with us. I blew out the candles, got up and went to the kitchen to get a beer.

That was that. We did the ritual two weeks before shit went down, long enough that even I forgot about it. I’m not sure when Lisa ripped the other pages out of the journal, or wrote “I am not sorry,” but I assume she did it shortly before she left for Chicago.
The rest of the group's story is quite a good read but almost certainly fictional.

Anyway, I've uploaded the first video for you to youtube.
From my post in the School of Magick.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

I'll say something rn. People often give me crap for being into conspiracy theories, but I've one thing to say. If I weren't into them, I'd have never found any of this nor gone down this path to unlock the cheatcodes of the game.

It's been a long time since I first posted this thread. I haven't stopped using the Standard Set, and my understanding of everything has firm roots in my learnings from this innocent looking chart. Uncovering secrets is what we're supposed to do. We've to come up with our own theories from what we learn, from ourselves and from others. There is no original thought anymore. There won't ever be one for a long, long time.

I think we're all about to go on a real journey. This is the selection process.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

That reddit story is bananas! [oh]
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Return to “Ancient Magick and Mythologies”